Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)

Go down 
+7
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
TheJubJub5721
Jack the Spectre
Pickles1337
Azazel
NoelX2
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Master Chief
 Nomad
View results
AuthorMessage
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:55 am

And didn't you, in just the other thread, mention that these glorified tech demo games are king in the industry? Or rather, agree with that notion?

You said it yourself: games that do different shit or break the mold don't sell as well. Crysis is perfect for that. They've even got that whole bullshit progression system in their multiplayer. I'm not going to predict and say for certain it'll turn into some milked franchise, but the way it's headed? Yeah.

PS: You also don't have to have huge sales to be milked.

Quote :
Do you like your heart like that?
My heart is as black as the band that my name came from and I love it. Come at me, bro.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:36 am

Ihsahn wrote:
@TRF: there is a complete possibility. FPS' get milked all the time.
True, but the way Crytek talks about their games it's like they spend all this extra time fine-tuning it and I doubt they'd turn it over to another developer. But you're right, there is a possibility. I just don't see it happening, but it very well could.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
And didn't you, in just the other thread, mention that these glorified tech demo games are king in the industry? Or rather, agree with that notion?

You said it yourself: games that do different shit or break the mold don't sell as well. Crysis is perfect for that. They've even got that whole bullshit progression system in their multiplayer. I'm not going to predict and say for certain it'll turn into some milked franchise, but the way it's headed? Yeah.

PS: You also don't have to have huge sales to be milked.

Quote :
Do you like your heart like that?
My heart is as black as the band that my name came from and I love it. Come at me, bro.

...I guess.

:afro:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Can the battle end in some epic way where they both die so I never have to see another Halo game or witness a franchise get milked?

Your poll sucks! MOAR OPTIONS
Why do you have to ruin this poll with your ignorance.....
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:12 pm

What am I ignorant about? ;_;
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Its just a poll for funz. No way to bring up hate here. Cheer up brah Razz
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
Its just a poll for funz. No way to bring up hate here. Cheer up brah Razz

Your definition of ignorance is lulz.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
The reading comprehension in this thread hurts my brain. Brofist, Hypnotoad, you understood. I was talking about Crysis. Halo was just Halo and now it's being milked for everything its worth because people will buy it. Halo Wars was a joke and so was ODST.

Gotta love Halo fanboys? Can't see past how shallow that game really is. Maybe if they'd actually incorporate much of the amazing storyline I keep hearing about in the books it'd be worth a damn. Though that still won't deter the children that corrupt the fanbase.

Yes.

I'm a halo fanboy. Anyone that defends a maintstream game is a fanboy. Let me guess it's too cool and simple for you? I made a mistake, get over yourself.

"Halo Wars a joke" LOL. Ofcourse it is. It's only the best RTS on consoles, but I guess since it has Halo in the title it must be mainstream and for children. Screw Micro$oft for trying to open up console gaming to RTSs. We all know they are just trying to milk the Halo name, it's not like it's a good series or anything.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Your butthurt and adamant remarks are only solidifying that you are a Halo fanboy. Can't blame me for assuming that one.

Best RTS on consoles 'cause there are no good ones. Herp derp?

As much as I like you taking everything out of context, I would like to inform you that RTS' simply don't work as well on consoles. The functionality and fluidity of its controls suck and you can only blame the controller on that. So while your kneejerk defense mechanism for your Xbox makes me laugh, do know that if Halo Wars was on the PC (a smarter decision; why it isn't is beyond me) it would be a better game (though still suck because it's shallow). Just like how some PC games play better on the consoles (racing games come to mind).

Halo Wars and ODST are the epitome of milkage and you know it. Same with almost every other spin off game.

Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
OMG EPIC CRYING FACE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:09 pm

You assume that I am butthurt because I'm defending Halo. I don't even play Halo that much anymore. In fact, I spend most of my gaming time now a days playing KZ3. I don't understand this mentality of hating on a popular game series. You claim that the Halo series is shallow but never explain why outside of "The storyline is bad!!!" That's a very subjective statement. For most people the story in Halo is either a hit or miss. Some people love it so much they go out and buy the Halo novels. Others don't like it because the characters don't have comic relief. Besides a game series doesn't have to be bad because you think the story isn't any good. You bring up ODST, what does that even have to do with anything? Yes, it was for "milkage". But pretty much every other game including Reach which came after ODST was a fresh, solid Halo game. Why is Halo so bad? What has it done to make it get as much hate as COD? Anyways, I also love how you assume Crysis will be milked. That's such a baseless assumption that I don't even know where to start...

