Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?

Go down 
+12
RamboOnRedBull
CleverCatchPhrase
2Sugoi2Die
Archduke
Chobo
ArchAngel
Bluenose
yonny616
Mecha
The Enkindler
Mikenuge
Jack the Spectre
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? Empty
PostSubject: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:41 am

http://www.magjournal.net/in-defense-of-twilight/

What do you think? Is it healthy to go out of your way to hate something or should non-fans just ignore the series like they would any other series?
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:45 am

I just find it boring simple as... having somehow stayed alive during the first two.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:48 am

Mikenuge wrote:
I just find it boring simple as... having somehow stayed alive during the first two.
And it's fine to not like it. I don't like it. But I don't get why some people truly despise it. They're just bad movies, they need to get over it.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 am

I don't hate Twilight because Stephanie Meyer "can't write" or because she changed the whole concept of Vampires.
I hate it because all these teenage girls are a bunch of swabs who can't control their sexual hormones and that's the main reason why they are obssessed over it, they don't care about the story or the relationship between Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, they only care about the attractive actors and the abs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:20 am

Akainu wrote:
I don't hate Twilight because Stephanie Meyer "can't write" or because she changed the whole concept of Vampires.
I hate it because all these teenage girls are a bunch of swabs who can't control their sexual hormones and that's the main reason why they are obssessed over it, they don't care about the story or the relationship between Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, they only care about the attractive actors and the abs.
But how is that any different than guys going into an action movie just to watch explosions and guns?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
And it's fine to not like it. I don't like it. But I don't get why some people truly despise it. They're just bad movies, they need to get over it.

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? Americ13
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 am

B cuz its da kool thing 2 do
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 am

I dislike it because they managed to ruin Vampires, and the Twihards think those shape shifters are actual Werewolf's. The writing and most of the acting is bad, along with a forced on love triangle.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 am

yonny616 wrote:
I dislike it because they managed to ruin Vampires, and the Twihards think those shape shifters are actual Werewolf's. The writing and most of the acting is bad, along with a forced on love triangle.
So how did it RUIN vampires and werewolves? Sure it did different depictions of them, depictions that I don't like, but I can still watch the Universal monsters flicks (Dracula, The Werewolf, etc.) and enjoy them. Plus the idea of giving vampires a sexual flare to them is nothing new. So all Stephenie Meyer really did was make them sparkle; making them more sensual as opposed to scary is not a concept she came up with.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:16 am

Twilight has vampires? :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 am

:wat: I'm not saying you can't enjoy them, but I can never take vampires seriously anymore. Never said they ruined werewolf's, since those AREN'T werewolf's.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 am

yonny616 wrote:
Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? 2238793732 I'm not saying you can't enjoy them, but I can never take vampires seriously anymore. Never said they ruined werewolf's, since those AREN'T werewolf's.
You need to work on that supernatural insecurity then, lol. I still love Nosferatu and Dracula (the one with Christopher Lee).
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Well the line when Bella says "I'm Switzerland!" when Jacob and Edward were fighting just ruined the whole series for me. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Its because its the "new" popular thing to hate on

Kind of like when people hate on Justin bieb...wait nvm, he really is terrible....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Because it's a poorly executed romance for shallow obnoxious teens to relate to. And when a movie is bad there is bound to be criticism. That criticism memetically evolved eventually and became an internet bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:01 pm

To be clear, I'm not asking why people don't like the movies. That much is obvious. But with some people, they'll just ignore every other bad movie they watch EXCEPT Twilight which they'll just constantly bash.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:58 pm

I hate it's fanbase

it has the most disgusting, annoying, twenny little bitches ever! and they won't shut the fuck up about how amazingly great it is. Thankfully, that has died off a bit after the last few years but still.

And don't get me started on that Goddamn team bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Twilight is shit and deserves all the hate it's getting. The acting is horrible, the story is meh at best, and the movies are just a big clusterfuck, tbh. It is the equivalent of getting getting jail-raped and then murdered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Duke wrote:
Twilight is shit and deserves all the hate it's getting. The acting is horrible, the story is meh at best, and the movies are just a big clusterfuck, tbh. It is the equivalent of getting getting jail-raped and then murdered.
Can't believe you'd say that. What if someone who was jail-raped then murdered overheard you?!
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 7:44 am

I just look at it as a cash in movie. No where near on par with the other novel based movies.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:51 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Akainu wrote:
But how is that any different than guys going into an action movie just to watch explosions and guns?

I agree with sheo, and I don't like action movies that are all about how sexy the man is either. They fall into the same category to me. They're made to get hormonal teenagers drooling. I have no interest in shitty writing to watch washboard abs.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:04 am

I've only seen 10 min. of Twilight: Eclipse.

10 Minutes I'll never get back again.

Sad
Back to top Go down
JDog36095
Merchant
Merchant
JDog36095

Stature : 3
US
Playing : Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 pm

while ppl took hundreds of making vampires scary and bad ass it only took twilight the first 5 mins of the movie to ruin the entire rep for vamps. DAMN YOU TWILIGHT WITH UR GLITTERY VAMPS Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? 21888
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:32 pm

To be honest, I keep forgetting that they're vampires.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:22 pm

People hate Twilight because they're jealous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?   Why do people actively hate "Twilight"? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do people actively hate "Twilight"?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next