Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen

Go down 
+8
Jack the Spectre
Angelus
RamboOnRedBull
Orc
JayMoore
Archduke
Stoney
yonny616
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen Empty
PostSubject: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 am

Since we have one for movies, why not have one for TV Shows? Here you can review single episodes, seasons, or a whole series.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (2010) (Season One)
Spartacus: Blood and Sand has to be one of the best shows I've ever seen. Season One does have it's up and downs, but they're most very well written. The acting is great by having talent like Andy Whitfield, Lucy Lawless, John Hannah, Manu Bennet, ect. The characters are well written, so you'll have your favorites. The show feels like  graphic novel in motion. It does have it's problems like using too much stylized blood and slo-mo is about everywhere, so if you hate slo-mo you might hate this show. Also when someone dies it's actually impactful, it's relevant and progress the story in a sense. I love it, the show feels like 300 and Gladiator mixed with God of War.

Score: 4.5/5

R.I.P. Andy Whitfield. Sad Always and forever Spartacus.

Last edited by yonny616 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 am

Breaking Bad

10/10
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:44 pm

So after playing what was on of the best games I've ever had the privilege of playing in The Walking Dead, I decided that I just had to watch the TV series, seen as it's not played over here, I watched the first two seasons and half of season 3, it doesn't start back again unitl February, and by God am I a happy chappy, definitely the best show since Lost ( I know that's a love/hate show for people, much like MGS funnily enough), it's so unpredictable that it always has you intrigued. Love it.

9/10

I really can't fault it.

EDIT: In retrospect, whilst season one was phenomenal, season two was hit n' miss and season three was more of the same, more hit in my opinion.

Double edit: Although I mention in this it's the best show on TV, that was a long time ago, that award goes to Game of Thrones which is literally nigh on flawless.

Last edited by Stoney on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm

The Office (US Version)

I really like the plot points and the humor of this show. It's better than the original The Office. The characters are developed very well and I'm usually laughing through most of the episodes. However, some episodes drag on with a character's storyline and just get boring. The show also fall downhill from season 7-on. Season 8 sucks and so does season 9 Still, I loved everything else about it. It's a shame that it's ending soon.

8/10
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (2011) (Season Zero)

The prequel to season one. Spartacus: Gods of the Arena doesn't follow or even mention Spartacus, yet it manages to do great. The show gives even more depth to the characters from season one. We get a couple new Gladiators, one named Gannicus played by Dustin Claire. Gannicus is a cocky son of a b**** that manages to be the best gladiator and very likeable. The acting talent in this season sticks like a sore thumb, with returning actors and new ones joining the fray. The show wouldn't have happened if Andy Whitfield hadn't fallen sick of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and it was made to give fans their fix. It doesn't feel like a motin comic as much as season one, but the stylized blood and slow-mo is all still there. The show does have its problems like overuse of the slow-mo and some characters are annoying, with some of the minor characters actor can be meh when compared to the rest. Overall I enjoyed the 6 part mini-series.

Score: 3.5/5

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Sons of Anarchy season 5

its gud
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Spartacus: Vengeance (2012) (Season Two)

Finally the sequel to season one. Spartacus: Vengeance starts a couple months after season one and it starts off great. The acting talent in this season is still as great as the rest, with a couple new additions. The most important one is the replacement of Andy Whitfield as Spartacus, who now is portrayed by Liam McIntyre. Andy personally choose Liam to be the next Spartacus and Liam had big shoes to fill. Liam manages to exceed expectations and is fantastic addition, he managed to make the role his. The series did get shy before and it hasn't gotten shy yet. Season two is as explicit as before. Lucy Lawless also does some of her best work in this season too. The battles are huge in scale and the risks are even bigger. Can't wait for the final season this Janurary.

Back to top Go down
JayMoore
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
JayMoore

Stature : 18
London

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:21 am

The Thick of It (2012) (Series Four)

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen Malcolm_tucker_by_sinbad74-d35rm1u

The final series of Armando Iannucci's hilarious political comedy showcasing a coalition government which strikes very familiar and true to home (for us Brits anyway). Inventive swearing, cringe-worthy moments and a intelligent and frighteningly realistic story-line. This is British television at it's best. I look forward to the American spin-off, Veep. I'd be very interested to hear any opinions on the American version if any of you lovely fellows have seen any of it.