BTW, what's up with you? Do you have a stick up your ass or something? The OP's question was "which would win in a fight? Nomad or Crysis?" and your response mirrors that of "both Halo and Crysis suck! That should have been a 3rd option." If you are trying to be smart and clever that's one thing, but come on GTFO.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Halo Wars and ODST are the epitome of milkage and you know it. Same with almost every other spin off game.
A spin-off game automatically means the franchise is being milked? I suppose then Crysis is being milked already since Warhead is a spin-off. Metal Gear has been milked for ages. Metal Gear Solid is milked. Killzone is milked. Resistance is milked. Dead Space is milked. Mass Effect is milked. God of War is milked. Uncharted is milked (NGP game on the way). LittleBigPlanet is milked.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too right. Halo's got a deep universe. Just because Bungie (or the studio behind Halo Wars) doesn't stick to Master Chief's story doesn't mean the franchise is being milked.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Only agree on one thing.

Halo Wars is a terrible RTS compared to RTS's of the like of Starcraft, Civilization, Rise of Nations, etc.

However, it would be better on PC ._.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Well yea. I think everyone can agree that RTS's are better on PCs. Halo Wars was pretty decent though for a console RTS. I certainly don't want MS to give up on it.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Well yea. I think everyone can agree that RTS's are better on PCs. Halo Wars was pretty decent though for a console RTS. I certainly don't want MS to give up on it.

I just want MS to go back to the PC gaming scene again...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 pm

And give up on Xbox? Ya that's not a smart idea. PC already has Valve and Steam. Plus I'm not for iconic 1st party Xbox games coming to the PC, because that would be counter-productive to the point of releasing the games as exclusives.

Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Quote :
I don't understand this mentality of hating on a popular game series.

You and the forum have this mentality that because the games I dislike are mostly mainstream that I must hate all of them. No, you see, much like mainstream music, what gets into the popularity tends to suck. It is not a "IF IT'S POPULAR IT SUCKS" issue. There is just a heavy correlation.

Quote :
You claim that the Halo series is shallow but never explain why outside of "The storyline is bad!!!" That's a very subjective statement.
YES. YES IT IS. Why is that so difficult to grasp? The rest of your post barely warrants a response after you finally realize this.

Quote :
Besides a game series doesn't have to be bad because you think the story isn't any good.
I don't know the story outside the game(s).

Quote :
You bring up ODST, what does that even have to do with anything? Yes, it was for "milkage". But pretty much every other game including Reach which came after ODST was a fresh, solid Halo game. Why is Halo so bad?
I brought up ODST in the first milked post so it has to do with everything. I just picked Halo Wars because to me it's the worst offender, though ODST on waste of space level is pretty high up there.

ODST and Halo Wars are shit. They're not only spin offs, but they're shit, too.
Quote :
What has it done to make it get as much hate as COD?
Man, COD is on a whole other level. Even as a Halo hater I don't even want you to compare the two games.

That said, I hate Halo primarily because it's just not a good game and everyone treats it as this AAA shit. Like I said, if the storyline from the books that is apparently soooooo good was implemented in the games maybe I'd give a damn. But as it stands the game is nothing more than a generic sci-fi story. It's cookie cutter as hell and it isn't executed well. What made the original Halo good for me was the unknowing, alone feeling you got. You didn't know a damn thing about the place you were on and they told the backstory of it all in a neat fashion. Once you went to Earth and you started to figure everything out it really stagnated to me. The ominous atmosphere was what really appealed to me; simple as that. The game went downhill by abandoning a lot of that. It's a shame because the ring worlds are cool.

I simply don't give a damn about any of the characters because there is nothing to care about. Master Chief is so... uninteresting. And a lot of the characters are filler.

Quote :
Anyways, I also love how you assume Crysis will be milked. That's such a baseless assumption that I don't even know where to start...
PC game that got dumbed down to sell more. Now has a lot of CoD elements in its multiplayer (or wherever it originated). I didn't say it was; I said there is a possibility. The possibility is just higher than something else, in my opinion.

Quote :
BTW, what's up with you? Do you have a stick up your ass or something? The OP's question was "which would win in a fight? Nomad or Crysis?" and your response mirrors that of "both Halo and Crysis suck! That should have been a 3rd option." If you are trying to be smart and clever that's one thing, but come on GTFO.
You did hit the nail on the head with the section I bolded.

