Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system

Go down 
+10
Bluenose
RamboOnRedBull
Franko
ArchAngel
2Sugoi2Die
NoelX2
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Chobo
Orc
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Empty
PostSubject: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:32 pm

LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME

It cannot be denied that this is widely considered to be the best game of all time, and it sadly stayed on the N64, aside from a sloppy Gamecube and Wii port with no improvements, therefore preventing so many people to have the chance to experience this incredible game.
After years and years, finally the game gets tightened up, improved and perfected for the 3DS. That must mean something special.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system The-le10

METAL GEAR SOLID: SNAKE EATER

Perhaps this is entirely null, because Vita has the Metal Gear Solid collection but bear with me. Snake Eater, like OOT, is considered the best game in its franchise, and rather than let the great game die along with PS2 they let its legacy live on by bringing it to 3DS. It must be noticed that the 3DS' touch screen truly improves the interface and allows quick access to items and weapons. On top of this, while the Vita MGS' are effectively just remastered ports, this game on 3DS was a remake and featured some elements that improved the experience. Although it's subjective which is better, I find that the control scheme and interface (as well as the 3D feature) alone make this worth buying over the Vita version.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Metal-10

RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS

Resident Evil games truly took a turn for the worst after the first few. The series truly hit rock bottom with Resident Evil 5 that reduced the game style to effectively an uninspired action game. Then the devs didn't learn and threw out another equally bad game on the systems. But in between these two games, 3DS received a brand new game of the series. And this game, Revelations, is known to be the game that brings back the aspects that everyone loves about Resident Evil. It has tension again, it is scary again, it is slower and more intimate once again.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system 111

MARIOKART 7

Now, this comes entirely down to opinion, but as a person who has played the entire Mariokart franchise extensively, every game on every console, I firmly believe that Mariokart 7 is the best so far.
The reason being is they cut loose all the unnecessary slack that was shoved in it for no benefit, and they added elements that truly mix up and improve the formula. And regardless of your view on the game, it cannot be denied that it is the most ambitious game in the series thus far by taking the game to new heights...and depths.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Mario_10

KID ICARUS: UPRISING

With only two entries in the series, the last one being on the Game Boy in 1991, Kid Icarus seemed long dead.... until 3DS came along. Uprising brought the core elements of the old games back but into the 3rd dimension and with fantastic multiplayer. Considering it had been about 20 years since the last game, it bodes well for the 3DS that it is the console the company exclusively chose to reboot the series to.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Kid20i10

SUPER MARIO 3D LAND

Do you remember Super Mario 64? That gave the Mario series a new spin, with wonderful 3D. Last generation, DS was lucky to receive a solid port of that classic, but sadly it was not critically regarded as highly as the original. Nintendo didn't give up however. They went back to the old drawing board and brought out this masterpiece that is considered by some critics to be one of the best platformers ever.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Super-10

CAVE STORY 3D

For the last 8 years gamers have been raving about Cave Story and how it is one of the best 2D platformers ever made. However, the game only ever made it to PC, Wii and DSi. Xbox's and Playstations never got this game. On top of that, 3DS received not only a port of the game itself, it also gained an exclusive improved remake under the name of Cave Story 3D, which now has an average rating of 93%.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Cave-s11

MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE & 4

Perhaps this is not a 3DS exclusive victory, but rather a victory for Nintendo in general. Monster Hunter was effectively known as a PSP franchise, boasting 3 MH games, and being the best selling games on the system. However the tables have turned and it seems that not only are there no Monster Hunter games in the pipeline for Sony, but there are not one but TWO Monster Hunter games coming to 3DS.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Mh3ult10

LUIGI'S MANSION 2: DARK MOON

You may not know it, but Luigi's Mansion has been a major and influentional title for Nintendo. The original game released on the gamecube was the 5th best selling game on the system. And it was so well received that Nintendo helped the legacy live on through making characters from the game reappear in other games such as Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Party. And Luigi's Mansion has appeared as both a stage and a racetrack on 9 other games.
Finally, 2 Nintendo consoles and 12 years later, Luigi's Mansion is returning with a brand new sequel on the 3DS.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Luigis11

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IV

Sony systems have for long been kings for RPG's, at least Jrpgs. with the majority of Final Fantasy and Shin Megami Tensei games being featured on them. And it is a shame that 3DS did not get a slice of the awesomeness that is the Persona 4 remake for Vita. However it seems the 3DS got the upper hand after all, with the much anticipated 4th main entry in the Shin Megami Tensei series being a 3DS exclusive!
How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Shin-m10

