Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy

Go down 
+2
Pein
Jack the Spectre
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy Empty
PostSubject: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:26 am

Quote :
If you’ve been following the latest Bulletstorm news, you might have heard a recent controversy regarding the game and Fox News where they said the game "turns people into rapists." Mike Capps, Epic Games President, had this to say about the situation while talking to Industrygamers:

"There are two ways to answer the question. The first is what it does for Bulletstorm and the second is what it does for the industry. For what it did for Bulletstorm... yes, there were people who were very excited about any attention at all. For a game that's over-the-top, they probably helped sell more units than they convinced people to pick at us."

He was also pleased that the industry media defended it, saying, “Every journalist said this Fox report is junk... It's wonderful to see a media that's defending free speech."

Bulletstorm has only been out for a couple of weeks and it’s doing quite well, at least according Mike Capps. "We got a reorder on day one from one of the big U.S. retailers that focuses on games," Capps told us during GDC, likely referring to GameStop. "So that was a pretty good feeling."

I’m guessing that including a Gears of War 3 beta invite with Bulletstorm: Epic Edition certainly helped just a wee bit. So, what other games out there should Fox News “help” out next?

LMAO once again fox news fails. Thanks for the free advertising. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 am

When I read their article, I thought, "This is only going to boost the sales of a game that normally wouldn't be known to most people."

Kind of like the whole controversy with the drink Four Loko, which sold like hot cakes once the government made a big deal about banning it.

Common sense: it's really not that common anymore.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 am

LOL!! thanks fox for helping epic and people can fly some money ROFL
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:40 am

TRF wrote:
When I read their article, I thought, "This is only going to boost the sales of a game that normally wouldn't be known to most people."

Kind of like the whole controversy with the drink Four Loko, which sold like hot cakes once the government made a big deal about banning it.

guess that means if Mortal Kombat is let into australia, it will sell like Hot Cakes.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:04 pm

chobo500 wrote:
TRF wrote:

guess that means if Mortal Kombat is let into australia, it will sell like Hot Cakes.
Wouldn't shock me.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Damn, they should do that with every violent game released. Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy 725796345
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Most gaming companies now will use shock value to get it on the news for controversy, as a marketing tactic which spreads recognition and saves the company money. I believe Grand Theft Auto and various Call of Duty games use the same tactic.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 pm

I doubt shock value is put in there just to boost sales.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:10 pm

TRF wrote:

I was not trying to imply it was the only reason.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:01 pm

TRF wrote:

eh, seems legit when you look at most of the M-rated games.

Also @thread gives me an idea for advertising my game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy   Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulletstorm Sales Helped by Fox News Controversy
Page 1 of 1