Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I just bought Mass Effect 3

Go down 
+3
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
Orc
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

So I just bought Mass Effect 3 Empty
PostSubject: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:18 pm

People may bash the ending but this game is good from the start

Nevermind a massive open world to explore, I much prefer the narrow claustrophobic corridor approach.

Nevermind narrative, I like how 5 seconds into the game you are already back in action

Nevermind logic, the game makes everything convenient, like the people you end up bumping into amidst a chaotic war end up being people you know.

Nevermind immersion, I never needed to hostler my weapon anyway. Plus I like the way shepherd holds his arms outstretched without getting tired, shows how strong he is.

Nevermind fan service, we never thought of mass effect as an rpg anyway, the shooting elements were always the focus

Nevermind online mode, I don't care if it dies soon because im reassured that EA Are making good money by preventing 2nd hand copies being played online

Nevermind quality dialogue and cutscenes, I like the cheesy melodrama seen in b movies

Nevermind intricately rendered environments, I like the little gif characters running in the distance

Nevermind choice.. The games were never about this anyway. I like how shepherd has his own pre determined disposition for the most part
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:23 pm

I love you, Lykos. Beautifully put. Sad
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Stoney wrote:
I love you, Lykos. Beautifully put. Sad

Love you too Snakey :) And thank you. I try.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Nevermind a massive open world to explore

Nevermind narrative,

Nevermind logic,

Nevermind immersion,

Nevermind fan service,

Nevermind online mode,

Nevermind quality dialogue and cutscenes,

Nevermind intricately rendered environments,

Nevermind choice..

it has gay sex and thats all i care about
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Shame it doesn't have that anime paedophilia stuff you like I love you
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Razz true
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

So I just bought Mass Effect 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm

:fuckthat: to everything you said.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 am

I always wanted gears of war in space. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:20 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Nevermind a massive open world to explore, I much prefer the narrow claustrophobic corridor approach.
It's not open-world in the same way that Skyrim is, but there's a lot of secret stuff to find.

Nevermind narrative, I like how 5 seconds into the game you are already back in action
It has a better narrative than most games out there. Just because it starts with action doesn't mean there aren't any feels. By the end of the first mission there are feels.

Nevermind logic, the game makes everything convenient, like the people you end up bumping into amidst a chaotic war end up being people you know.
There's always a reason for it. Garrus is on Palaven because it's got a military installation and is right near the homeworld and they need Garrus. Samara is at the Ardat-Yakshi sanctuary because her daughters are there and the Reapers attacked the place. Sure, there are some big coincidences, but there is a such thing as suspension of disbelief.

Nevermind immersion, I never needed to hostler my weapon anyway. Plus I like the way shepherd holds his arms outstretched without getting tired, shows how strong he is.
Um . . . that's called third-person shooter gameplay?

Nevermind fan service, we never thought of mass effect as an rpg anyway, the shooting elements were always the focus
I can't disagree with this, but the games did get better with each one. They did a better job of streamlining things than, say, Fable III.

Nevermind online mode, I don't care if it dies soon because im reassured that EA Are making good money by preventing 2nd hand copies being played online
Online mode is a lot of fun. It's mission-based survival co-op where you have to survive waves of enemies whilst also completing objectives every round.

Nevermind quality dialogue and cutscenes, I like the cheesy melodrama seen in b movies
Considering you're a fan of Hulk, that's not shocking.

Nevermind intricately rendered environments, I like the little gif characters running in the distance
Yeah, I can't argue with that, but I obviously don't need great graphics as much as you do. For as weak as some of the environments can look, everything else is pretty good.

Nevermind choice.. The games were never about this anyway. I like how shepherd has his own pre determined disposition for the most part
He doesn't. He's different depending on how you respond. And the games have always been about choice. Certain choices determine the fates of certain characters. Having played the trilogy twice, I've seen how the games play out differently.
All in all, not sure if trolling.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:34 pm

TheCinemaJack, that was even more beautifully put. 😢
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:39 pm

If he doesn't like the game NOW, I can't wait to hear his thoughts on the ending, which even I hated. So I just bought Mass Effect 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Teckno wrote:

A little backhanded reply, keep out of this! Its your kinda folk that runined my beloved Mass Effect!! Just GTFO!!!!! ....................WHY TECK ...... WHY?