POKEMON X & Y

If you claim you never wanted a 3D Pokemon game, you are a liar. A 3D pokemon game with the gameplay of the handheld games must have been demanded more than people's money back at Vita's launch. There has never been a 3D pokemon game with an open world, and finally it is coming! It has to be one of the most anticipated titles along with Gta V. Except I know which I am more excited for.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Pokemo12

MARIO & LUIGI RPG

So, we've not seen a Mario role-playing-game since the good old snes days, in fact it has been about 17 years yet recently Nintendo gave us the wonderful news, that there is to be a new one focusing on both Mario & Luigi, and coming exclusively to 3DS. It is a shock they never released one on N64, Gameboy, Gamecube, Wii or DS or even the WiiU but here they are bringing the experience to our wonderful 3D system. It's clear which system Microsoft have faith in.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Screen12

DIGIMON: RE DIGITIZE

Although Nintendo systems always boasted the Pokemon games, which Sony sorely lacked, the PSP happened to get a few Digimon games which were more ambitious than the handheld iterations of Pokemon, going for the 3D open world look which X&Y is boasting. Well, if 3DS having Pokemon isn't enough of a nail in the coffin for Vita, in an unusual turn of events, the Digimon: Re Digitize game for PSP is heading to 3DS instead of Vita. Looks like 3DS gamers will get the best of both worlds. Let's just hope it is localized.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system 13610210

FIRE EMBLEM: AWAKENING

I won't pretend to know much about the game series but it is undeniable it has impacted the industry, and many gamers have fallen in love with it. And the games have always been highly regarded by critics, usually getting ratings in the high 80's (%). Somehow, it seems the 3DS version is the best Fire Emblem game ever made. The critic rating sits at a comfortable 92, the first time a FE game has ever hit the 90's, and its 11 points higher than the last game in the series. Yet again, the 3DS prevails.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Fire-e10

ETRIAN ODYSSEY

Yet again, the 3DS seems to be the system developers love developing for. Although the Etrian Odyssey are not as high profile as series like Fire Emblem, they have their respective audience, and they were a hit on the Nintendo DS. Each game got good ratings, the series peaked with its second iteration receiving an average critic rating of 82, but it declined a little with 3 receiving 77. Suddenly the fourth game appears on the 3DS and gets the highest rating of the series thus far; a whopping 87.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Large10

LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER

All though open world lego games are nothing new, so far they have all stayed on the consoles and handhelds always get stripped down, much more linear versions. Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins is to be the first ever open world lego game on a handheld and it is coming out exclusively on 3DS. So this is pretty big.
Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Lego-c10

Last edited by Sawed-Off_Orc on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:36 pm

Have Mario Kart,

Will be getting Mario 3D Land and Paper Mario.

Possibly get OOT and Uprising later down the line

Not interest in RE or MG, so those get a pass.

Can't wait for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:37 pm

By your logic, Batman: Arkham City is better on Wii-U.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Mecha wrote:
By your logic, Batman: Arkham City is better on Wii-U.

Why?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:05 pm

You can get Ocarina of Time on the Virtual Console of the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:09 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Oh my bad. Still it goes hand in hand with the Gamecube version. A straight up port.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:13 pm

arent all systems speshul in their own way?

❤
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:23 pm

shigdig wrote:
arent all systems speshul in their own way?

❤

:stare:
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Lol Kid Icarus. I honestly don't think it's anything special. Just my opinion, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:04 pm

also

>featured some elements that improved the experience and made it feel much newer.

how would you know, if you didnt play the original or the PS3/xbaux/vita versions?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm

shigdig wrote:
also

>featured some elements that improved the experience and made it feel much newer.

how would you know, if you didnt play the original or the PS3/xbaux/vita versions?

