Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate The Last Comic Book You Read

Go down 
+2
yonny616
Mecha
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate The Last Comic Book You Read R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Rate The Last Comic Book You Read Empty
PostSubject: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Deadpool #1 (2012)

Former U.S. presidents have come back from the dead to destroy and rebuild America. The Avengers aren't allowed to stop them because it's not good for their image, so S.H.I.E.L.D. hires the merc with a mouth himself, Deadpool to save the country... or at least, save it from getting destroyed even further.

7/10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate The Last Comic Book You Read PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Justice League: Origin
I think if they make the Justice League film, they need to draw inspiration from this comic. It brings in all the heroes and gives cyborg an origin too. The art by Jim Lee is amazing and Geoff Johns wrote this like a blockbuster film. It's one of New 52's best.

Score: 4/5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth (2010)

A.I.M. has sent Deadpool on a mission to Savage Land to retrieve his own decapitated head known as zombie Deadpool (A.K.A. Headpool). Deadpool later finds out that Headpool is actually from alternative universe where Marvel characters have become zombies. Deadpool then decides to help Headpool to get back into his own alternative universe, with the help of a hot scientist named Dr. Betty Swanson, and Bill, an ex-A.I.M. agent. Together, the gang go on many bizarre adventures to find Headpool's way back home, before A.I.M. finds them.

If you're not a Deadpool fan, this comic book will immediately convert you. It's fucking hilarious! There is also a lot of cameo appearances from other Marvel characters and pop culture references. The art style is also amazing, done by various artists.

10/10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Justice League Vol. 1: Origin (2012)

To be honest, I kinda like the origin from the cartoon better. In this however, everything felt rushed. The characters would just pop out at random and shit, and defeated Darkseid pretty quickly. I can see why the writers for the upcoming Justice League film are reading some of the older comics, because The New 52 just isn't enough. Having said all that, it was still a pretty good read and the art style is fantastic. But the story and characters just felt rushed and incomplete. It's only the first volume though, so I can't really fault them for that.

7/10
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Mecha wrote:

A.I.M. has sent Deadpool on a mission to Savage Land to retrieve his own decapitated head known as zombie Deadpool (A.K.A. Headpool). Deadpool later finds out that Headpool is actually from alternative universe where Marvel characters have become zombies. Deadpool then decides to help Headpool to get back into his own alternative universe, with the help of a hot scientist named Dr. Betty Swanson, and Bill, an ex-A.I.M. agent. Together, the gang go on many bizarre adventures to find Headpool's way back home, before A.I.M. finds them.

If you're not a Deadpool fan, this comic book will immediately convert you. It's fucking hilarious! There is also a lot of cameo appearances from other Marvel characters and pop culture references. The art style is also amazing, done by various artists.

10/10

Where can I buy or download this one?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:

10/10

http://www.amazon.com/Deadpool-Merc-Mouth-Victor-Gischler/dp/0785145346/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1356062441&sr=8-11&keywords=Deadpool

The price might be a bit too high, but its worth if you're a Deadpool fan or just a Marvel fan in general. Hell, I'm sure if you love The Avengers movie you'll like this too since both have a lot of humor and appearances from other Marvel characters. Also the comic scans you see on the internet never look as good as looking through the pages inperson.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 am

Mecha wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:

10/10

http://www.amazon.com/Deadpool-Merc-Mouth-Victor-Gischler/dp/0785145346/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1356062441&sr=8-11&keywords=Deadpool

The price might be a bit too high, but its worth if you're a Deadpool fan or just a Marvel fan in general. Hell, I'm sure if you love The Avengers movie you'll like this too since both have a lot of humor and appearances from other Marvel characters. Also the comic scans you see on the internet never look as good as looking through the pages inperson.

I'll probably buy it later on, but for now I just dled it and put it on my phone. Will report back once read!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Deadpool Volume 1 (2011)

After the invasion of the Skrulls, Deadpool sets out to get his money back from Norman Osborn. But with Norman Osborn now leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. (now renamed H.A.M.M.E.R.) and head of Avengers Tower (formally know as Stark Tower), taking him down won't be easy as he hires the Thunderbolts and Bullseye to finally take care of Deadpool once and for all.

8/10
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth

10/10

Lol'd hard as hell. Got addicted to the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:07 am

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie (comic book adaptation)

It's basically a straight up page by page adaptation of the original film. Only done in the black and white style of the comic books. Worth a read if you're a turtles fan. But you're not really missing anything if you already saw the film.

