Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games that showcase the 3D capabilities

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Games that showcase the 3D capabilities Empty
PostSubject: Games that showcase the 3D capabilities   Games that showcase the 3D capabilities I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 am

LEGO LORD OF THE RINGS
Games that showcase the 3D capabilities Screen13

I'm not going to pretend the game is that good, but downloading the demo is definitely worth it... just for the load screen. The load screen involves a very detailed and shiny one-ring spinning on its axis. With 3D turned on, this ring is genuinely spinning outside of the screen. You can put your fucking finger through it and everything. It's incredible. It's something that truly shows the quality of the 3D. Otherwise the isometric view the lego games take work well with 3D as it provides the illusion of playing with real lego.... kind of. I'd choose real lego over this game anyday.

SUPER MARIO LAND 3D
Games that showcase the 3D capabilities Super-12

It's a platformer. And not just a side-scroller but a pretty dynamic platformer. 3D for this game is practically essential. For certain jumps and avoiding traps and pit falls and such, the 3D actually provides a realistic sense of depth and so you can be more accurate and actually play the game the way it's meant to be played, not get screwed just because you can't tell the distance with some traps.

MGS SNAKE EATER 3D
Games that showcase the 3D capabilities Mgssna10

Playing Snake Eater with 3D on truly is a joy. Although you are effectively playing a PS2 game, that 3D effect can make all the difference for providing immersion and making the whole experience more gripping. When sneaking through the tall grass and past trees in 3D, you feel like you are walking alongside Snake. As you edge closer towards your prey you feel much more immersed in the experience. Everytime you crawl through subterranean tunnels you actually feel the claustrophobic rocky walls pass by your head. You are no longer controlling Snake.. but are becoming one with him.

LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME 3D
Games that showcase the 3D capabilities Zelda_10

Millions grew up playing this game and I'm certain many of them felt as if they were a part of Hyrule. Some may have felt a close connection to Link and had dreams every night of being in that world. The remake for 3DS only enriches that experience, through wonderful graphical improvements and the stunning 3D effect that stops the screen from being a barrier and lets you see Link and his world as if they are actually right there in the room with you.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Games that showcase the 3D capabilities 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Games that showcase the 3D capabilities   Games that showcase the 3D capabilities I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Mario Kart 7 gives some pretty good 3D
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Games that showcase the 3D capabilities   Games that showcase the 3D capabilities I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:11 am

Chobo wrote:
Mario Kart 7 gives some pretty good 3D

It certainly does. That being said I feel that it's one of those games where after a while the 3D loses its impact, because there aren't many things that fly or go that near the screen.

That's just me though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games that showcase the 3D capabilities   Games that showcase the 3D capabilities I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games that showcase the 3D capabilities
Page 1 of 1