Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread

Go down 
+5
yonny616
Based Sonji
Archduke
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who should be Marvel's official mascot?
Ant-Man
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_lcap10%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Captain America
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_lcap0%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Daredevil
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_lcap0%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Deadpool
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_lcap10%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Hulk
 0% [ 0 ]
Iron Man
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_lcap20%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Silver Surfer
 0% [ 0 ]
Spider-Man
TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_lcap60%TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
Thor
 0% [ 0 ]
Wolverine
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread Empty
PostSubject: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:17 pm

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread 83853_10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Spider-Man or Deadpool.

I would say Spider-Man since he's more known to the mainstream, though.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Spidey
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Coolest is Deadpool imo, but for a mascot you want to go with a character who is instantly recognizable and lovable. That is Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:20 pm

The only ones who deserve to legitimately be on that list are Spider-man, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and Wolverine. I like to think it's between Cap and Spidey. Mech seriously? Ant-Man?. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Just because Ant-Man didn't appear in The Avengers movie, doesn't mean he isn't just as important as the rest of the members. It's kinda like how J. Jonah Jameson didn't appear in The Amazing Spider-Man, yet we all know how important he is.

Ant-Man is the second most intelligent superhero in the Marvel universe, next to Mr. Fantastic. He deserves a mention.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
Just because Ant-Man didn't appear in The Avengers movie, doesn't mean he isn't just as important as the rest of the members. It's kinda like how J. Jonah Jameson didn't appear in The Amazing Spider-Man, yet we all know how important he is.

Ant-Man is the second most intelligent superhero in the Marvel universe, next to Mr. Fantastic. He deserves a mention.

He can't be a mascot because no one knows who he is.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Spider-Man.

Ant-Man is a definite no. No one cares.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:46 pm

No one gave a shit about Iron Man before his first film came out, yet look how popular he is now. I'm sure with Joss Whedon and Edgar Wright involved with the character, Ant-Man's popularity will skyrocket.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
No one gave a shit about Iron Man before his first film came out, yet look how popular he is now. I'm sure with Joss Whedon and Edgar Wright involved with the character, Ant-Man's popularity will skyrocket.
No, Iron Man was still big beforehand. He was in both Ultimate Avengers movies and had his own cartoon in the 1990s. Jon Favreau's film only made him MORE famous.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Ant-Man was in Ultimate Avengers as well. In fact, Ant-Man knocked out Iron Man's ass in that movie.

Despite the fact that Iron Man had his own cartoons, he still wasn't that popular before. He was always considered a B-rated Marvel rip-off of Batman. It wasn't until the film where everyone ate their own words.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Mecha wrote:
Ant-Man was in Ultimate Avengers as well. In fact, Ant-Man knocked out Iron Man's ass in that movie.

Despite the fact that Iron Man had his own cartoons, he still wasn't that popular before. He was always considered a B-rated Marvel rip-off of Batman. It wasn't until the film where everyone ate their own words.

Pretty sure most people knew who Iron Man was, even before the film.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:25 pm

lol yeah, Iron Man was a big superhero before the movie. Mecha just hasn't left the house in ages.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:30 pm

I hope Ant-Man gets squished by an over 9000 pound obese black man's fungus infected foot.

I think Wolverine or Spiderman might be Marvel's mascots. Maybe even Hulk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Bruce Campbell is also big, doesn't mean he is an A-list star though. Point is, a lot of people probably did knew Iron Man before the film. That doesn't mean he was a very successful character though.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
Bruce Campbell is also big, doesn't mean he is an A-list star though. Point is, a lot of people probably did knew Iron Man before the film. That doesn't mean he was a very successful character though.
Bruce Campbell isn't big. Only in the cult scene. I guess he got sort of big in the mainstream after he joined Burn Notice. Iron Man was BIG big. A Saturday morning cartoon on a major network is not too shabby. Suck a fat testicle.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:11 pm

:lolguy:

The 90's Iron Man cartoon wasn't very successful at all. It got bad reviews and was cancelled immediately.

It's okay Jack, we all can't be right all the time.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:14 pm

It wasn't cancelled immediately. It ran for two seasons and had crossovers with both the Hulk series and the Spider-Man series. And whether or not it was well-received is irrelevant. Kids eat that shit up regardless.

We can't be right all the time but I'd like to see you be right just once. TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Spider-Man: The Animated Series
No. of seasons 5
No. of episodes 65

X-Men: The Animated Series
No. of seasons 5
No. of episodes 76

Iron Man: The Animated Series
No. of seasons 2
No. of episodes 26

Like I said, not very successful. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Compared to the other ones, no. But two seasons proves that people did watch it and that Iron Man was considered big enough to even have a show on a major network.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 8:09 pm

By that logic, Valkyria Chronicles is a very big franchise as well, since enough people watched it.

26 episodes isn't shit. Valkyria Chronicles the anime has the same amount, yet it still hasn't been released here in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Doesn't matter if he was successful or not. Plenty of people know him. All that matters in the mascot scene.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Point is, Ant-Man's popularity can increase similar to what happen with Iron Man. Hell, Deadpool comics probably sell way more than Iron Man does, and he doesn't even have his own movie yet.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:08 am

Mecha wrote:
By that logic, Valkyria Chronicles is a very big franchise as well, since enough people watched it.

26 episodes isn't shit. Valkyria Chronicles the anime has the same amount, yet it still hasn't been released here in the U.S.
Okay, but the Iron Man cartoon was on a major network. So even if it didn't do great, there had to be enough of a brand recognition there or else Fox execs would not have given it the green light. Its existence on such a popular network is proof enough that people knew who Iron Man was fairly well. You don't see Scarlet Witch getting her own cartoon. Why? 'Cuz no one knows who she is. It'd be economically wasteful.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:30 am

No, Scarlet Witch was originally an Iron Man villain who later became an Avenger. Same goes for Hawkeye as well. That's why those two are never treated as important as the rest of the superheroes.

It's odd that Ant-Man doesn't get much attention as the rest of the members, since he's responsible for a lot of the shit that goes on in the comics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread   TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TheCinemaJack and Mecha Bitch At Each Other Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next