Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changes to the Forum

Go down 
+13
NoelX2
Last Order
Orc
Bluenose
RamboOnRedBull
Orion
Angelus
Mecha
yonny616
Stigma
Archduke
2Sugoi2Die
Chobo
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Changes to the Forum ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Changes to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Hey all kinky

I've made a few changes to the forum, so try to take advantage before Teckno undoes all my hard work.   I love you
I replaced most emoticons with gaming related ones.  This way, even though most threads are about movies or comics, we can preserve the ambiance of a gaming forum.  I'd like to make the buttons more gaming related, but that's difficult since we're so general, and I don't want it to seem like we're dedicated to a specific game or console.  :disgusting:

So just keep doing what you normally do, and enjoy the new smileys while they last.  creamy hello

Last edited by Angelus on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Changes to the Forum R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 pm

dood!
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Changes to the Forum 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Changes to the Forum 3128676713

Very nice man.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:08 am

Changes to the Forum 4240191902 This forum is very.......BLUE scratch IDK if that's just me or not? Either way, it's kinda weird.

That being said, these emote changes are awesome. Good Job Angelus. Changes to the Forum 2505020059 Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Changes to the Forum StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 am

Good work Ang-san! dood!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:37 am

Mecha wrote:
Just don't delete any of my threads or any Comic-book/superhero-related thread, okay Ang.

FTFY
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:39 am

I won't.  I've hidden the post count outside a user's profile.  If I can find a way to make it so that posts in the Off-Topic section don't count it'd be nice, but I don't think it's even possible on here.  Sleepy

Is there a colour you think would look better?  The orange was a bit weird.

Last edited by Sir Angelus Ignobilius on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:48 am

I just noticed that the Anime section has been renamed and replaced as a section discussing anything Japan, or relating to Japanese culture. Ok, was this necessary? LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:53 am

Archduke wrote:
I just noticed that the Anime section has been renamed and replaced as a section discussing anything Japan, or relating to Japanese culture. Ok, was this necessary? LOL Razz

Yeah.  That'll keep all the Japanese music, news and videos in a separate section.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:55 am

Everything looks so much better. Good work man. My Overlord!
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:04 am

There's still a few emotes missing, and I'd like to replace the remaining non-gaming related ones too, so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be nice.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:05 am

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
Archduke wrote:

Yeah.  That'll keep all the Japanese music, news and videos in a separate section.

Oh, alrighty then. That makes sense. troll

Keep the DSP Emotes, Please!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:14 am

Man, I;m fuck drunk that I don;t even know wtf is foing on?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:22 am

Mecha wrote:
Man, I;m fuck drunk that I don;t even know wtf is foing on?

And that's why you're always getting banned. bounce
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:32 am

I don't like the Archives section. Put those threads where they originally were.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Changes to the Forum PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:34 am

I love it. First day of admin and already making some great changes. troll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:42 am

You know what... I think it would be better if the Archives section should be for locked threads only. Some of the threads in that section are still relevant.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:00 am

Mecha wrote:
I don't like the Archives section. Put those threads where they originally were.

You're the reason it exists.  It's to reduce the over-saturation of Off-Topic sections.  scratch

yonny616 wrote:
I love it. First day of admin and already making some great changes. troll

I'm not even sure why I'm admin, lol, this is mostly stuff I've wanted to do for a while.  The smileys are still pretty incomplete, and the post buttons (quote, multi-quote, et cetera) could be better.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:14 am

To reduce the over-saturation of Off-Topic sections? WHAT!? First of all, a lot of those threads aren't even mine. Second, most of those threads aren't even from the Off-Topic section. I think you're doing a really good job as admin, but your reasons for creating the Archive section makes no sense. It would have been a far better idea if you added the locked threads into the that section instead.

You guys complain about me not posting stuff on the general threads, yet you have the general threads in the Archive section. Wasn't the point of general threads was to not over-saturate things? Like WTF!? It makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:43 am

If something shouldn't be there, you can request to have it taken back out, but the archive is there to prevent old miscellaneous or movie threads from being revived.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:54 am

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
If something shouldn't be there, you can request to have it taken back out, but the archive is there to prevent old miscellaneous or movie threads from being revived.

So if I want to make a comment on one of the Archive threads, I have to ask you and you'll put it back to it's original section?

*Sigh* You guys are really pushing it. First it's keeping everything in general threads, now this. I'm afraid what you guys are going to do next. If you guys really have a problem with me being so active, then why not just perma-ban me? Like seriously.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:56 am

All of the topics in the Archive section have had no activity in the past 140 days.  The auto-pruning is currently set to 365 days.  

If you don't want topics to get archived, keep them active.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:07 am

Just because they haven't been active for awhile, doesn't mean people can't start a new discussion on them later on. Like for example, once the new season for a TV show comes out next year, I can finally start discussing on the show. OR once the new X-Men movie comes out, I can update my list on the Rate Each X-Men Film Thread. And there's a lot more threads like those that I mentioned too. But now I can't, because you have them on that section you created.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:31 am

If a thread is that old, there isn't much value in reviving it.  You'd be better off just making a new thread, and starting a new discussion, rather than just bumping a dead thread no one else is even gonna reply to.  If you hate the archive section that much, I still have at least a few hours left as admin, so I can delete the entire section if you prefer.  

And keep in mind this is still a new thing.  If it doesn't work out, it isn't much of a hassle to just unlock it for you.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Changes to the Forum TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:59 am

Wow this great, real awesome job Noel!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Forum   Changes to the Forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes to the Forum
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next