Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen

Go down 
+8
Jack the Spectre
Angelus
RamboOnRedBull
Orc
JayMoore
Archduke
Stoney
yonny616
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 4:35 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Well, then the show uses lines it didn't invent to look more clever, despite those lines being mundane, in the first place. 

No matter how you spin it, the show tries hard at sounding intellectual when it's actually being quite common.

lol, no it doesn't. You guys are just nitpicking. The show can't help itself if it's based on a intellectual property. They use lines from the books and movies as fun nods for fans of the original source material to notice.

It's one thing to use lines for nods, it's another to use 4 pretentious lines in under two minutes to seem clever when it's just mundane.

Yeah, but in this case, the scene is a nod to Crawford and Bloom discussing Graham's pathology in the book Red Dragon.

If the scene was a nod, then there'd be no reason to use 4 lines in a row to get that across. That just shows the little trust they'd have in their fans to notice it.

But that's how it was in the book Red Dragon though. In the book, they even go as far as to say Will Graham has photo-realistic memory. Similar to Hannibal Lecter.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

lol, no it doesn't. You guys are just nitpicking. The show can't help itself if it's based on a intellectual property. They use lines from the books and movies as fun nods for fans of the original source material to notice.

It's one thing to use lines for nods, it's another to use 4 pretentious lines in under two minutes to seem clever when it's just mundane.

Yeah, but in this case, the scene is a nod to Crawford and Bloom discussing Graham's pathology in the book Red Dragon.

If the scene was a nod, then there'd be no reason to use 4 lines in a row to get that across. That just shows the little trust they'd have in their fans to notice it.

But that's how it was in the book Red Dragon though. In the book, they even go as far as to say Will Graham has photo-realistic memory. Similar to Hannibal Lecter.

If the same 4 pretentious lines are mentioned in the book the same exact way as in that scene, then the book fucked up the scene as much as the show fucked itself, lol. Let me put it that way.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 8:21 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

If the same 4 pretentious lines are mentioned in the book the same exact way as in that scene, then the book fucked up the scene as much as the show fucked itself, lol. Let me put it that way.

Well it wasn't exactly word for word, but it was basically the same scene. Only big difference was that instead of Bloom like in the book, they used Hannibal for the show. But I'm not going to pretend like the books are perfect, because they are not. I'll admit that much. Like how the books represents the south, because you know, the Hannibal Lecter franchise usually takes place in the south. Or how the characters like Will Graham or Clarice Starling can go out of character at times. Which is weird to say because the books are the actual source.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 9:47 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Well it wasn't exactly word for word, but it was basically the same scene. Only big difference was that instead of Bloom like in the book, they used Hannibal for the show. But I'm not going to pretend like the books are perfect, because they are not. I'll admit that much. Like how the books represents the south, because you know, the Hannibal Lecter franchise usually takes place in the south. Or how the characters like Will Graham or Clarice Starling can go out of character at times. Which is weird to say because the books are the actual source.

Well, yeah, but something being the original source doesn't dictacte its quality (like you said.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:08 am

But this ad though....

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 6:54 pm

Blindspot (Mid-season finale) (2015)

Solid mid-season finale, with a damn good twist.

Score: 4/5

Gotham (Mid-season finale) (2015)

Wow! This episode felt like an actual finale to the season.

Score: 4/5
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 8:27 pm

turn the fucking page noises off

Been binge watching Agents of SHIELD S2 - blows away all of the DC TV shows currently airing
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 11:35 pm

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 Underw10
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 2:56 pm

why the fuck does Simmons keep cucking Fitz and why does he keep letting her, just rape her and be done with it or just move on like a normie you massive autist
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 10:53 am

All these old shows coming back gives me hope for Hannibal returning. Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:08 am

It's probably going to suck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 7:17 am

Full House is one of those shows where it's totally not funny at all, yet I would still watch it anyway, lol!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 11:20 am

I'd like to see Fresh Prince of Bel-Air get revived, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Archduke wrote:
I'd like to see Fresh Prince of Bel-Air get revived, honestly.

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:23 pm

OH SHIT! WTF? How did I not hear about this? I hope Jaden Smith isn't in the show.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:39 pm

Fuck crap like Full House revivals. 

Guys, go see Making a Murderer on Netflix. It's fucking brilliant and tragic, at the same time. I'd highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:45 pm

I keep hearing about Making a Murderer everywhere. WTF is it about?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Aziz Ansari's Master of None is fucking brilliant lads. Hilarious social-commentary comedy, and you're basically watching Aziz play himself in real life. I know it's quite old, but still great and worth watching.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Sopranos 9.5/10
On par with The Wire

Just finished final episode today
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 7:42 pm

Better Call Saul - Season 1

Good shit, Vince Gilligan. Season 2 been very interesting so far as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 5:27 am

Archduke wrote:

I felt season 2 episode 1 was weak as fuck, couldn't even finish it tbh fam
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 6:48 am

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - 9.5/10

I cried at how beautiful some of the themes, scenes and danked out memes were. No honestly I did, probably one of the only animes that handles DEEP and MATURE themes well without being edgy.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 4:46 pm

Lily wrote:
Archduke wrote:

You actually thought that shit with the guy getting robbed was weak? Man, you must have a low attention span then.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Archduke wrote:
Lily wrote:
Archduke wrote:

You actually thought that shit with the guy getting robbed was weak? Man, you must have a low attention span then.
Sorry my standards aren't low enough for you
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Lily wrote:
Archduke wrote:
Lily wrote:
Archduke wrote:

Sorry my standards aren't low enough for you

More like, your standards aren't quite up to par compared to mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next