Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!

Go down 
+6
Mr Canai Spy
Jack the Spectre
BioDemon
Based Sonji
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Chobo wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Mecha, even though the PS3 has Blu-Ray, the 360 arguably has way more multimedia features.

Netflix

Amazon Instant Video

Hulu Plus

Vudu

Music Unlimited

Video Unlimited

PS Store movies

Full fledged Internet Browser

Blu-Ray

I'd say the PS3 is a pretty damn good multi-media machine.

And at least you don't have to have PSN+ for these features unlike XBL where you must have a gold account.

The only reason the PS3 lost was the hefty price early on.

xBOX HAS zUNE. iT TRUMPS ALL.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 8:54 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Mecha wrote:
But Xbox 360 isn't the winner of this generation now is it.
No, but it beat the PS3. The last two generations won based on their multimedia features. If you read, I explained already that the Wii won because DVD and CD players were commonplace in most households so the hardware wasn't as important. Blu-Ray players are not, however, and with the advent of movie and television streaming, the console that best does these things will win.

No, this debate was about the console with the most multimedia features would win next-gen. I was trying to prove that it isn't entirely true, based on this current generation. Wii doesn't have as much multimedia features as the PS3 or Xbox 360, yet it still won. So there is no reason to expect the console with the most multimedia features will win next-gen.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:05 pm

There absolutely is reason, Mecha. CD and DVD players were expensive back in the days of PSone and PS2, respectively. Now DVD players are cheap. That's why people didn't say, "The Wii doesn't have a DVD player? Lame!" No one cared that it was lacking DVD capability, because DVD players were so cheap at that point that most people could buy one at a low cost anyway.

Blu-Ray has risen and increased in popularity, but Blu-Ray players can still be expensive. HDTVs are incredibly popular now. People want Blu-Ray but don't want to pay for a player separately because of the price. The console that packs that, plus streaming (since that is also on the rise), will be the most popular.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 Tumblr23

Still though, a separate Blu-ray player is pretty cheap now. You can get one for around $79.99. Hell, everyone I know has a Blu-ray player.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 XidKdMN
New York

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 pm

$79.99 is still expensive for some people. BR players are less expensive than they used to be, but they're still at a price point where you would be more inclined to buy one if it had extra functions like gaming and streaming and whatnot.

Whereas you can now buy DVD players for $30 or less.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Nigga please. I wipe my ass with $79.99. $79.99 ain't shit.

Plus the separate Blu-ray player is a lot better than PS3's Blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm

I'd rather spend the $79.99 on a new game rather than a separate Blu-Ray player.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:50 am

Mecha wrote:
Nigga please. I wipe my ass with $79.99. $79.99 ain't shit.

Plus the separate Blu-ray player is a lot better than PS3's Blu-ray.
Regardless of whether or not it's better, next-gen gaming consoles will come packaged with a Blu-Ray player and that will be enticing to people.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:38 pm

If they want to cash in the casuals, it better come packed in with a Kinect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:14 am

Looks like this might be real after all.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/21/website-ordered-to-remove-xbox-720-leaked-document/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!    Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Leak Reveals "Xbox 720" DVR, HD Kinect, AR Glasses & MORE!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2