Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS4 to cost £300?

Go down 
+11
Dam_Noir
CleverCatchPhrase
RamboOnRedBull
Stoney
The Enkindler
Orc
ArchAngel
yonny616
Mikenuge
Bluenose
Mecha
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS4 to cost £300? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:15 pm

PS4 to cost £300? Ps4_313

Quote :
Sony is expected to reveal PS4 at its ‘PlayStation Meeting’ event on Wednesday. Leaked documents and sources have claimed that the console will cost £300 at launch.

According to The Times, “leaked internal documents” confirm the price-tag which – if true – mark a significant reduction from the PS3′s original price-tag of £425.

Meanwhile, we’ve got all of the big PS4 rumours compiled into one handy list before the big reveal on Wednesday. Check it out here.

Thanks Gi.biz.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:31 pm

So how much is that in dollars?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:41 pm

thats 599 us dorra
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PS4 to cost £300? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:17 pm

I call B.S. on this rumor. It'll cost 399, 499 max.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:21 pm

They most likely wont make it over $399 after what happened with the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:26 pm

that comes to 465.63 US Dollar

A lot less than 599 US DOLLA
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:04 am

Still too expensive if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PS4 to cost £300? Empty

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 am

Well considering the power house it will be, I think it's a reasonable price. Glad to see the prices are going down on launches as the new generations role by, instead of the the opposite way around.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:47 am

Teckno wrote:
Well considering the power house it will be

It's not going to be a ''powerhouse'' Currently the rumoured specs are just average. The card rumoured is an equivalent to AMD's 7850 give or take which is a midrange card.

I say rumoured because well we don't know what they will be sticking in, they could be putting in something with a lot more power but that will in turn bump up the price tag for the next system or they will be selling at a loss like they did with the trey.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am

Akainu wrote:

Really?? It's a system designed to last you 7-8 years ..... I expect a €350 SKU and €450. 4GB of DDR5 is RAM isn't cheap, or so I've heard. And a 7850 is $250. I can only imagine what Sony's first party can do with that power. Consider the fact that consoles are closed platforms so optimization is key here. The majority of PC games are unoptimized, look at Crysis 3, that game pushes a €1000 Nividia GTX690 to the limits and then some, you can't even put everything on full.

Madness for that price.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 am

Stoney wrote:
Akainu wrote:

Really?? It's a system designed to last you 7-8 years ..... I expect a €350 SKU and €450. 4GB of DDR5 is RAM isn't cheap, or so I've heard. And a 7850 is $250. I can only imagine what Sony's first party can do with that power. Consider the fact that consoles are closed platforms so optimization is key here. The majority of PC games are unoptimized, look at Crysis 3, that game pushes a €1000 Nividia GTX690 to the limits and then some, you can't even put everything on full.

Madness for that price.
I know my first PS3 didn't last 7-8 years.
Just saying.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS4 to cost £300? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 am

Well, I don't buy the system for its power (And I suppose Sheo doesn't, either)

Trying to justify such a price for just its power is silly. If I wanted power I wouldn't have played the PS2 and bought 2 versions of the system, (Original & Slim), along with a 3rd one for my brother. Again, that price would not be justified by its power alone. I mean, just look at the PSV. It's powerfull and all, but still no-one buys it. Why? 'Cause power doesn't justify it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS4 to cost £300? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Trying to justify such a price for just its power is silly. If I wanted power I wouldn't have played the PS2 and bought 2 versions of the system, (Original & Slim), along with a 3rd one for my brother. Again, that price would not be justified by its power alone. I mean, just look at the PSV. It's powerfull and all, but still no-one buys it. Why? 'Cause power doesn't justify it.

So you're buying the Wii U instead then?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 am

You obviously can't comprehend proper English. When did I say I would buy the Wii-U? Again, I said that power, on its own, is not enough to justify a high price. You need some games, extra features and exclusive content that you can't get elsewhere.

Power isn't the way to go for buying a system; And it never has been.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PS4 to cost £300? Empty

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Well obviously. The games and features that come with it are a given. This is Sony we are talking about, they have a great list of AAA developers. Power is a major point on how much a system costs along with other factors as said before.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 am

Teckno wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Well obviously. The games and features that come with it are a given. This is Sony we are talking about, they have a great list of AAA developers. Power is a major point on how much a system costs along with other factors as said before.

Didn't stop Sony from releasing the PS3 at a high price, no killer IPs, inferior interface, poor online system, etc.

Also, I was replying to Stoney for trying to justify a high price to Sheo by stating that it's worth it 'cause of the power alone.

Again, I'm not saying the PS4 won't have those things, I'm just saying that a price point is not justified by the system's power, and shouldn't be used an excuse for it, either.

Last edited by RamboOnRedBull on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:40 am

Akainu wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Akainu wrote:

Madness for that price.
I know my first PS3 didn't last 7-8 years.
Just saying.

My 360 has lasted a good 5 I think. I can't remember when I got it so I don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 am

My 360 lasted 2 weeks until I got my RROD. Though, after the Xbox 360 Slim got out the RROD problems have apparently been fixed? Or so I hear. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Never got slim. They had already sorted out the issue like 2 years later. Just the odd one would break. But they extended warranty to 3 years, and yeah the slim seemed to eliminate the issue completely.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:32 pm

My 360 Slim works like a charm and yesterday it became 2 years old.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
that comes to 465.63 US Dollar

A lot less than 599 US DOLLA

Yeah, that's basically what it's going come to after tax if they sell it for $399
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Mikenuge wrote:
thats 599 us dorra

The current exchange rate has it at $463, but we seem to get slightly shafted with the electronic goods tax over here so $399 - $450 at launch in the U.S. isn't unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Teckno wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Didn't stop Sony from releasing the PS3 at a high price, no killer IPs, inferior interface, poor online system, etc.

Also, I was replying to Stoney for trying to justify a high price to Sheo by stating that it's worth it 'cause of the power alone.

Again, I'm not saying the PS4 won't have those things, I'm just saying that a price point is not justified by the system's power, and shouldn't be used an excuse for it, either.

My bet is that they'll sell the PS4 at a loss for quite some time to avoid the PS3 mistake.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Dam_Noir wrote:
The current exchange rate has it at $463,

:areyoufuckingk

I know how to use a currency exchange converter. I wasn't being serious.

Anways, I do plan on getting the next Playstation. £350 is about the maximum I'm willing to spend.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Teckno wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

The PS3 was so expensive because of the cell processor and blu-ray, do you know how much a decent blu-ray player was back in 2005-2006? Features are why the system is so expensive, GPU, CPU, RAM etc. That was my whole point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS4 to cost £300? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 to cost £300?   PS4 to cost £300? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 to cost £300?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next