The hypocrisy. It is delicious.

Quote :
A spin-off game automatically means the franchise is being milked? I suppose then Crysis is being milked already since Warhead is a spin-off. Metal Gear has been milked for ages. Metal Gear Solid is milked. Killzone is milked. Resistance is milked. Dead Space is milked. Mass Effect is milked. God of War is milked. Uncharted is milked (NGP game on the way). LittleBigPlanet is milked.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too right. Halo's got a deep universe. Just because Bungie (or the studio behind Halo Wars) doesn't stick to Master Chief's story doesn't mean the franchise is being milked.
Not quite. If it's a spin off and it sucks and its existence is completely pointless whether it be for technical reasons, platform reasons or gameplay reasons then it's being milked. There is no arbitrary x amount of games to be considered milked. Halo Wars is shallow and it doesn't belong on the 360. It feels half-assed and it's outshined by so many other RTS'. ODST is just a waste of space and has no business existing period.

I'm reluctant to call 2 and 3 milked because they drove the story along, but I did think they were the worst games in the series by far.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:31 am

Quote :
YES. YES IT IS. Why is that so difficult to grasp? The rest of your post barely warrants a response after you finally realize this.

I don't understand the point you are getting at. Was it that you are trying awfully hard to make yourself seem like an ass by shoving your opinion down other people's throats?

Quote :
I don't know the story outside the game(s).

You don't need to. If you've followed Halo since CE the story makes perfect sense. The universe is explained in detail through encyclopedias and novels, but it's not a necessity. Besides you act as if reading game novels to get a deeper feel of a game's universe is a chore. It's anything but. I read The Fall of Reach twice because I loved it so much the first time.

Quote :
I brought up ODST in the first milked post so it has to do with everything. I just picked Halo Wars because to me it's the worst offender, though ODST on waste of space level is pretty high up there.

ODST and Halo Wars are shit. They're not only spin offs, but they're shit, too.

Subjective statement is subjective. YOU think it's shit. Doesn't mean it IS shit. Still waiting for you to exactly explain why you hate Halo so much.

Quote :
That said, I hate Halo primarily because it's just not a good game and everyone treats it as this AAA shit. Like I said, if the storyline from the books that is apparently soooooo good was implemented in the games maybe I'd give a damn. But as it stands the game is nothing more than a generic sci-fi story. It's cookie cutter as hell and it isn't executed well. What made the original Halo good for me was the unknowing, alone feeling you got. You didn't know a damn thing about the place you were on and they told the backstory of it all in a neat fashion. Once you went to Earth and you started to figure everything out it really stagnated to me. The ominous atmosphere was what really appealed to me; simple as that. The game went downhill by abandoning a lot of that. It's a shame because the ring worlds are cool.

"It's just not a good game." Your ENTIRE arguement and reasoning of why you hate Halo is because you don't like the campaigns. Is there really nothing to games these days except story and cheap set piece moments? Has Halo ever really been known to have amazing storytelling? I mean a good story is a good story, but to call a game SHIT simply because you didn't like its story seems a bit excessive. Especially when the sequels focused more on gameplay refining and multiplayer. I play Halo's single player campaign for maybe 7 hours and then drop dozens on the multiplayer. The first was AAA because it suprised everyone and for some of the reasons that you listed. The rest were AAA because of the amazing multiplayer and gameplay. Yes, I agree that Bungie should have done a better job making the characters seem more interesting and unique to the story, but I'm not going to be a full-blown Halo hater about it. Oh wait...NVM I guess multiplayer FPS games are too simple and mainstream for you. So they suck. And yes I'm going to assume you are a gaming hipster. You've displayed nothing but hate towards games that are rated highly and are mainstream; most of the time, not even giving really good reasons as to why you hate them.

Quote :
You did hit the nail on the head with the section I bolded.

The hypocrisy. It is delicious.

Me no follow. You are going to have to explain it to this incompetent monkey.

Quote :
Not quite. If it's a spin off and it sucks and its existence is completely pointless whether it be for technical reasons, platform reasons or gameplay reasons then it's being milked. There is no arbitrary x amount of games to be considered milked. Halo Wars is shallow and it doesn't belong on the 360. It feels half-assed and it's outshined by so many other RTS'. ODST is just a waste of space and has no business existing period.

ODST was aiming to provide a new perspective and to put you in the shoes of a non-Spartan in the Halo universe. Interesting concept. The campaign in ODST was okay, but not great. Firefight was a successful experiment, and was brought back and improved in Halo: Reach.