Sad
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Stoney wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TheCinemaJack, that was even more beautifully put. So I just bought Mass Effect 3 106434

A little backhanded reply, keep out of this! Its your kinda folk that runined my beloved Mass Effect!! Just GTFO!!!!! ....................WHY TECK ...... WHY?

Sad

OT, but I liked you better with your MGS avatar....
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:36 am

^^

Well I preferred when you were !i on the XBR.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:50 am

Stoney wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Sad

Exactly. He just likes 3 because it was on PS3 from day one. He didn't enjoy the 1 coz he's a ps3 faget
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Sad

Exactly. He just likes 3 because it was on PS3 from day one. He didn't enjoy the 1 coz he's a ps3 faget

He hert my mass effect. now it's a pew pew and doo doo. why teckno. why ........

So I just bought Mass Effect 3 Puss-in-boots-o

(For real though, it's a decent action shooter and a mediocre Mass Effect game)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:34 pm

nevR 4get Sad
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:50 pm

lol how did I hurt Mass Effect? I played Mass Effect 1 twice, Mass Effect 2 like 6 times, and Mass Effect 3 like 4 times. By the time I got into the series Mass Effect 3 was months away, It's not like I made them change anything that they weren't already going to do.

And I'm going to be totally honest, the combat and cover system in Mass Effect 1 was complete utter shit. Honestly, I don't understand how people can get past it. And tbh, most of the missions were just migraine inducing. The only good ones I liked were Virmire, Illos, and the Citadel. And those Mako missions, BLAH.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Replay Mass Effect 1. Best of the games. The cover system is shit because the focus is the rpg and open world elements.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:53 pm

The open-world elements of the first game aren't THAT much more impressive. Most of the exploration is done in the Mako which is just awful. I guess the Citadel is more open but that's about it. I don't see how the more complex RPG elements (some of which were pretty lame, like having to earn an ability to AIM YOUR FUCKING WEAPON) excuses the cover system and combat for being so stiff.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

So I just bought Mass Effect 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Only thing I disliked about Mass Effect 1 is how Mako missions usually don't auto-save and you have to start from the beginning, that stupid "Your untrained on this weapon" bullshit. Seriously, I can aim for my pistol and sniper, but I can't aim for my automatic or shotgun? :fuckthat: Also that whole, armor you can and can't wear deal. I think Mass Effect 2 is the best in the series.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Weapons training was bullshit. And getting individual upgrades for guns and gear for your squadmates was too much for me. I liked collecting different pieces of armor, but I wish I didn't have to worry about my squadmates as much as I did. ME2 and ME3 streamlined it much more.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 am

Teckno wrote:
lol how did I hurt Mass Effect? I played Mass Effect 1 twice, Mass Effect 2 like 6 times, and Mass Effect 3 like 4 times. By the time I got into the series Mass Effect 3 was months away, It's not like I made them change anything that they weren't already going to do.

And I'm going to be totally honest, the combat and cover system in Mass Effect 1 was complete utter shit. Honestly, I don't understand how people can get past it. And tbh, most of the missions were just migraine inducing. The only good ones I liked were Virmire, Illos, and the Citadel. And those Mako missions, BLAH.

Mass of Dudebro 3: We fight or we AWESOME SET PIECE. Who needs to have control over Shepard like in ME & ME 2 when the game can do it for you!!! ZOMG!! Now all of my imported Shepards' will act the same. Genius. I lost count the amount of times the game would rip control from you and Shep would just talk and talk and talk without any player input whatsoever. AND DON'T MENTION ACTION, RPG OR STORY MODE. You get two choices when it comes to dialogue, you pick one and then that's it, the game chooses what your Shepard says.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 pm

There may be slightly fewer options for dialogue, but there are the interrupts where are a great addition.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 7:57 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
There may be slightly fewer options for dialogue, but there are the interrupts where are a great addition.

Mass Effect 2 had full dialogue control and interrupts. Seriously, how ME 2 handled the dialogue was fucking immense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I just bought Mass Effect 3   So I just bought Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I just bought Mass Effect 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next