Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Found Footage Films

Go down 
+3
yonny616
Chobo
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Found Footage Films R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Found Footage Films Empty
PostSubject: Found Footage Films   Found Footage Films I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:37 pm

I fucking hate found footage films! It's all one big fucking gimmick. I'll even go as far as to say that it's worse than fucking 3D. I would rather watch 1 Priest 1 Nun while eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream than to sit through another fucking found footage film. Sure the filmmakers can be creative with the genre, but that doesn't change the fact that your limiting the storytelling and the characters are fucking annoying. Worse part is that there are a lot more found footage films on the way. You would think that it couldn't possibly get any worse after the remakes and Saw sequels, but it did.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Found Footage Films 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Found Footage Films   Found Footage Films I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Yeah, the genre is getting rather annoying. but I really liked Chronicle, so hopefully it's going in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Found Footage Films PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Found Footage Films   Found Footage Films I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Saw was a found footage? confused
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Found Footage Films   Found Footage Films I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 5:02 pm

I'm confused on exactly what is a "Found Footage Film"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Found Footage Films StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Found Footage Films   Found Footage Films I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Teckno wrote:
Discovered film or video recordings, often left behind by missing or dead protagonists. Basically movies like Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch project.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Found Footage Films XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Found Footage Films   Found Footage Films I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 5:45 pm

My biggest issue is how these films are more concerned with looking authentic than actually being a good film. No one believes that the events in The Fourth Kind or The Devil Inside actually happened, so it's annoying when the latter film leaves out an ending for the sole purpose of trying to convey
authenticity that absolutely nobody is buying into.

Teckno wrote:
Chronicle is a more recent example, where all of the footage is taken from a camcorder or security camera. Other examples include REC, Paranormal Activity, The Blair Witch Project, The Last Exorcism, and Cloverfield.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Found Footage Films   Found Footage Films I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Oh well, Chronicle did a great job with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Found Footage Films   Found Footage Films I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Just saw Apollo 18, which was another found footage film. It was horrible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found Footage Films   Found Footage Films I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found Footage Films
Page 1 of 1