Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I just bought Mass Effect 3

Go down 
+3
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
Orc
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Stoney wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
There may be slightly fewer options for dialogue, but there are the interrupts where are a great addition.

Mass Effect 2 had full dialogue control and interrupts. Seriously, how ME 2 handled the dialogue was fucking immense.
I mean the way I see it is that Mass Effect handled the RPG elements the best (though they were a bit much), Mass Effect 2 handled the dialogue the best, and Mass Effect 3 handled the combat the best. I guess I like ME3 the most but if I were to make a list of my favorite games of this generation, favorite sci-fi games, etc., I'd include Mass Effect trilogy as one entry. Can't wait to see what BioWare does with future installments. Hopefully a new trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:49 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Stoney wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
There may be slightly fewer options for dialogue, but there are the interrupts where are a great addition.

Mass Effect 2 had full dialogue control and interrupts. Seriously, how ME 2 handled the dialogue was fucking immense.
I mean the way I see it is that Mass Effect handled the RPG elements the best (though they were a bit much)

A bit much?

Oh Jack.... eye roll
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Jack has point, Lykos. I love Mass Effect 1 since it was the sole reason I was going to get a 360 (before ME2 was released on PS3), but the RPG is a bit excessive in some parts.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Stoney wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

I mean the way I see it is that Mass Effect handled the RPG elements the best (though they were a bit much)

A bit much?

Oh Jack.... eye roll
Yeah, I think making you manage the armor and gun mods for every single squad member is way too much. It was too much for me, at least. I mean, I did it, but I thought it took up too much time.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Sorry I was wrong about the auto-save of Mass Effect... It's horrible throughout the whole game. I got to Peak 15, found Benezia, died, and the game took me ALL the way back. When I say back I mean all the way to the start of the mission.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Yeah auto-save is atrocious.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 am

Oh Peak 15 .... that happened to me a couple of times, the auto save is terrible, that's why you constantly save, man.

Be grateful you're getting the chance to play one of the best games this gen. BE IN AWE YOU LITTLE URCHIN.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:17 am

ME3 had the quick-save option. Can't remember if the first two games had it. But I really liked that feature. Just hit the SELECT button and keep playing.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Doesn't Mass Effect 2 auto-save when you do something, even if it's walking through a door? The games fantastic most of the time, but the auto-save is stupid! I spent at least 1 or 2 hours on that mission only to die and get pushed all the way back! I was like: :fuuu:
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:26 pm

yonny616 wrote:
The games fantastic most of the time, but the auto-save is stupid! I spent at least 1 or 2 hours on that mission only to die and get pushed all the way back! I was like: :fuuu:

True story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:26 pm

ME3 needed more biotic god
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Oh my God and Mass Effect freezes the game to save. That's annoying. At least that's how it is on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:04 am

Like I said before, I'll give Mass Effect 3 another whirl and I am, and I guess after a year of yearning it's flaws I've come to accept them (auto-dialogue was my only major gripe) and the rest were just trivial on my part.

I guess if I look at the big picture, the amount of variables that the game has to take into account, who's alive/dead, who's loyal, did you save Maelon's data, is Mordin in charge of the cure or Patok Wiks, who's leading the Krogan? Garrus, Tali!!! so many fucking variables!!. If I look at it that way, I can accept the auto-dialogue.

So far I'm really enjoying it again, and I'm going to download Citadel DLC and Leviathan. (Don't care much for Aria and Omega and it seems to be the weakest DLC out of the lot.)

I'm sowwy for the shhtick I gave you pro-ME 3 folk. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I feel like even if you don't consider it to be a great RPG, it's still a sick third-person shooter with an epic story.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:16 pm

^
slick third person shooter? One with a second-rate cover system, horrid animations (or lack of) and generally weak gunplay?

The first game had these problems, perhaps to a greater extent, however it has a focus on other gameplay elements, which is what made it so good.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
^
slick third person shooter? One with a second-rate cover system, horrid animations (or lack of) and generally weak gunplay?