You keep insulting Halo Wars because you think all RTS's belong on the master race. Let me just remind you that FPS's were also deemed bad on consoles in the same way RTS's are today. Halo Wars has potential. If MS works to improve it then Halo Wars could very well be the Halo CE of the RTS genre. AKA popularizing RTS's on consoles and being the leading example of how it should be done. So the only thing that shouldn't exist is your negativity towards their efforts.

Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:20 am

Hypnotoad wrote:
Only agree on one thing.

Halo Wars is a terrible RTS compared to RTS's of the like of Starcraft, Civilization, Rise of Nations, etc.

However, it would be better on PC ._.

For consoles it is a pretty good RTS, I prefer it over EndWar.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 am

You should have made this poll about how many spartans just 1 Warhammer space marine can kill.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:56 am

Quote :
I don't understand the point you are getting at. Was it that you are trying awfully hard to make yourself seem like an ass by shoving your opinion down other people's throats?
Nopes. There is no animosity in any of my postings so if people get defensive and angry then it's their own fault. I just have conviction behind my opinions. Excuse me for being a human being that actually cares.

Quote :
You don't need to. If you've followed Halo since CE the story makes perfect sense. The universe is explained in detail through encyclopedias and novels, but it's not a necessity. Besides you act as if reading game novels to get a deeper feel of a game's universe is a chore. It's anything but. I read The Fall of Reach twice because I loved it so much the first time.
The story does make sense, but it sucks. And apparently the novels are supposed to be better, whether it be through expanding/explaining the game's story or just giving depth to the universe. So what I'm saying is that this great universe and story everyone's talking about isn't being told through the games, but rather the book's. So while in the grand scheme of things the Halo universe may be good, the goodness doesn't leak into the games.

Quote :
Subjective statement is subjective. YOU think it's shit. Doesn't mean it IS shit. Still waiting for you to exactly explain why you hate Halo so much.
Of course it's subjective. You're debating my opinion and I'm telling you from my perspective that the game(s) are shit. I don't need to tag I THINK or IMO to my sentences when I say an opinion.

I've given my reasons. Did you not read the very same quote you quoted below? Don't make me type it out AGAIN.

Quote :
"It's just not a good game." Your ENTIRE arguement and reasoning of why you hate Halo is because you don't like the campaigns.
Yes. Exactly. What else is there? The campaign encompasses gameplay and story, you know.

Quote :
Is there really nothing to games these days except story and cheap set piece moments? Has Halo ever really been known to have amazing storytelling? I mean a good story is a good story, but to call a game SHIT simply because you didn't like its story seems a bit excessive.

No, but I've said many times that I am not into shooting games anymore. Rarely do I like shooting games and usually it's because of the presence of another element. At its core, Halo's gameplay is still not that amazing. I've never liked vehicle combat in any game because it always gets abused. The guns have almost no skill ceiling. Halo is a low-skill ceiling game in comparison to FPS' like Quake and Counterstrike. Most of the guns have shitty feedback, too (this goes for the whole series, not just the latter Halo's. The assault rifle in Halo CE, the plasma rifle in every game, the SMGs in 2 etc).

Last but not least I am very picky about my sci-fi. The genre does not appeal to me in any medium save for rare exceptions (Ender's Game is a good book).

Quote :
Especially when the sequels focused more on gameplay refining and multiplayer. I play Halo's single player campaign for maybe 7 hours and then drop dozens on the multiplayer. The first was AAA because it suprised everyone and for some of the reasons that you listed. The rest were AAA because of the amazing multiplayer and gameplay. Yes, I agree that Bungie should have done a better job making the characters seem more interesting and unique to the story, but I'm not going to be a full-blown Halo hater about it.
Soooo a game deserves a get out of jail free card because it has better multiplayer (which is entirely debatable)? Maybe if the game was a multiplayer title only I'd consider Halo a better game, but it has a singleplayer and it sucks.

You can pull off an amazing campaign and have good multiplayer y'know. See COD4.

