Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?

Go down 
+4
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Mr Canai Spy
yonny616
8 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? Empty
PostSubject: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Sony's PS3 is their 3rd console and went from being first to last. Now with the recent news that PS3 has passed Xbox 360 into 2nd place earning a silver medal, does this mean they ended up breaking the curse or not?
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:57 am

No because they still lost a shit load of money but it became a massive lesson for Sony.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am

I honestly wouldn't call 2nd place a breaking of the curse when Microsoft has made vastly more profit while Sony is drowning in loss. But i do hope that Sony's future will get better because the playstation and their IP's are really great so it would be a shame to lose them.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:03 am

We cannot know wether SONY learned their lesson or not.
This will be shown in the way they will market the PS4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 pm

I'd hardly call just having one bad generation a curse. And if the rumours are correct, then they won't even be 3rd place in this generation either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Not really. Sony is still last in sales this gen and lost a fuckton of money with the PS3. Sony got cocky early (E3 2006, lol. 599 US DOLLARS, etc.) and that came back to bite them in the ass. Plus, PS3 didn't really have any games worth playing for about a year into its life. They also lost a lot of IP's, which went multiplatform or to a new company. Thankfully, Sony has been releasing great games on PlayStation 3 for many years now, so I don't really care. It still has free online play, and the best games and exclusives out of all three consoles. I just hope they can get a good profit next gen so Sony doesn't go out of business, (or leave the console wars).

PS3>everything this gen, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:36 pm

I thought it already outsold 360.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:23 am

It didn't outsell it, it simply passed it on 'Shipped', meaning that stores have more PS3s than 360s.

Last edited by Akainu on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:32 am

Ahhh okay, okay.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:28 pm

PC MASTER RACE!
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm

They haven't broken the curse but they may have broken MLD's heart.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Nope. They really fucked up this gen and continue to. It'd be funny if I didn't love a good chunk of their IPs. And when I think of the Vita, all I hear is this song in my head:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?   Did Sony break the 3rd console curse? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Sony break the 3rd console curse?
Page 1 of 1