Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarius
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member

Stature : 1

Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th Empty
PostSubject: Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th   Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:58 pm

Valve has revealed it is targeting to announce the next set of Steam titles to earn "greenlit" status from its community-powered submission program on November 30. Since it was first announced, Steam Greenlight has navigated a bumpy road, most recently leading to the addition of a "concepts" category to help developers generate a following for their titles.

The next wave for Greenlight will bring with it at least ten new offerings, the company says.

At least five of those ten will also include the program's first Software (meaning non-game) graduates, a category that Valve added to Greenlight earlier this month. Valve says all of the titles chosen will be offered worldwide distribution agreements, so presuming everyone agrees, you'll be able to buy them right off of Steam no matter where you lay your head.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th   Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Can someone explain this in layman's terms? Also, please provide a link to whatever news article you used.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th   Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Steam Greenlight gives the indie-indie developers a chance to get there own game on steam

steam users then can vote for there favs and it will make it onto the store

Last edited by Mikenuge on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th   Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Ah gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th   Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 am

I really like this greenlight feature, it gives amateur indie companies a chance to shine and allows the community to speak aswell.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th   Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:07 am

Most of the games featured are just small projects made by individuals, you can even submit your own game.

It gives people great feedback, a small income (if chosen) experience and some exposure it's helping the industry... and lets not forget indie games a bursting with creativity so there is fun to be had.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th   Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Shouldn't this be in the Steam section?
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th   Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:38 am

It is, now.
Moved to Steam section.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th   Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next round of Steam Greenlight titles drop November 30th
Page 1 of 1