Quote :
Oh wait...NVM I guess multiplayer FPS games are too simple and mainstream for you. So they suck. And yes I'm going to assume you are a gaming hipster. You've displayed nothing but hate towards games that are rated highly and are mainstream; most of the time, not even giving really good reasons as to why you hate them.
I don't think you understand what a hipster means. Again, this is a correlation. The problem is that these mainstream games are mostly shooter games so they tend to be the opposite end of the spectrum of my tastes. They end up being executed poorly so they fail in creativity and execution. Funnily enough I'm downloading Starcraft 2 right now (which also has a shitty singleplayer from what I hear), which I just bought. Oh noez a mainstream gaem omagawd!1!!1 all my indie cred is gone!!11 I dun care tho cuz the word hipster is 2 mainstream!111

But hey, if you wanna live in denial go for it. Maybe you'll start telling me we staged the moon landing or 9/11 was done by the government.

If you're actually curious I will gladly give you reasons to what games I don't like. There is no game I don't like for the sake of not liking.

Quote :
Me no follow. You are going to have to explain it to this incompetent monkey.
You say I have something up my ass yet your responses are vehement. You're doing the exact same thing you accuse me of. You're slinging insults around (like hipster - don't tell me it isn't one) as well. That makes you a hypocrite.

Make sense?

Quote :
ODST was aiming to provide a new perspective and to put you in the shoes of a non-Spartan in the Halo universe. Interesting concept. The campaign in ODST was okay, but not great. Firefight was a successful experiment, and was brought back and improved in Halo: Reach.
Everyone knows ODST sucks. Yes, Firefight was a great addition, but $60 for the SAME multiplayer and a half-assed campaign? Sorry. No thanks. It's a game that embodies being milked.

Quote :
You keep insulting Halo Wars because you think all RTS's belong on the master race. Let me just remind you that FPS's were also deemed bad on consoles in the same way RTS's are today. Halo Wars has potential. If MS works to improve it then Halo Wars could very well be the Halo CE of the RTS genre. AKA popularizing RTS's on consoles and being the leading example of how it should be done. So the only thing that shouldn't exist is your negativity towards their efforts.
So why didn't they just release it as a multiplat?

Simply put RTS' belong on a PC. Unless the controllers evolve into something as fluid and accurate as a M/K with the same functionality, RTS' will always play bad on the console. It's simply not the genre for a console. That's not a bad thing at all. What is bad is releasing an RTS exclusively on the console.

This is disregarding the shallowness of the game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 am

Can someone please lock this thread? The fun is ruined out of it......
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:11 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
You should have made this poll about how many spartans just 1 Warhammer space marine can kill.
I never played warhammer but those marines have to be freaking nuke ressistant if they can take on multiple spartans. O_o
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 am

Ihsahn I understand it's your opinion but I think it is a bit excessive and unreasonable to hate a series and call it a milked franchise because you didn't like the game series' story. I'm not going to go quote by quote to reply to each of your statements, but no I'm not a hypocrite for merely replying to your first post. I don't like people who try to act like they are smart by throwing around baseless statements and then try to get away with it by expecting no one to reply to it. Right off the bat you called me a Halo fanboy and implied I'm some sort of Xbot. I'm not a huge fan of Halo and never was, but comparatively if you even remotely tolerate FPS games then Halo generally wouldn't be the first game I'd think of that you'd call "a shit game." I also don't think that a series should be judged for one sucky spin-off.

Don't know if you've played Reach, but it did go back to it's roots. Bungie tried to bring back the sense of scale and mystery that CE had. There were also alot of nostalgic moments in the campaign, and generally (minus the yet again bland characters) it was FUN. Space battles and low-gravity battles ftw. I thought it stacked up well against CE's campaign.

Anyways, let's get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:59 am

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Ihsahn I understand it's your opinion but I think it is a bit excessive and unreasonable to hate a series and call it a milked franchise because you didn't like the game series' story. I'm not going to go quote by quote to reply to each of your statements, but no I'm not a hypocrite for merely replying to your first post. I don't like people who try to act like they are smart by throwing around baseless statements and then try to get away with it by expecting no one to reply to it. Right off the bat you called me a Halo fanboy and implied I'm some sort of Xbot. I'm not a huge fan of Halo and never was, but comparatively if you even remotely tolerate FPS games then Halo generally wouldn't be the first game I'd think of that you'd call "a shit game." I also don't think that a series should be judged for one sucky spin-off.

Don't know if you've played Reach, but it did go back to it's roots. Bungie tried to bring back the sense of scale and mystery that CE had. There were also alot of nostalgic moments in the campaign, and generally (minus the yet again bland characters) it was FUN. Space battles and low-gravity battles ftw. I thought it stacked up well against CE's campaign.

Anyways, let's get back on topic.
Thank you alan Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis)   Who would win in a battle: Master chief (halo) V.S Nomad (crysis) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next