Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a few minor suggestions

Go down 
+2
Mecha
Orc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Just a few minor suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:05 pm

On the profile/memberlist why do we have "humour"? Considering it's a gaming forum could it be changed to something more relevant, like "now playing" or "favourite game".

2. There is a multiplats section but erm, I think we should have a seperate multiplats section for handhelds. BUT instead of making a new section, check if forummotion has the option to let members kind of "dual-post". So lets say you go on Vita thread but have something both 3DS and Vita related, you check a box and the thread is available in both sections. I don't know if this is possible but I think it would be handy. Worth checking out right?

3.We've had this forum design for a while and quite frankly... I don't really like it. Yet again I don't know what forum-motion will let you do but would it be possible to add console logos on the appropriate sections? Just small things like that to make it more eyecatching and interesting for new members.

4.How about advertising the site? I mean people aren't going to just stumble across this, we really need to start sending the link to friends on youtube or other sites. Or joining other forums and advertising this forum there.

Thank you for reading.
<3
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Just a few minor suggestions R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:18 pm

The forum's design got boring.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:36 pm

I don't really know if we need a multiplat handheld section as most handheld games are exclusives but i do think we could use some advertisement....Only IDK how. :/
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:56 pm

^ No re-read, no a section. Just a feature where a post automatically embeds itself in the two seperate sections.
And yeah I'll talk to some more of my nerdier irl mates and see if I can get some to actually not just only join but stick around.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 pm

^^

2) Forummotion doesn't allow that.

Everything else is possible.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 pm

^ Cool can you try to get things rolling?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 pm

^^

I'll need Blixt to help with the design things you want. I'll discuss the theme with Reaper. Gonna change the Humor thing now.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:04 pm

^ Awesome man. Glad you're already getting on top of this. Admin of the year award.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:35 pm

I liked the humour. Sad

Oh and lets do the forum design thing next friday? Might not be able to get on tomorrow much, and the rest of the week I have school and massive work to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 pm

^^

I'm down.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:50 pm

Make that next thursday, I forgot that I'm going to Orlando florida this spring break. O.O
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Just a few minor suggestions R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:55 pm

Florida? Don't they have Cuban mobsters and mothers killing their own children there?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:57 pm

I heard they're going for black kids wearing hoodies now.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Just a few minor suggestions PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

These are all great additions and as for advertising we should extend our branches more. For example, Make a 'Like' page on Facebook & a G7 Twitter account also upload more to YouTube and make sure to advertise (i.e. "Don't forget to check out G7gaming.net and become a member.") at the end of every video with a cool G7 intro & outro. Those are just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Just a few minor suggestions StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:56 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

I'll need Blixt to help with the design things you want. I'll discuss the theme with Reaper. Gonna change the Humor thing now.
I would avoid using different kinds of blacks and greys.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:11 pm

One more thing.
A subsection for steam seems unnecessary. Merge it with one of the PC sections (probably games), and just make a comment on that section saying it involves discussions about steam or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a few minor suggestions   Just a few minor suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a few minor suggestions
Page 1 of 1