Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools

Go down 
+13
Stigma
yonny616
NoelX2
Archduke
Pickles1337
Franko
ArchAngel
Stoney
The_Biotic_God
Ihsahn
Bluenose
Angelus
igame
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Quote :
CNN Money recently sat down with Sony PlayStation CEO Jack Tretton to discuss the success of Sony's PlayStation 3, its struggles with pricing, and being in third place behind the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. It would seem the console wars are very much alive, not only with heated fanboy debates but with the guys at the very top of the organizations as Tretton talked some trash about his competitors' consoles.

"They're (Xbox 360 and Wii) starting to run out of steam now in terms of continuing to be relevant in 2011 and beyond," Tretton told CNN Money. "I mean, you've gotta be kidding me. Why would I buy a gaming system without a hard drive in it? How does this thing scale? Motion gaming is cute, but if I can only wave my arms six inches, how does this really feel like I'm doing true accurate motion gaming?"

This is an odd statement since Sony PlayStation launched their own motion gaming controls with the PlayStation Move last year. As far as technology, Tretton repeated his mantra that the PlayStation "just hitting its stride." Sony has, indeed, been closing the gap with Microsoft's Xbox 360, though it's still only sold less than half the number of Wiis Nintendo has moved.

Speaking of Nintendo, Tretton had some very choice words when speaking about the Nintendo DS, the portable console that has always dominated Sony's PSP.

"Our view of the 'Game Boy experience' is that it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those," he says. "He's too old for that."

What do you think? Is Tretton stepping over the line or does he have the facts and the sales to back up his bold claims? Is there such a thing as too old to play the Nintendo DS?

PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools 0_bmp21

Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Just lost all respect for him.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Wii and DS are more over-priced novelties than anything else. Just gained a ton of respect for him.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:48 pm

The only redeeming factor about the Wii for me is the games. There's just too much damn shovelware though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
Wii and DS are more over-priced novelties than anything else. Just gained a ton of respect for him.
So you respect a CEO of a multibillion company that acts like a little kid on youtube? He needs to stay profesional no matter how strong the compitition is.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Angelus the Revenant wrote:
So you respect a CEO of a multibillion company that acts like a little kid on youtube? He needs to stay profesional no matter how strong the compitition is.

Honesty doesn't make one unprofessional.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:32 pm

His response is a double edged sword to me. Yes being honest is better than canned, generic responses, but it's no excuse for being a complete asshole. I want to applaud him but I also want to punch him in the face.

Still, I didn't expect any different. Sony's marketing has been pretty aggressive.

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Well, if you consider the fact that the Wii is a shit console his words are pretty sound.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Jack Tretton speaks the truth.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:10 pm

I lost all respect for him.My "20-something" brother still plays and enjoys his DS so that means he has no respect for himself?Isnt that a bit uncalled for?

Its funny how he says "ps3 is just hitting its stride" when PS3 has been over 4 years into development.Thats kind of sad.

Not to mention Nintendo have been taking sony to school with their sales.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Hes got balls. i like balls.

(who names that reference gets a cookie)
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm sure you like balls, Franko.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Zeratul wrote:

Sales are irrelevant. The only reason the wii has more sales is cause it's cheap, and parents think it'll make their kids do exercise.

P.S. Tell your brother he has bad taste in games for me, eh I love you
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Franko wrote:

Team America.

Also Sony mad.

DS is boss.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:13 am

I applaud Trentton. He's got balls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:29 am

Franko wrote:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:00 am

Zeratul wrote:
Not to mention Sony has been practically wiping the floor with Nintendo in quality exclusives this generation.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:41 am

yonny616 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Not to mention Sony has been practically wiping the floor with Nintendo in quality exclusives this generation.

As far as PS3 and Wii go, yes. But the PSP isn't anywhere near the DS when it comes to exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:44 am

yonny616 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
And yet the CEO's of nintendo are swiming in a pile of money getting blow jobs of sexxy asians while laughing at how sony get mad and butthurt because they didn't use motion controllers first. I love you

Nintendo= :king:
Sony= :alone:
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
And yet the CEO's of nintendo are swiming in a pile of money getting blow jobs of sexxy asians while laughing at how sony get mad and butthurt because they didn't use motion controllers first. I love you

Don't you mean "Ocean"? Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:46 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:

I applaud Trentton. He's got balls.

If it was a Microsoft PR I bet all the whos in whoville will be going boohoohoo.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:56 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Franko wrote:

wrong

Pickles is right
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:16 pm

I agree... No need for him to say it though. Could've possibly just said Nintendo is for a younger demographic is all...

They've always been that way though. No need to hate now that they're cleaning up instead of you. It was all good when the PS2 was king, right?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:55 pm

He is a genius IMO. This has received a lot of attention, and influences a lot of people. This is brilliant free advertising for Sony, and something for Nintendo users to be embarrassed about.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Yes, asians are indeed hot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools   PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PlayStation CEO Thinks Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Tools
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next