Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)

Go down 
+5
TheJubJub5721
Archduke
Stoney
Ihsahn
Raziel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Raziel
Creep
Creep
Raziel

Stature : 0

L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) Empty
PostSubject: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) L-a-noire-playstation-3-ps3-00a

RELEASE DATE | May 17, 2011 (20 May for Europe)
GENRE | Adventure
DEVELOPER | Team Bondi
PUBLISHER | Rockstar Games
PLATFORMS | Playstation 3, Xbox 360
Presentation : LA Noire tells a detective story that takes place in Los Angeles in the late 1940s, in the context of postwar mingling corruption, drugs... The game cross action, investigation and complex narrative While presenting a series of murders to solve.

The Gameplay : contrary to what excepted L.A Noire isn't a GTA-like or sandbox game, LA Noire is an adventure game a thriller which you can shape the story (a bit like heavy rain). each case follow a logical process. It begins with a briefing at the police station, continues with the findings of fact and clues on the crime scene, to take a decisive turn in the interrogation/cons-examination of witnesses/suspects. It is precisely during the dialogue, you must take at regular intervals, a feeling (believe, disbelieve, doubt) and attitude (force, accuse, cajole) by pressing the corresponding buttons. If you've got hold of all the clues, reread the dialogs involved in the case (preserved in the appendix), you are able to judge the sincerity or not of your witness, and therefore to choose the right combinations . This allows then to push him into a corner so that he tells you critical elements necessary for further investigation (other locations, new characters). If, conversely, you are missing a fundamental clue and/or you do not choose the right choices during the interrogation, at worst you'll never get anything for your witness, at best you take up a series of questions to get back on your feet by a circuitous route. Multiplying indices to harvest (the number varies depending on the difficulty level adopted), places to visit and to interview witnesses, in any case there is many possible combinations, that justifies the huge work of writing.

Technologie behind the game :

SCREENSHOTS :

ign's images --> http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/760495/la-noire/images/la-noire-20110117095033974.html

Videos :

Trailer #1

Trailer #2

INFO :

- the game was initialy a PS3 exclusive.
- the first time revealed was back at 2006
- it's an Open world game, but not the same as gta or rdr
- the game is very realistic
- L.A. Noire Script Is Up To 22000 Pages Long, that's 11 times more than heavy rain's.
- 50 hours worth of dialogue in total.
- it's possible that you send to jail the wrong guy
- Each case has its own twists and turns depending on the choices you make.
- ther is some action in the game (gunfights, car chases...)
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Blar blar dev hype.

The technology behind it is pretty good, but we'll see how the game turns out. It not being developed by Rockstar worries me, even though their games haven't been that great as of late. I like the approach, though.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Out of all the games this year, we all know Mass Effect 3 will be delayed until Q1 2012, L.A Noire is the only one to get me proper hyped. Not even UC 3 or Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:02 pm

This game looks great. Too bad I'm getting Duke Nukem Forever, first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Games looking alright, I might pick it up. Not high on my list.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:10 am

L.A. NOIRE COVER ART REVEALED

Quote :
Today, Rockstar unveiled the official cover art for Team Bondi’s L.A. Noire. Check it out below:

L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) LANoire_xbox360ps3_coversheets_rev

Rockstar says that pre-order bonuses will be revealed tomorrow, and the Academic Gaming Network will keep you updated. L.A. Noire, developed in conjunction by Team Bondi and Rockstar Games and published by Rockstar Games, will release on May 17 in North America and May 20 in Europe for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
Read the full article here.
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Creep
Creep
Raziel

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 am

the cover looks.. ok I guess
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:28 pm

So this was the game by Rockstar that was supposed to be an exclusive for Ps3?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Pretty much the only game I'm hyped for this year. Gears 3 is okay but I'll wait a while for the price to go down.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:57 pm

L.A. NOIRE PRE-ORDER BONUSES DETAILED

Quote :
The pre-order bonuses for the upcoming Rockstar/Team Bondi collaboration, L.A. Noire, have been detailed on the official site.

Pre-order the game at GameStop and receive “The Naked City,” an exclusive mission in which “detective Cole Phelps investigates the supposed suicide of a stunning fashion model,” as well as “The Badge Pursuit,” which has players searching 1947 Los Angeles for twenty hidden police badges.

If you pre-order the game at Walmart, you will receive “A Slip of the Tongue,” a mission “in which a seemingly run of the mill car theft ends up sparking an explosive investigation into the largest auto fraud racket the city has ever seen.”

Those who pre-order through Amazon will receive “The Broderick Suit,” a detective suit which boosts Detective Cole Phelps’s hand-to-hand combat ability as well as his resilience to damage.

Best Buy customers will receive “The Sharpshooter Suit,” which boosts Phelps’s accuracy with pistols and rifles.

Finally, those who reserve the game early through the Rockstar Warehouse will receive a high-quality, all-cotton L.A. Noire t-shirt.

Players can crack down on crime in a faithful recreation of 1947 Los Angeles when L.A. Noire releases on May 17 in North America and May 20 on Europe for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
Read the full article here.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:26 am

Not digging the art cover
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOL

Pretty much the only game I'm hyped for this year. Gears 3 is okay but I'll wait a while for the price to go down.

that's agent.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:31 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOL

that's agent.
No, L.A. Noire was originally intended to be a PS3 exclusive as well IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Hopefully, in the future I'll be able to say "Agent was originally intended to be Ps3 exclusive".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)   L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L.A. Noire Thread (PS3|360)
Page 1 of 1