Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weddings are retarded

Go down 
+11
Bluenose
Jack the Spectre
BioDemon
NoelX2
The Enkindler
Quitelikeican
Hydell
Stoney
mistur_cheef
Mecha
Orc
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Weddings are retarded Empty
PostSubject: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:48 am

The most idiotic, self-indulgent waste of cash ever.

My sister is getting married this year and has invited about 90 people to her wedding.
Guess how much they estimate it shall cost.

thirty fucking thousand

They're not even going all-out on this.
How the fuck can people pay even that much for ONE DAY?

I can go to a theme park for 1 thousandth of that price. Yeah, £30 and have 100x more fun than at any wedding.

Weddings are a complete joke and people shouldn't be allowed to just waste money like that. Even cheaper weddings are a waste of cash. I don't get what possesses people to have weddings, let alone weddings costing £10,000 or more.

Just don't tell my sister this.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Weddings are retarded R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:01 am

One of my friends got married not too long ago. I knew it wasn't a good idea because he was with her for only 2 months. They later got divorced days after the wedding. After all the money that was spent too.
Back to top Go down
mistur_cheef
Villager
Villager
mistur_cheef

Stature : 0
New York

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:21 am

I agree on the price being stupid as it is, but my parents had the most simplest wedding ever which cost almost nothing. We then had a party for about two or three days and still cost almost nothing, this was also back in the mid 90's.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 am

^^^

Mid-nineties? Then how do you remember that?

Weddings are retarded 725796345
Back to top Go down
mistur_cheef
Villager
Villager
mistur_cheef

New York

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:27 am

Good question, I was about two or three. You tell me.....
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:46 am

mistur_cheef wrote:
I agree on the price being stupid as it is, but my parents had the most simplest wedding ever which cost almost nothing. We then had a party for about two or three days and still cost almost nothing, this was also back in the mid 90's.

My parents had a, not cheap, but pretty inexpensive wedding. The reception was at their favourite small restaurant. To be honest, that's a wedding I can't point a finger at because it's a happy gathering that isn't trying to show off or anything. I mean they were well off but weren't at all rich at the time and so it would be stupid to throw away all their money on one single day. Especially when so many weddings just end in divorce anyway.
Back to top Go down
mistur_cheef
Villager
Villager
mistur_cheef

New York

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:50 am

Lykos wrote:
mistur_cheef wrote:

My parents had a, not cheap, but pretty inexpensive wedding. The reception was at their favourite small restaurant. To be honest, that's a wedding I can't point a finger at because it's a happy gathering that isn't trying to show off or anything. I mean they were well off but weren't at all rich at the time and so it would be stupid to throw away all their money on one single day. Especially when so many weddings just end in divorce anyway.
I agree, it seems people are getting married too quickly and end up divorcing soon after. These people who spend insane amounts of money just for a one day thing are stupid and waste their money. That also goes for the people who spend all that money on a girl's 16th birthday as well, just oh so pointless....
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 am

^
Yep. I hate wasting money.... unless it goes towards alcohol. Then it's not a waste.
Back to top Go down
mistur_cheef
Villager
Villager
mistur_cheef

New York

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:18 pm

I don't totally agree with your last statement. Replace "alcohol" with "computer equipment" and I will agree 100%. lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Being a very skeptical person i totally agree with you lykos. There is no practical advantage of marrying besides benefits you should be able to get without marriage aswell.

Hurrr some fucking priest said ur husband and wife that makes it official like you need permission to love eachother DERP.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Marriage is a trap.

You are stuck with the same person for life and they get to take half your shit if you divorce.

Fuck that.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Fuck. I hope gay marriage doesn't get legalized or my next successful relationship might result in me getting pressurised into this shit.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Lykos wrote:
Fuck. I hope gay marriage doesn't get legalized or my next successful relationship might result in me getting pressurised into this shit.

Your trolling was successful for a while, brah, we know, well I know, you're not a pudding bender.

:face:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Don't like that term.... sounds odd. Razz

And err how would you know what my sexual orientation is? lol but yeah I am a homo. Don't see why you think otherwise but fair play bro.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Lykos wrote:
Don't like that term.... sounds odd. Razz

And err how would you know what my sexual orientation is? lol but yeah I am a homo. Don't see why you think otherwise but fair play bro.

Just a few other threads, whatever you say, I believe you ........

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:45 pm

lolkay.
Not that it's a particularly important thing. Outside the bedroom this doesn't affect me or anyone else I love you
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:02 pm

We all know that you're a closet heterosexual. Don't worry we won't judge you for liking vaginas.
Back to top Go down
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:51 am

The only people I'd imagine complaining about weddings being retarded are the people who have no love in their lives and who are forever alone. It's like the people who complain about Valentine's Day, they only complain because they can't get a date.
Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Weddings are retarded R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:06 am

Even if we had a date, Valentine's Day is still gay. What makes that day so special from all the others days you do with your girlfriend? It's not like it's your anniversary or anything, so what's the point?
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:19 am

Valentine's Day should be called "Heart's Day" cause that day looks like a dedication to beating Hearts.
So yeah, from now on I will dedicate that day to my lovely heart that keeps on pumping blood all over my body, thus keeping me alive.
The chocolate Hearts ain't that bad though. Weddings are retarded 2505020059
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Quitelikeican wrote:
The only people I'd imagine complaining about weddings being retarded are the people who have no love in their lives and who are forever alone. It's like the people who complain about Valentine's Day, they only complain because they can't get a date.

Bitch, please. I've dated girls hotter than the ones you have pinned up on your wall. Valentines day is self-indulgent idiocy.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Valentine's day is just stupid. It's not that I can't get anyone, I get requests all the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 pm

From a happily engaged man: Valentines day is fucking retarded.

I guess you're going to have to expand your imagination, Kendo.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Weddings are retarded XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Lykos, is your issue with weddings or with marriage? 'Cuz I agree that it's stupid to spend so much on a wedding, but the concept of marriage is okay in my book.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:16 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Lykos, is your issue with weddings or with marriage? 'Cuz I agree that it's stupid to spend so much on a wedding, but the concept of marriage is okay in my book.

Oh yeah sure marriage is fine and all. But when you're spending 10's of thousands and upwards on the wedding, that is ridiculous. Imagine all of the stuff you can do with that money. Travel round the world multiple times (proper honeymoon), start saving up for a fucking dream house, drink yourself silly everyday, hire a hitman to kill your wife... the possibilities are endless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weddings are retarded   Weddings are retarded I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weddings are retarded
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next