Exactly! lol
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Oh my bad. Still it goes hand in hand with the Gamecube version. A straight up port.
Yes but isn't the 3DS version just the Master Quest edition of the game with polished graphics and 3D slapped on?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:40 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Yes but isn't the 3DS version just the Master Quest edition of the game with polished graphics and 3D slapped on?
It has the original and Master Quest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:10 pm

MGS3D just looks bad.

you have to look at another screen every time you want some information.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Mgs3D_thumb

i rather have all my information on my beautiful 5" OLED screen. so i can be able to switch my weapons without dis-acquiring my target

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system 0

top vita, bottom 3ds
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:34 am

NoelX2 wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

So it's not just ONE straight-up port. It's TWO straight-up ports. Several reasons why 3DS is a special system 725796345
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:42 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

So it's not just ONE straight-up port. It's TWO straight-up ports. Several reasons why 3DS is a special system 725796345
There are some general fixes and changes to the game.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:03 am

shigdig wrote:
also

I owned Twin Snakes and I played MGS Snake Eater for a short time on my friends console. I can definitely spot improvements. And I own Peace Walker and noticed they incorporated the smooth gameplay from that in the 3DS version. Oh and the internet is full of comparisons and details the improvements, and they actually remade the 3DS game rather than slap a port to it.

shigdig wrote:
MGS3D just looks bad.

you have to look at another screen every time you want some information.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Mgs3D_thumb

i rather have all my information on my beautiful 5" OLED screen. so i can be able to switch my weapons without dis-acquiring my target

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system 0

top vita, bottom 3ds

You're alone here then, because the vast majority of critics and gamers that have discussed the two games have stated that the 3DS version has a superior control system because of the split screen (even the analog stick for Vita has been seen as too sensitive and problematic for this particular game). MGS is a cinematic game, and having an interface in front of the screen can spoil that a bit. With 3DS, the main screen has no GUI at all. And as for dis-acquiring your target... you do realize the touch screen is optional? Weapon changing is assigned to the directional buttons.

TheCinemaJack wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

It was built for 3D and like with Super Mario, the 3D is integral to progressing through the game with more ease, as it adds a better sense of depth in platforming elements and it definitely enhances the experience of exploring Hyrule with 3D switched on.

The graphics aspect is important for this game. Every interior location was previously mostly pre-rendered. They have made them now fully polygonal, they've added a lot of little details to add a bit more life and realism in a sense to the world (they might as well have made the game from scratch because there's not a single thing untouched graphically). Even though my experience with OOT on n64 was limited, even I noticed a number of changes, details and decals.

The touch screen eliminates the pain of having to equip items like the Ocarina, now you can simply tap the touch screen to get the ocarina up at any time.

The gyroscope feature may or may not be to your tastes but I found myself using it more often than not, and I usually hate gimmicky things but it works well for this game.

They also improved some of the dungeons' navigation to make them less impossible (one major complaint towards the game was the complexity of the water temple, so now there are colourful pathways as a point in the right direction).

They even added in an in-game super guide feature to help out players that are stuck or don't fully understand some game aspects.

They also completely redesigned locations like the ruined castle town so different businesses/shops are easier to identify.

The camera movement has been altered, like where in-game there used to be static shots, there are now moving shots.

Many glitches and bugs have been completely eliminated (like jumping off the elevator in forest temple, which prevents the games completion).

Navi's dialogue has been improved on areas to prompt you into the right direction. Aside from sound/voice files being improved in quality, some have been completely remade, predominantly Ganondorf's voice.

The animation for every character has been improved, made more fluid and a bit more exaggerated (some have pointed out that Link's combat in this game looks identicle to that in Twilight Princess).

Shadowing has been vastly improved. This goes without saying, but it is important when it comes to the wallmasters who when they fall onto you, you lose all your progress and are taken back to the beginning of the temple/dungeon.

There are also little easter eggs, like in the original but new ones.

The framerate is now a steady 30FPS instead of the 15 or less on the N64 original. Some of the actual text has been improved, such as inaccurate grammar ("I entreat thee" instead of "I entreat ye").

And lastly, here's a comparison of the graphics. The difference is like night and day. http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/21/lets-compare-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-n64-and-3ds/

NOTE: This is your second and final warning, stop double posting! ~Akainu
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:47 pm

PS Vita is better
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 pm

3D is a total gimmick
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Zeratul wrote:
PS Vita is better

Franko wrote:
3D is a total gimmick

Oh gee, these comments are filled with logic, reasoning and carefully picked arguments. I don't think I am able to respond.

Owait, I can.

Many initially called this touch screen feature a gimmick
Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Ninten10

Only later did people begin to say, you know what, this actually enhances the gameplay for games such as first person shooters in which it almost perfectly replicates the keyboard & mouse style control scheme, but on a handheld.

