Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Nope.... just nope....

Go down 
+2
Jack the Spectre
Orc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Nope.... just nope.... Empty
PostSubject: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Nope.... just nope.... Rovio-mobile-angry-birds1

This isnt a good game

Nope.... just nope.... Img-156-full

This isn't particularly good either

Nope.... just nope.... 1319027170

nor is this

These are shallow mini-games expanded to an obnoxious size with little gameplay variety. Short-term entertainment at best.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Nope.... just nope.... XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Um . . . okay? Cool.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nope.... just nope.... R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:41 pm

:derp:
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Nope.... just nope.... 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Thank you Captain Obvious.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:28 pm

what did you hope to accomplish?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 pm

I will say though, iOS games aren't short-term entertainment. I love them because they don't try and wow you with gorgeous graphics or a voice cast filled with A-list celebrities or anything like that. They go straight for what makes us gamers tick, the addictive gameplay. I've spent hours and hours on Infinity Blade and its sequel, Cause of Death, Jetpack Joyride, Gravity Guy, and Cut the Rope.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 pm

They're still shit. The only time they are remotely enjoyable is on a tedious train or bus ride.
And even then only for maximum half an hour at a time.
I just hate how critics and players alike praise them to the extreme whereas game developers that actually put in effort to make their games intriguing and immersive as possible get shunned or overlooked. These mini-games will be the death of the gaming industry as we know it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Nah man, you can play them wherever. They're cheap and easy to pick up and play no matter where you are, and that's the appeal of them. They're not going to kill the gaming industry though.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:50 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Nah man, you can play them wherever. They're cheap and easy to pick up and play no matter where you are, and that's the appeal of them. They're not going to kill the gaming industry though.

I bet a lot of good devs are ignoring consoles and just sticking to handhelds so they can get quick cash. Otherwise what's the point in spending years on a fleshed out console game that'll barely sell a million when you could spend a few months on a simple 2D mini phone game and get 5/10 million quite easily?

I avoid these games even when it comes to handheld gaming because they lose their appeal so quickly. They are one-trick ponies that might be "addictive" don't really go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 pm

The developers making console games are not the ones making iPhone games. You're not gonna see these huge developers like BioWare or Epic Games doing anything other than tiny little side games on the iPhone. Likewise, I'm not expecting Rovio to make a AAA PS3 title.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Smaller competent companies I mean. Like Backstab is an perfect example of a quality game by a small dev company. They could easily start making games like angry birds and make many more sales.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Well a lot of people beg to differ. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't good. They are mini-games. They are supposed to be short, not long, extensive, and story driven. Hence the name, mini.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:53 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Well a lot of people beg to differ. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't good. They are mini-games. They are supposed to be short, not long, extensive, and story driven. Hence the name, mini.

But they aren't called mini-games to my knowledge. I just called them that because it reminds me of those 5 second games you get in Warioware. Except there it's fun because you only play them for a few seconds and then the entire game changes.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 pm

I like iOS app games because they're good, addictive time killers, and they're not going to be replacing full gaming experiences ever.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 pm

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Sad part is dats gonna be like $30 for angry birds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nope.... just nope....   Nope.... just nope.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nope.... just nope....
Page 1 of 1