Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Dead Island Review

Go down 
+5
Mikenuge
Orc
Dam_Noir
BioDemon
TheJubJub5721
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Best Dead Island Review Empty
PostSubject: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 pm

All truth. The fun of this game WAY supersedes the bugs.

Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Agreed, the game is fucking fun as hell. I ran into a checkpoint glitch yesterday but it just got patched a few hours ago, having a blast.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:39 am

Mate, i'm loving this game. I do feel it's getting unfairly slated by most reviewers.

Borderlands had a shit story but nobody cared because it was all about the 4-player co-op. Unfortunately people don't say the same about Dead Island.

Such an underrated game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:12 am

The reviewer is getting on my nerves.
His annoying speech style aside, decent and fair review.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:19 am

I like this game but its buggy as a bug infected bugland full of buggy bugs

even the compass/radar thing is retarded

IT WILL DIRECT YOU TO A FUCKING DEAD END gay
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:27 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Mate, i'm loving this game. I do feel it's getting unfairly slated by most reviewers.

Borderlands had a shit story but nobody cared because it was all about the 4-player co-op. Unfortunately people don't say the same about Dead Island.

Such an underrated game.

Borderlands was all about the over-the-top weapons, 4 player co-op, and the hilarious pop culture references. Dead Island has 1 of those.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Mikenuge wrote:

Never had that problem Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:27 pm

super underrated game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:16 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

Such an underrated game.

Borderlands was all about the over-the-top weapons, 4 player co-op, and the hilarious pop culture references. Dead Island has 1 of those.

My Baseball bat fitted with a Circular saw blade says different, as does the 'Over 9000 achievement'.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:13 am

^^

My rocket launcher that shoots corrosive rockets that explode upon contact and my Psyonic Rifle that shoots concentrated blasts of energy say yes.

Also, ''Over 9000" is an achievement. I'm talking about in-game references.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:47 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

My rocket launcher that shoots corrosive rockets that explode upon contact and my Psyonic Rifle that shoots concentrated blasts of energy say yes.

Also, ''Over 9000" is an achievement. I'm talking about in-game references.

Don't talk to me about the weapons in Borderlands... I'm the serial slayer of the Sour Beast known as Crawmerax and i'm up to my eyeballs in Pearlescent weapons.

Besides Borderlands is set in the future on the fictional Alien planet Pandora, obviously the weapons are going to be more over the top than conventional weapons found on present day planet Earth...

Ok, when it comes to in-game references what about the weapons called the Pick of Destiny, Assassins Greed, Gabriel's Sledgehammer and Zed's Demise? Or the quests Let The Zombies Hit The Floor, Black Hawk Down, The Green Mile or Welcome to the Jungle? Or the two characters found together called Frank and Doctor West? Also Dead Island makes a reference to Monty Python. Nuff said.

Anyway, why does in-game pop-culture references become a massive factor as to whether a game is good or not? I mean i've heard of Graphics Whores and such but judging a game on whether it makes pop-culture references just takes the piss.

Last edited by Dam_Noir on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:09 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Mikenuge wrote:

Never had that problem Razz

Me and Mike had that with a quest. It lead us in to a rock face. With no route to the real quest target. We ran back and forth just to try to find the real way. lol
Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

Stature : 3
southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 pm

I've had no problems with this game and I've completed it, in my opinion - dead island is game of the year Best Dead Island Review 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Dead Island Review   Best Dead Island Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Dead Island Review
Page 1 of 1