Surely graphics are a gimmick though. Since there's no actual improvement in the substance and actual game itself and in fact, a game can be reduced in quality as result of improved graphics.

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Grand-10Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Niko-g10

Whereas 3D is known to have improved depth on some games and aid people in completing difficult sections of some games
Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Super-11

It's called an enhancement. Not a gimmick, Franko. If you think 3D is a gimmick, why don't you have your PC games on the lowest graphics settings? Because graphics are a gimmick, they don't add any real quality.

And Zeratul.... where is the basis of your argument? This entire thread explains why 3DS is awesome. You haven't got a single game on the Vita that's nearly as high profile as Ocarina of Time or of even half it's importance. Vita is almost a train wreck. It only ever got its first 90+ rated game a month ago. And even then 3DS has 4.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Well, I personally prefer the PSV as its games suit me more, and comes with a second-analogue stick. Which, you can deny all you want, but it actually enhances the gameplay itself, and makes it feel much smoother as well.

Plus, the idea of 3D doesn't seem that interesting to me. It might be good, though. I haven't tried. Though, it also seems to be the only selling point for the 3DS.

And you comparing that the PSV has only one 90+ game on MC is really silly, since the 3DS has a year lead over the PSV. Don't forget how shitty the 3DS' library was just mere months ago.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:47 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
It was built for 3D and like with Super Mario, the 3D is integral to progressing through the game with more ease, as it adds a better sense of depth in platforming elements and it definitely enhances the experience of exploring Hyrule with 3D switched on.

The graphics aspect is important for this game. Every interior location was previously mostly pre-rendered. They have made them now fully polygonal, they've added a lot of little details to add a bit more life and realism in a sense to the world (they might as well have made the game from scratch because there's not a single thing untouched graphically). Even though my experience with OOT on n64 was limited, even I noticed a number of changes, details and decals.

The touch screen eliminates the pain of having to equip items like the Ocarina, now you can simply tap the touch screen to get the ocarina up at any time.

The gyroscope feature may or may not be to your tastes but I found myself using it more often than not, and I usually hate gimmicky things but it works well for this game.

They also improved some of the dungeons' navigation to make them less impossible (one major complaint towards the game was the complexity of the water temple, so now there are colourful pathways as a point in the right direction).

They even added in an in-game super guide feature to help out players that are stuck or don't fully understand some game aspects.

They also completely redesigned locations like the ruined castle town so different businesses/shops are easier to identify.

The camera movement has been altered, like where in-game there used to be static shots, there are now moving shots.

Many glitches and bugs have been completely eliminated (like jumping off the elevator in forest temple, which prevents the games completion).

Navi's dialogue has been improved on areas to prompt you into the right direction. Aside from sound/voice files being improved in quality, some have been completely remade, predominantly Ganondorf's voice.

The animation for every character has been improved, made more fluid and a bit more exaggerated (some have pointed out that Link's combat in this game looks identicle to that in Twilight Princess).

Shadowing has been vastly improved. This goes without saying, but it is important when it comes to the wallmasters who when they fall onto you, you lose all your progress and are taken back to the beginning of the temple/dungeon.

There are also little easter eggs, like in the original but new ones.

The framerate is now a steady 30FPS instead of the 15 or less on the N64 original. Some of the actual text has been improved, such as inaccurate grammar ("I entreat thee" instead of "I entreat ye").

And lastly, here's a comparison of the graphics. The difference is like night and day. http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/21/lets-compare-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-n64-and-3ds/

Seems like just visual upgrades minus the gyroscope and touch screen.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:28 pm

I always felt the touch screen inhibited you to play FPS properly. My finger and stylus would always block the screen, never understood why people liked it better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Touch screens make shooters unplayable.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 pm

I have a 3DS, although I am not interested in any of these games.

If you haven't played Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, you need to right now. It's the best game of 2012, on any system. Although I recommend playing it's predecessor 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors first. Zero Escape is also on the Vita, but the control scheme is far superior on the 3DS. Both are adventure games, dark, and funny. I think you would like them Lykos.

I rented Tales of the Abyss from gamefly, it's okay so far. I have Mario 3D Land but have barely touched. I can't wait for Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers and SMT IV to come out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Several reasons why 3DS is a special system   Several reasons why 3DS is a special system I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Several reasons why 3DS is a special system
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next