Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)

Go down 
+9
Pickles1337
2Sugoi2Die
Ihsahn
TheJubJub5721
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
NoelX2
Blixtstorm
Orc
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) Empty
PostSubject: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:44 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504464_162-20032790-504464.html

wow... that's ... :'( sad.
Strangely enough, I didn't realise I was playing this song while watching it (i forgot I left it playing in itunes)

and it actually works in a slightly weird way xD
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:53 am

No, the song did not match one bit.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:14 pm

I liked the trailer man. ITS ZOMBIES!!!! A GIRL GETS TURNED INTO A ZOMBIE!!!! OMG that is epic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:45 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
I liked the trailer man. ITS ZOMBIES!!!! A GIRL GETS TURNED INTO A ZOMBIE!!!! OMG that is epic.

Whats stranger is that the Producer of " The Mummy" film series has already began making a Dead Island movie. Go Figure?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107877-Dead-Island-Trailer-Buzz-Ensures-Movie-Deal

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/02/19/dead-island-movie/
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:28 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

Whats stranger is that the Producer of " The Mummy" film series has already began making a Dead Island movie. Go Figure?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107877-Dead-Island-Trailer-Buzz-Ensures-Movie-Deal

The movie is also said to be Memento-like even though the game is not, so basically the film is based on the trailer more than it is the game (the film follows the family in the trailer while the game follows four completely different protagonists).
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:47 pm

The trailer was awesome. Can't wait to see more/
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:21 pm

God this game is ancient. I remember seeing it years ago. I hope it lives up to its hype.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:54 am

Looks pretty cool. Wanted to see some gameplay!
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:36 am

I'll admit it. My eyes did get a little moist.

Though I can't keep thinking how Gears Of War did the same thing.

Then we played the actual game.

._.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 4:14 pm

BEST TRAILER EVER

finally a dev that has some BALLZ, cus little girls will be coming to get you in the zomb apoc not just randoms Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:

._.
I don't think you can compare the trailers in Gears of War to the trailer in Dead Island. Gears of War was just some shooting with some solemn music playing in the background. Dead Island has emotional visuals, with a man trying to defend his family and ultimately being forced to throw his own daughter out the window.

No comparison.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:19 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

._.
I don't think you can compare the trailers in Gears of War to the trailer in Dead Island. Gears of War was just some shooting with some solemn music playing in the background. Dead Island has emotional visuals, with a man trying to defend his family and ultimately being forced to throw his own daughter out the window.

No comparison.

Oh there's a comparison. In the Gears 2 trailer, Dom was upset about his missing wife, holding a picture of her. In the Gears 3, Dom notices an "ash statue"(?) of a mother and presumably her daughter that reminds him of his dead wife and the daughter they could have had.

The only difference is that we haven't actually seen the game. It might be Left 4 Dead all over again. More than likely since the 4 people you play as are "immune to the infection."

Also..."However Schreier urged caution, stating that Techland did not make the trailer and that 'everyone is hyped up about a short film, not the game itself.'"-Wikipedia.

So...yeah.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Am i the only person who was utterly unaffected?
Back to top Go down
DarthCueball
Merchant
Merchant
DarthCueball

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:12 pm

day 1 buy
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/DarthCueball]
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:03 am

Reaper wrote:

Yes. Yes you are. Here's your heart.

*Pulls out black sticky thing out of pocket*
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:16 am

Reaper wrote:
Nope. I want a gameplay trailer.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:33 am

Minecraft I love you
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:23 pm

TRF wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

The movie is also said to be Memento-like even though the game is not, so basically the film is based on the trailer more than it is the game (the film follows the family in the trailer while the game follows four completely different protagonists).
There's no movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:08 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
TRF wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

There's no movie.
Well there is, but I guess the developer hasn't sold the rights yet. But it is being planned.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:29 pm

LMAO the minecraft one XD
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:25 am

Blixtstorm wrote:

Minecraft I love you

Wow. Impressive.
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Creep
Creep
Raziel

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 pm

now the trailer is amazing, but it's not the kind of trailer i like. i mean yeah the music is great the mini story is kinda cool, but what the hell does it tells about the game. nothing it's an island and there's zombie in it that's it, no clue about the gameplay. the best trailers are the ones showing gameplay, and not alot of dev's have the balls to do it, it's usually just cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:34 pm

I agree, but it was more so the revival of the game. There wasn't any news or anything on it for ages. I think it's acceptable as long as they show us some of the game in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 am

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5c9BzohM4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)   Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Game Trailer in a while? (DEAD ISLAND)
Page 1 of 1