Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Trilogy Trend

Go down 
+5
Mecha
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
JDog36095
yonny616
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 pm

If they used Joker's full potential then the film would have been rated R. As for the rest of the villains, Two-Face had very little screen time then dies, and Catwoman didn't get much screen either. Hell, Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman was better developed than Anne Hathaway's, so there are no excuses.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Mecha wrote:
If they used Joker's full potential then the film would have been rated R. As for the rest of the villains, Two-Face had very little screen time then dies, and Catwoman didn't get much screen either. Hell, Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman was better developed than Anne Hathaway's, so there are no excuses.
Yeah, Michelle Pfeiffer along with Danny DeVito stole the show in Burton's second Batman movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Mecha wrote:

Look at the condition you just set. I'm saying the same thing. If Catwoman and Two Face were used to their full potential, this wouldn't be a 2 hour movie, rather a TV series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm

I meant Nolan never took advantage of these characters like the older films did. It doesn't have to be to it's very fullest, but enough to do the character justice.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:06 am

The 3rd movie always sucks because the film makers have already made so much fucking money off the first 2 that they just stop giving a shit. OR they're not sure if there is going to be a 4th one so they cram a bunch of shit into the 3rd one. I don't like any of those 3rd films you listed and I'm never in the future going to think back and say any of them were a good trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
I meant Nolan never took advantage of these characters like the older films did. It doesn't have to be to it's very fullest, but enough to do the character justice.

The old Batman movies? A lot of characters in them were terrible.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Oh fuck it. All I know is, these characters have a lot more to offer. The Joker and Bane were the only two villains that got the respect they deserved.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Well that's cause they were the main villains. The other villians were used to more dynamic to the Batman world in the movies. I think the only villain done bad was Scarecrow.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:09 pm

If anything Ra's al Ghul is the real main villain in The Dark Knight trilogy. But he was treated poorly. The only reason people even like Ra's al Ghul in the film is because he's played by Liam Neeson. Nolan should have brought him back to life in The Dark Knight Rises, so that he can be the threat he was created to be.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Ra's was great! I like how they explained his "immortality". The only villain I think they could have done more with was Scarecrow, but even then Scarecrow is a b-list villain. The only thing older Batman films took advantage of was the over the topness. Also making Penguin into Killer Croc in Batman Returns was as bad as what they did to Bane in Batman & Robin. Also Ra's does comeback in TDKR, even if it was just a dream.

Last edited by yonny616 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
If anything Ra's al Ghul is the real main villain in The Dark Knight trilogy. But he was treated poorly. The only reason people even like Ra's al Ghul in the film is because he's played by Liam Neeson. Nolan should have brought him back to life in The Dark Knight Rises, so that he can be the threat he was created to be.
So is Nolan not allowed to take any artistic liberty with the character? It was clear from the start that his trilogy wouldn't have any supernatural elements to them, so bringing him back to life would be very out-of-place.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Of course Nolan has every right to make changes if he wants. However, that doesn't mean he improved the story or characters by doing so. Ra's al Ghul is one of Batman's greatest enemies, but he comes off as a cliche movie villain in the film. Not only that, but he also had little screen time and went out like a bitch. Same thing happen with Talia al Ghul in The Dark Knight Rises as well. Also the plan to destroy Gotham City didn't make a whole lot of sense, since Ra's al Ghul was dead.

Ra's al Ghul coming back from the dead wouldn't have been realistic, but it would have made the story a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Trilogy Trend   The Trilogy Trend - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Trilogy Trend
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2