Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?

Go down 
+8
yonny616
RamboOnRedBull
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Mecha
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
2Sugoi2Die
12 posters

Do game developers owe us?
 Yes
 No
View results
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? Empty
PostSubject: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Do you ever feel that game developers owe you something? Just because you stuck with a developer since the vey beginning or like a game, hated it, bought day one, found something you didn't like.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 pm

They owe us nothing.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:13 pm

http://www.g7gaming.net/t5002-why-cod-and-gears-are-ruining-the-game-industry

This contains all I have to say on the subject. I will say no more.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 pm

^
lol I remember that thread. Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? 725796345
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 pm

It's difficult for me to answer, cause if the developers do something that I like while the other guy doesn't like it, then we will be at a dead end.
If there is something the Developers owe me personally, is that they are obligated to deliver me their game bug free.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 pm

People who say "they owe us nothing" and "they owe us everything and must bend to our every will" are both stupid. A company should try to keep their original fanbase happy and not totally forget about them, but they shouldn't go completely out of their way for them either..
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:11 pm

They don't "owe" anyone anything.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:23 pm

That statement is just stupid.... just plain stupid. If people go with this idea, they're just giving the thumbs up to the developer to do whatever the hell they want. They can raise their video game prices cause hey, they owe us nothing. They can make half their game for an additional DLC price even though it is already in the CD, cause hey they owe us nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Jack: You don't owe these gamers anymore, you've given them everything.
Developers (That care for the product): Not everything, not yet.

On-topic: No, and yes. Without us they wouldn't be in business, and without them we wouldn't have our games. So we're reliant on each other.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Teckno wrote:
That statement is just stupid.... just plain stupid. If people go with this idea, they're just giving the thumbs up to the developer to do whatever the hell they want. They can raise their video game prices cause hey, they owe us nothing. They can make half their game for an additional DLC price even though it is already in the CD, cause hey they owe us nothing.
You're right, they can do that. But they don't and they won't. It's not because they feel like it would be wrong, but because they know of the shitstorm that would ensue if they ever tried to pull anything like that.

They appeal to us for our money, not because they grovel at our feet. There's a difference. No one is okaying any of the practices you mentioned, but we can veto them by keeping our wallets shut.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 7:31 pm

I think I developer doesn't owe a thing but it doesn't mean they should put out bad games. I think developers should listen to their fanbase and should try their best to fulfill their promises to their audience to the best they can. A prime example of a developer who doesn't listen would be Peter Molyneux.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Do i think developers owe us? You're damn right.

WE made them. WE gave them success by approving of their work.

THEY owe it to us to continue to deliver quality games. If they decide to just release shit then its tantamount to you paying a builder because he built you a quality house but when he leaves he takes a shit on your carpet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:12 pm

yes because yes
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:38 pm

When you buy a game and it turns out to be crap, it is YOUR fault for buying it. No one ever forces you to buy something. The developers didnt hold a gun to your head and force you to buy their game. We are not paying for an insurance against bad games, so no dev owes us anything.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Reaper wrote:
Do i think developers owe us? You're damn right.

WE made them. WE gave them success by approving of their work.

THEY owe it to us to continue to deliver quality games. If they decide to just release shit then its tantamount to you paying a builder because he built you a quality house but when he leaves he takes a shit on your carpet.
It's not charity. THEY provided you with the entertainment. THEY gave you the product. Maybe you owe them because they gave you something to do.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 pm

nope
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Quality.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:18 am

I don't really think developers owe us something, but i do think that developers should remain loyal to their original fanbase that made their franchises big in the first place. Companies like capcom are extremely disrespectfull towards their original fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?   Your opinion: Do game developers owe us? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your opinion: Do game developers owe us?
Page 1 of 1