6/10
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate The Last Comic Book You Read TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:04 am

Chew Volumes 1 - fucking hilarious and absolutely great 9/10
Saga Volumes 1 - My god.... 10/10
JSA Vol 1 - it has Wildcat 8/10
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:24 am

Tempest Fugit 1-5

Rate The Last Comic Book You Read Zx7sru11
Rate The Last Comic Book You Read Hulk0710
Rate The Last Comic Book You Read Hulk0711
Rate The Last Comic Book You Read Hulk0810
Rate The Last Comic Book You Read Hulk0811

A very unique and odd Hulk story arc involving being stranded on an odd island with familiar faces like Gray hulk, Wolverine and General Thaddeus Ross. Hulk/Banner tries to survive and protect two other people whose lives are also endangered. Throughout the storyline there is a subplot of what are seemingly flashbacks of Banner's young life as a kid in school, feeling isolated and being attacked by bullies and even ignored by the girl he tried to help out. It shows how Hulk is his "imaginary" alter-ego, how Hulk is like is only friend and tries to persuade him to blow up the school and "smash" those that shunned him. The story is somewhat clever but not really wrapped up that well at the end. It may prove to be confusing to some even at its resolution. However it is compelling from start to finish, and those that are more well-read will notice the parallelism with The Tempest by Shakespeare.
Lastly, the artwork is really nice. Definitely some of the best I have seen throughout the Incredible Hulk's life. Particularly the front covers, hence why I used the text-less versions to show you here.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:25 am

Red Lanterns issue 21 & 22 - my sig explains all
9/10
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:14 pm

Orion wrote:
Chew Volumes 1 - fucking hilarious and absolutely great 9/10
Saga Volumes 1 - My god.... 10/10
JSA Vol 1 - it has Wildcat 8/10

Your copy of Saga arrived already? Or did you just read a digital copy? Cheap cunt.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Yeah i bought the issues digitally, going to buy the actual volume though, need that glorious art in my hands
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Oh btw, check this out, funniest comic book i've ever read, it's MARVEL as well
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Nextwave-Ultimate-Collection-Warren-Ellis/9780785144618
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 am

Cool. It's so much more satisfying to have the physical copy.
One day you will have a bookshelf as good as mine.
Rate The Last Comic Book You Read 5w3UitP

And no thanks, that doesn't look like my kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:08 am

I need to get one'a dem fancy student loan doo hickeys
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate The Last Comic Book You Read Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:04 am

Ultimate Spider-Man: Power & Responsibility #1 - 5 = 8.5/10

While - So far - it is essentially the same old, redundant origin story, there are a few twists and turns that shape things up to a different direction. One including a different process to becoming spider-man (That I won't spoil), and another that shapes up the characters and their introductions differently. Though, my order arrived late-last night, so I haven't really been able to read any more issues than this one, so I can't go into too much detail either. Still, overall, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't THAT great. Don't get me wrong: It is good, but not great

I'll give it another try a bit later, though. Rate The Last Comic Book You Read 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Orion wrote:
I need to get one'a dem fancy student loan doo hickeys

Or a job Rate The Last Comic Book You Read 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:02 pm

The first few issues are expected to be slow, it is the first of the whole Ultimate Universe, so these issues essentially have the responsibility of shaping the New Marvel Universe.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 1:23 am

The Dark Knight Returns (1986)

I like it. Didn't exactly love it though. For its time I can see why this was easy for people to swallow, but the story is kinda dated by today's standards. Also I'm not a big fan of Frank Miller's storytelling or art style. Never have been. Not saying It's bad or anything, but everything he does feels so uneven to me. If you go into thinking this is Frank Miller's Batman and not mainstream Batman, then you can enjoy it a lot more.

7/10
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:48 am

Year One is better.
My all time favourite Batman comic will always be this
Rate The Last Comic Book You Read Cover
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-And-Robin-Vol-Reborn/dp/1401229875/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1378568821&sr=8-5&keywords=batman+and+robin

volumes 2 and 3 are also fucking amazing
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:59 pm

But it has no Bruce Wayne though.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
But it has no Bruce Wayne though.
Yes, and thats what made it better. Bruce has never had as great interaction with any Robin as Dick and Damian did, they were the best duo ever. It was new fresh and exciting. Also this
Rate The Last Comic Book You Read Tumblr_m5vu4uT5AC1qcff4po1_500
I've never enjoyed a Batman comic as this far too short lived series, i would even be willing to kiss some gross chick like ccp for it to return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Comic Book You Read   Rate The Last Comic Book You Read I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate The Last Comic Book You Read
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next