Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum initiatives.

Go down 
+8
CleverCatchPhrase
Bluenose
NoelX2
Chobo
Archduke
Mecha
Orc
The_Biotic_God
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:41 pm

-Bring back the rep system.

But make it to where you can't give people negative reputation. That way people aren't discouraged from posting controversial opinions (and it'll stop people from abusing it), but the really well thought out posts gets some recognition.

-Cut out the off-topic inactive sections

As a general gaming forum, we really shouldn't have that many off-topic subsections. Just cut out the inactive ones.

-Thread Starter Kudos system

OPs of very active threads get additional positive reputation. This will help members try to make their threads more interesting. I'm tired of seeing short lived threads. So I think this will help motivate people. You can scale it too. If your thread hits 5 pages, you get +5 reputation. Your thread hits 10 pages, you get +10 reputation, etc.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Totally back these ideas.
I liked the rep system from the start but yeah it got abused, and by having a lack of negative will surely improve things.

And admins you know you can do it... remember back in the day I gave you about 8 ideas and you put about 5 in place soon after. http://www.g7gaming.net/t1047-to-the-admins

Get these things sorted out and I think next in line we can begin thinking about how to expand this place... get more new members
and think about what we have to offer what other forum don't... how we can get these people to stay.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Forum initiatives. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:44 pm

As long as the movie section doesn't get removed I'm cool.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Mecha wrote:
As long as the movie section doesn't get removed I'm cool.

Movie section is active for the most part so don't worry.

The Art and Music section may as well be part of the general off-topic subforum though.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Can somebody get rid of the wii network section plz? The wii's online is shit and there are almost no posts there anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Duke wrote:
Can somebody get rid of the wii network section plz? The wii's online is shit and there are almost no posts there anyways.

Exactly. It's inactive and unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Some of the Xbox sections are very inactive as well.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:55 pm

Mecha wrote:

They're pretty active...And there is only like 4 Xbox subsections to beging with...
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Forum initiatives. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:56 pm

I say merge all of the Last gen sections into one section.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:02 am

Chobo wrote:
I say merge all of the Last gen sections into one section.

Good idea.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Mecha wrote:

They're pretty active...And there is only like 4 Xbox subsections to beging with...

Not the Xbox section.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:20 am

The original Xbox section was merged with the latest "last gen" section.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:24 am

What last gen section?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:29 am

Mecha wrote:
What last gen section?

Sonji just removed it lol....Dunno why...

Anyways that's what we're planning to do.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:59 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
-Thread Starter Kudos system

OPs of very active threads get additional positive reputation. This will help members try to make their threads more interesting. I'm tired of seeing short lived threads. So I think this will help motivate people. You can scale it too. If your thread hits 5 pages, you get +5 reputation. Your thread hits 10 pages, you get +10 reputation, etc.
So is that the "points"?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Forum initiatives. Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:33 am

So wait, what needs completion now? Did Sonji cover most of it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:38 am

Shouldn't an admin discuss this with the Staff first before changing anything?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Forum initiatives. Empty

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:39 am

Not really. I think most people agree with the changes. I still have reserves about the rep system though.

-Edit, I'm also combining the PSP section with the PSvita section.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:02 am

If we want to attract new members we are going to need to have topics on some of the latest bits of news on the console sections.

So should we strive to make new threads on every modern gaming system section everyday?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Forum initiatives. Empty

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:37 am

Mecha does a pretty good job with that. But yes, more would be beneficial.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Me gusta ideas aaannndddd me gusta the fact that ALAN IS BACK!!!! OMGONGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOGMGG Forum initiatives. 2505020059 Forum initiatives. 2505020059 Forum initiatives. 2505020059 Forum initiatives. 2505020059 Forum initiatives. 2505020059
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Teckno wrote:
So wait, what needs completion now? Did Sonji cover most of it?

As far as I can tell none of the ideas have been implemented.

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:05 pm

2/3 of the ideas can't even be implemented.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Alright, Alan. I backed you up on all this but I have to criticize you right now.

Noticing the lack of new gaming discussion threads, I made a new one for people to discuss games that they expected to flop but turned out really good.

It began with a few relevant posts but then you go in, ignore the thread, go off topic and start bashing my opinion and calling me a hipster.

It's clear you don't want this forum to succeed as much as you would let people believe.
Grow up please.

Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:33 am

Lykos wrote:
Alright, Alan. I backed you up on all this but I have to criticize you right now.

Noticing the lack of new gaming discussion threads, I made a new one for people to discuss games that they expected to flop but turned out really good.

It began with a few relevant posts but then you go in, ignore the thread, go off topic and start bashing my opinion and calling me a hipster.

It's clear you don't want this forum to succeed as much as you would let people believe.
Grow up please.

I need a link to that thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

Forum initiatives. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum initiatives.   Forum initiatives. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum initiatives.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next