The first game had these problems, perhaps to a greater extent, however it has a focus on other gameplay elements, which is what made it so good.
What? The cover system is fine and the gunplay is mostly solid. Plus the upgrade system, while not as in-depth as the first Mass Effect, is still way impressive. And the narrative is fanfreakingtastic.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:52 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
^

What? The cover system is fine and the gunplay is mostly solid. Plus the upgrade system, while not as in-depth as the first Mass Effect, is still way impressive. And the narrative is fanfreakingtastic.

Exactly. Lykos makes it seem like this is MGS2 cover system or something.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
^

Exactly. Lykos makes it seem like this is MGS2 cover system or something.

Push up against cover, hold R1 to lean, L1 to aim gun, right stick to move reticle and square to shoot. So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 2590470549
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am

It's been a while so I can double post.

You must, I repeat, you download the Citadel DLC. It's blatant fanservice, cheesy but hilariously good plot, the best squad interaction in the game without a doubt, both Mass Effect 3 and 2 squadmates depending on when you start the DLC, i.e start it before Rannoch and Tali and Miranda are missing etc.

Also, the replayability in the DLC is vast, character interactions play different depending on who is alive (in your squad), who survived from Mass Effect 2 and who you're banging.

I'm doing a FemShep/Samantha Traynor arc and she is fucking hilarious in this DLC.

Also, the amount of "in joke" references it has is a great shout to long term fans, they even bring back a specific weapon from Mass Effect, and it uses the overheat system as opposed to ammo.

Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 am

^^ I'll play it after I'm done saving Miranda's ass from her Father on Sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Stoney wrote:

You must, I repeat, you download the Citadel DLC. It's blatant fanservice, cheesy but hilariously good plot, the best squad interaction in the game without a doubt, both Mass Effect 3 and 2 squadmates depending on when you start the DLC, i.e start it before Rannoch and Tali and Miranda are missing etc.

Also, the replayability in the DLC is vast, character interactions play different depending on who is alive (in your squad), who survived from Mass Effect 2 and who you're banging.

I'm doing a FemShep/Samantha Traynor arc and she is fucking hilarious in this DLC.

Also, the amount of "in joke" references it has is a great shout to long term fans, they even bring back a specific weapon from Mass Effect, and it uses the overheat system as opposed to ammo.

I banged Traynor with FemShep. I bought the Citadel DLC yesterday and I'm replaying ME3 with my imported ME3 male Shepard (like the New Game Plus option) so I can be sure I do everything right.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:01 am

Perfect, that bulky human had to make me drink all those intoxicated bottles and then I got laid with a primitive... :oops:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Stoney wrote:

I banged Traynor with FemShep. I bought the Citadel DLC yesterday and I'm replaying ME3 with my imported ME3 male Shepard (like the New Game Plus option) so I can be sure I do everything right.

Your main Shepard? As in the one you brought in from Mass Effect 1? How does NG + effect your game if any effect at all?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 8:44 pm

My thoughts on the Citadel DLC here: http://www.g7gaming.net/t6544p15-my-thoughts-on-the-mass-effect-trilogy#89423 (or below)

Quote :
I just played the Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC. Definitely the best DLC of the whole trilogy. The villain reveal was kinda silly but there's so much great dialogue that I don't mind it going into sci-fi camp at times. I really like that it wasn't simply a mission that you can take, but that there's an engaging story where you see Shepard caught off-guard. I guess my biggest complaint is that I was under the impression that you'd be fighting alongside old allies, and they're in the DLC, at a party you can throw at the end of the DLC (optional), but the only old ally you get to fight alongside is Wrex. I certainly did not squander that opportunity.

I'm saving the party for later in the game but the rest of the DLC content is a top-notch. I really like all of the other DLC packs, but I wish they were as good as Citadel, which feels like an expansion as opposed to just a handful of missions like the others did. Anyway, it's a great send-off.

Stoney wrote:
Your main Shepard? As in the one you brought in from Mass Effect 1? How does NG + effect your game if any effect at all?
The story restarts and the morality is set to neutral, but you get to keep your skill points, weapons, gear, money, and weapon attachments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I just bought Mass Effect 3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2