Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.

Go down 
+9
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Stigma
Ihsahn
Mikenuge
Pickles1337
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  Empty
PostSubject: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:46 pm

http://www.lensoftruth.com/news/ps3-news/alan-wake-was-planned-to-be-released-on-ps3/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/295479/news/alan-wake-ps3-no-show-was-a-business-risk-remedy/

It might've sold better on PS3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Good thing we PS3 owners didn't miss out on anything good. I'm GLAD we didn't get it.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Woohoo! Score 1 for the bad guys!

Also, why would it have sold better on the PS3?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:

Because PS3 owners play more than just FPS.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:22 pm

im getting this soon cus the 360 haz no geams
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:24 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

Because PS3 owners get more than just FPS.

fix'd
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:41 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

inb4 Xbot anger

(because they know it's true)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:55 pm

It was planned to be released as a 360/PC/PS3 game. 120 360 games have sold over a million, only 90 PS3 games. Alan Wake sold over a million. It would have sold better if it hadn't released as the same day as Red Dead Redemption herp derp.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:59 pm

eye roll
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:12 am

BlackStigma wrote:
It was planned to be released as a 360/PC/PS3 game. 120 360 games have sold over a million, only 90 PS3 games. Alan Wake sold over a million. It would have sold better if it hadn't released as the same day as Red Dead Redemption herp derp.
I've heard it wasn't that good of a game to begin with. Almost everyone panned it for its predictability.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:23 am

Ihsahn wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
I've heard it wasn't that good of a game to begin with. Almost everyone panned it for its predictability.
I didn't find Alan Wake predictable. Hell, I'm still mindfucked over the ending.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:27 am

Ihsahn wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I bought it about 4 months ago and still haven't finished it Razz

I've been trying to though, I played it 3 days ago. The story is good but the combat gets really repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:43 am

Yeah that was another concern I had. The combat looked really bad.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:52 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Yeah that was another concern I had. The combat looked really bad.

It wasn't bad, it's kinda fun, but it just gets repetitive quickly. And there isn't a whole lot of enemy variety either.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:57 am

I still think horror games are better without combat.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:59 am

Ihsahn wrote:
I still think horror games are better without combat.

It wasn't a horror game though. It was a "psychological thriller".
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:14 am

Psychological thriller, horror game or dating simulator, my point still stands. It would have done better without combat, I think. Combat ruins a lot of tension for me.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:19 am

I liked the combat. Sad
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:31 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

And the best selling Playstation 3 game of all time is!!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Link me to your source?

Not saying I disagree (totally wouldn't surprise me), but I'd like to see it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Link me to your source?

Not saying I disagree (totally wouldn't surprise me), but I'd like to see it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-03-black-ops-the-best-selling-ps3-game-ever

To be fair it's the best selling game on 360 as well.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:56 pm

I didn't say we didn't play FPS. We just play more than that. You only proved that PS3 owners play FPS, which I didn't argue.

Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  Tumblr_lfvpbpKscl1qafrh6

I liked the combat in Alan Wake, but there was too much of it. There was too much gameplay between the major plot points. I loved the cutscenes but I was getting a bit fatigued due to all of the gameplay, which got boring quickly.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:00 pm

I know you are just trollololing but anyone that actually believes that the reason why Alan Wake sold bad was because of the 360 userbase has got to be kidding themselves.

Red Dead Redemption completely overshadowed Alan Wake on the first week it released, and Microsoft didn't have a long-lasting advertisement campaign for the game anyways.

Sure the 360's popular exclusives are usually shooters.. But what about non-shooter multiplats? They usually sell just as well if not better than the PS3 version.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
I know you are just trollololing but anyone that actually believes that the reason why Alan Wake sold bad was because of the 360 userbase has got to be kidding themselves.

Red Dead Redemption completely overshadowed Alan Wake on the first week it released, and Microsoft didn't have a long-lasting advertisement campaign for the game anyways.

Sure the 360's popular exclusives are usually shooters.. But what about non-shooter multiplats? They usually sell just as well if not better than the PS3 version.
WTF is a "multiplat"?

Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  8185ce54_1554_b105

Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:

not allways

Batman Arkham Asylum

Dante's inferno

Bayonetta(LOL)

FFXIII

Resident Evil 5

Dead Space

Darksiders

Assassin's Creed II

just to name a few

I'm not 100% correct with there, but it's just an example that most non-shooter multi-plats sell better on the PS3. (Even Bayonetta. I still can't believe that.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.    Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake was originally planned to be on PS3.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next