Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved

Go down 
+4
Orion
The Enkindler
Mecha
Archduke
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved Empty
PostSubject: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:39 am

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved Move-610x1735

Quote :
Way back in May 2011, Sony Computer Entertainment America filed a United States patent application for the “Hybrid Separable Motion Controller,” which in layman’s terms is a DualShock and PlayStation Move in one. Yesterday, the patent was approved.

The eagle eyes over at thesixthaxis spotted the patent and posted the PDF, but the general idea is that you’re getting a DualShock with a PlayStation Move orb on each side. From there, the controller breaks in half via magnets so that you can wave your arms for your favorite PlayStation Move-enabled game. Each half of the controller has its own speaker, accelerometer, vibration option and so on.

No word on what device the controller is intended for – PS3 or the ever-rumored PS4/Orbis – but CVG.com points out that the patent “also shows a Cell/RSX configuration on one slide, suggesting that the device is likely to be related to a current platform, if it is in fact even planned for release.”

And there’s the important snippet – if it’s planned for release. Sony patents stuff all the time and doesn’t use it, so don’t run out to preorder the controller yet. When reached for comment, a Sony rep said "Unfortunately, we do not comment on patents."

Would you even buy this thing? Let us know in the comments below, and thanks to IGN reader Jordan Bird for tipping us off to this whole thing.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:45 am

Looks like a regular PlayStation controller with two balls.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:46 am

Mecha wrote:
Looks like a regular PlayStation controller with two balls.

That's exactly what it is. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:12 am

double the pleasure
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:12 am

Very interesting...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:16 am

Because PS Move was such a success
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:28 am

So instead of turning the dualshock into something awesome like the Xbox controller, they add two balls to it?Makes perfect sense
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:02 am

So instead of a dick without balls we get balls without a dick?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:58 am

Never been interested in motion controls so I wouldn't be getting this. I'll play with my own balls instead.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Finally! A controller with BALLZ!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Sex toys for children.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Teckno wrote:
Sex toys for children.

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved L11
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Teckno wrote:
Sex toys for children.

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved Chris-hansen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved   Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation Move/Dualshock hybrid controller patent approved
Page 1 of 1