Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This shit? AGAIN?

Go down 
+5
Orc
Stigma
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:34 am

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/85328/team-meat-felt-taken-advantage-of-by-microsoft/

DEVELOPERS

WHY U ALL HATE MICROSOFT.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Every game has deadlines. Like I said on the chatbox, Team Meat has been spoiled by the luxury of being an Indie dev.

Quote :
The game launched alongside Costume Quest in the end, and did not garner strong support from Microsoft, which led Team Meat to feel "confused" and "taken advantage of".

They are just pissed that MS isn't supporting their other games and now are pulling this stunt in order to get more attention and shift the blame for any problems in their games to MS. It's a prick PR move and anyone that takes it seriously isn't reading very carefully.

Besides, if you haven't noticed. Delayed games/extra development time don't always improve the quality of said game. Most games that have 4-6+ years of dev time still end up with a bunch of bugs and problems with the actual quality. KZ2 anyone (various AI problems, control latency, etc) ? GT5 anyone (Quality difference between car models, various bugs, etc) ? Alan Wake anyone (Lip syncing issues, performance issues, etc)? Though they all are great games, they had a fair share of technical problems. In fact, the massive delays for these games ended up hurting them reception wise.

EDIT:

http://www.destructoid.com/no-super-meat-boy-on-ps3-and-you-can-blame-sony-187645.phtml

Quote :
We can't EVER do a PS3 version of Super Meat Boy because when we were going into negotiations with publishers, Sony was the only one that didn't express much interest in the game. We assumed this meant they didn't want the game, and [we] decided to sign with Nintendo and Microsoft.

It was NEVER an exclusivity deal after all. SMB was always meant to be released on the PS3 but Sony didn't show much interest in it.

Last edited by Sovereign Alan on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:32 pm

You can get SMB for cheap on Steam.

SMB was also supposed to be on Wiiware, but it was too big.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Wow so for once MS got a console exclusive without actually paying a dime for it:P

If the game does become very popular then Sony will probably want it on their platform. I don't think SMB will stay exclusive to XBL/Steam forever.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Yeah I saw this on Kotaku. Everyone in the comment section stood up for Microsoft, I was impressed.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:18 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Wow so for once MS got a console exclusive without actually paying a dime for it:P

If the game does become very popular then Sony will probably want it on their platform. I don't think SMB will stay exclusive to XBL/Steam forever.

The game already IS super popular.... It has been for a while.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:20 pm

TheUltimateDouche wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:

Hmmm, that doesn't seem to make sense as to why Sony wouldn't want it on their system. Something is missing here.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
TheUltimateDouche wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:

Hmmm, that doesn't seem to make sense as to why Sony wouldn't want it on their system. Something is missing here.

Because when Sony said no, the game didn't have the same popularity. It was after.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 5:47 am

lol Rare, Valve, now the super meat boy people.

Who else has MS pissed off? XD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:09 am

Lykos wrote:

Microsoft pissed of rare? I'd actually think it would be otherwise since rare made microsoft lose a shitload of money. O_o
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

This shit? AGAIN? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:07 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Microsoft pissed of rare? I'd actually think it would be otherwise since rare made microsoft lose a shitload of money. O_o
How? Rare pretty much does what Microsoft wants now.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:17 pm

TRF wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:

How? Rare pretty much does what Microsoft wants now.
RARE is fine with Microsoft.....its just that the games they made for 360 makes us mad because ITS NOT THE GAMES WE WANT!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:

I read somewhere they had their differences in the past so-to-speak.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Meh...super meat boy sucked anyways.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
Meh...super meat boy sucked anyways.
You just suck at it.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:46 pm

I beat the first two levels and got bored.

Felt like a flash game.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:

Felt like a flash game.
Well it was initially a flash game (or the sequel to one, rather).
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:

Felt like a flash game.
Ummmmmmm....play the later levels. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:45 am

Who doesn't MS piss off? Seriously.

Super Meat Boy is legit. Sadistically legit.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:56 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Who doesn't MS piss off? Seriously.

Super Meat Boy is legit. Sadistically legit.
Bungie
Epic games
Remedy
turn 10
343 industries
crytek
twisted pixel
ruffian games
robot entertainment
gas powered games

Just to name a few that had a good relationship with microsoft and didn't got pissed off by them. :troll:
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:51 am

Most of those companies either have deals with them or are owned by MS.

How could you talk shit about someone that owns you publically?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:12 pm

I reiterate. Sony doesn't even give a shit about SMB enough to give Team Meat the opportunity to release it on the PS3.

All this talk about how MS has bad relations with 3rd party developers, despite the fact that they have the most 3rd party support this gen, is laughable.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 pm

TheUltimateDouche wrote:

I thought he just meant companies that didn't got pissed off by microsoft that worked with them. otherwise i can also name a few. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
TheUltimateDouche wrote:

I thought he just meant companies that didn't got pissed off by microsoft that worked with them. otherwise i can also name a few. Razz
So why don't you, then?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

This shit? AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This shit? AGAIN?   This shit? AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:50 pm

TRF wrote:
So why don't you, then?
Pretty easy:
activision
atari
bethesda
bioware
gearbox
EA
take two interactive
square enix
capcom