5/5

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Frasier

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen Frasie10

It know it's a spin off of Cheers but I can't deny finding Frasier episodes, particularly in the earlier seasons, to be masterful works of comedy.

While a joke or play on words can be funny in the real world, in Frasier it is funny because it accentuates the (I quote one of the characters) "lovably pompous" disposition of the two major character Frasier and his brother.

You do not love these characters in spite of their flaws, you love them because of their flaws. Niles' never ending love for his father's physical therapist Daphne, provides many glorious moments of him daydreaming as she makes an off-handed sexual remark, and then there are the classic moments when he denies it and claims to be a happily married man.
Frasier's constant quest to find a woman is an agonizing ride of humiliation and regret... but oh boy is is fun to watch unravel. You just know something is going to go wrong.

What is great about Frasier is that the characters are so rich and played by a great cast that are surprisingly versatile. It's a sensible kind of comedy but knows when to be crass, when to be downright silly and even when to be stirring and emotional... but even in those moments there is never an absence of a slap in the face.

Within every episode there is always a clash of cultures, at least people that behave differently to Frasier . Be it his radio producer, the promiscuous Roz Doyle, their crude and vulgar co-worker Bob "Bulldog" Briscoe, and of course Frasier's own father Martin who is, at first cold and abrasive towards him. The initial episodes featuring him are nothing short of an uncomfortable watch. Throughout the seasons you see him begin to warm up to his sons, but there is always a sense of disappointment in how the sons of this beer chugging, sports obsessed ex-cop could become suit & tie wearing, delicate wine-swilling opera fans who couldn't tell a football apart from a tennis ball. The conflict that arises is beautiful....

It is truly a shame that in the 5th season it lost steam and the dialogue simply wasn't quite as witty or riddled with charm as it once was, but it certainly picked up again a bit later on.

I won't pretend Frasier is revolutionary, I just can't emphasize enough how damn good it is.

5/5

Here's a funny clip of one of their examples of more visual comedy

And one of the wonderful battles with words

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Breaking Bad (Seasons 1-5A) (2008 -2012)

Breaking Bad. What can I say that hasn't been said? Breaking Bad is one of, if not, the single best shows I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. The acting is top notch by Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, etc. The writting of the characters and how they develop over time, and the overall story and script is something even the best film writers have to applaud. I won't lie, some of the few first episodes were a bore, I seriously thought of quitting it, but with some encourgment by Jack I decided to keep watching it. It was all worth it because in the long run the show is beautiful!

Score: 5/5
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:54 am

TWD - 7/10 Very inconsistent and mixed, sometimes great and sometimes boring.shit
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:51 pm

The hyperbole surrounding Breaking Bad is astounding. I'm on ep3 of s4 and whilst I really like it, it's so overrated it's ridiculous. I know the fanboys will "but teh season 5!!!" ... you can't rate a show as GOAT based on one season.

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:13 pm

@Stoney Funny enough, those are the episodes where I was planning on quiting since I thought the show was overrated.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:32 pm

@Stoney

Breaking Bad was Great in Season 3, Fantastic by end of Season 4, and a masterpiece after Season 5 (Minus the ending)

I'm surprised you don't seem to like it that much, though Razz
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:53 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Stoney

Breaking Bad was Great in Season 3, Fantastic by end of Season 4, and a masterpiece after Season 5 (Minus the ending)

I'm surprised you don't seem to like it that much, though Razz
If I didn't know the premise, good guy turns uber scumbag drug dealer, I would have ditched it after season one. I forced myself through that, then Walt pays a visit to Tuco, and after that I decided to see it through.

I'm looking forward to the thrills of s5, no doubt, but it's not the ERMERGHERD!!11 I was expecting.

Oh, Saul is brill in it, so good.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:57 pm

@Stoney I think I'm your clone. O__O I had the same opinion on Breaking Bad for the first few episodes, then bam, Walter pays a visit to Tuco and I watched everything. Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen 725796345
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Saul is where it's at. After a while I was pretty much just watching for him.

Breaking Bad 4/5

Mad Men 4.2/5
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 8:43 pm

@Angelus (and probably anyone esle) I never liked Saul. His character, and Anna Gunn's are the only two characters who I didn't like. Were they developed bad? No. I just didn't "click" with 'em.

On-Topic: Supernatural (Seasons 1-8 ) (2005-2012)
Supernatural is one of my favorite shows on television. It follows Sam and Dean Winchester (Brothers) as they ride all over the country hunting monsters, ghost, demons, gods. You name it, and more likely they killed it. Each season has a different plot, but they also have an under-lying plot which culminates in season 5, there's a new under-lying plot after season 5. Jared Padaleki and Jensen Ackles have some of the best chemistry on screen I ever seen, and are great actors. The series has cast some great actors like Jeffery Dean Morgan who portrayed John Winchester (Sam & Deans dad), Mitch Pellegi as Bruce Campell (Sam & Dean's grandfather),  Jim Beaver as Bobby Singer, and many more. There a lot of throw away, one episode characters, and that's truly the only bad thing about it. Otherwise recurring and main characters are really well written and the scripts/stpry are usually great, with some really good twist and turns for a CW tv show. I will say that the show takes liberties with mythologies of the supernatural. Also I believe this is the first form of media to get me to actually love Lucifer, specifically Mark Pelligrino's performance which is amazing. He stole every scene. The show also has some REALLY great comedic moments. While I love the series, I won't lie, Season 6 and 7 aren't as good as the rest, but it's decent enough to get through. Season 8 put the series back on track, and I'm enjoying season 9 so far.

Final Note: Supernatural is one of the few shows to survive the television death sentence of a Friday night time slot.

Last edited by yonny616 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:25 pm

I've just finished the second season of Lie to Me earlier today after starting the series a few days ago. Pretty good show with a solid cast led by the the incredibly underrated Tim Roth. Sadly, this is one of those shows that ended before its time. Very similar to House in a way but that's hardly a bad thing. 8/10

Also working my way through Orange is the New Black, the best Netflix original series (I'm not counting Arrested Development). Very funny show that manages to be pretty light despite its setting. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:41 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Angelus (and probably anyone esle) I never liked Saul. His character, and Anna Gunn's are the only two characters who I didn't like. Were they developed bad? No. I just didn't "click" with 'em.

Gedout... Evil or Very Mad 

I actually think you're supposed to hate Anna Gunn's character. She makes the typical, nagging crazy woman characters seem like pleasant company.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:08 am

Yeah, Skyler was annoying as hell. 

I'd have loved it if they killed her off in the show, to be honest. Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen 725796345
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:57 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I'd have loved it if they killed her off in the show, to be honest. Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen 725796345
Well, there is one spoiler I guess. No need to speculate on her future and any tense situations shes in, I'll know she lives, thanks, Rambo. :eww: 

ehhh .... you're lucky I'm not that invested in this show!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:01 am

Stoney wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I loved it when they killed her off in the show, to be honest. Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen 725796345
Well, there is one spoiler I guess. No need to speculate on her future and any tense situations shes in, I'll know she lives, thanks, Rambo. :eww: 

ehhh .... you're lucky I'm not that invested in this show!
Fixed. Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Awake (2012) (Season One)

Awake is a show with such a unique concept for a psychological thriller, in that it's about a Detective who gets in an accident, and after that accident he starts bouncing between two different realities when he sleeps. He seperates both realities with by wearing a different colored rubber band, with red being for his wife and green for his son as those are their favorite colors. Both realities are somewhat the same, but the main difference is in one his Wife died in the accident, and the other his son died. Jason Issacs leads the show as character Michael Britten and his performance is fantastic and easily captivates you. He's supported with actors (who all do a great job in their performances) such as: Laura Allen as his wife Hannah Britten, Steve Harris as his detective partner Isiah Freeman in "green" reality, Dylan Mitten as his son Rex Britten, and even Wilmer Valderrama as his other detective partner Efrem Vega in "red" reality. The written is really well done with some twist and turns throughout it, and even rivals some of the best shows on television, with the last few episodes being the best. The characters are really likeable and really well done. The last episode of the season is also amazingly written with a nice emotional payoff, but sadly leaves you with more questions than answers. Answers that we may never know because NBC cancled the show due to poor ratings for their dumbass selection of a good show's timeslot, and here I'm hoping Netflix decided to pick it up. Anyway, the show is great a I recommend it fully to everyone on here. It's only 13 epsiodes long so you can binge watch it in a day or two.

Score: 5/5
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 5:35 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I didn't like Skyler for maybe the first season and a half but she had some really great development over the series and by the end of the show, I could say I was a fan. The only one I didn't like all the way till the end was Marie, but I think that's the point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen   Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next