Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toxic reviews Uncharted 2

Go down 
+9
Chobo
Stigma
Mecha
TheJubJub5721
ghost23
Archduke
Bluenose
Stoney
RamboOnRedBull
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 Empty
PostSubject: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Hey guys its toxic and now that i have finished uncharted 2's campaign i decided to give a review of it. At first i was doubting if i should buy it because i am normally not the type to suddenly buy a game without playing a demo of sort. But i can easily say that this is now my favorite exclusive franchise on the PS3. (sorry infamous 2 Razz )

And now that i am not reviewing multiple games i can get into more detail.

Graphics/artstyle: Yes lets start with the best aspect of uncharted 2. ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS THAT THIS IS A 2009 GAME? SHIT EVEN ALOT OF GAMES IN 2011 COULDN'T EVEN TOUCH THESE GRAPHICS.

While the snowlevels aren't really that super impressive the jungle is simply fucking orgasmic. The lightning is super amazing and the water physics are really well done. Another amazing aspect is how detailed they go in how much snow is on nathan drake or how wet he gets by swimming. Although his hair always stays dry.....Whatever kind of hair gel he uses i want it. Razz

Either way when i thought it couldn't even get better i found the Shambhala lvl at the last chapters. God fucking dammit. :yey:

This really made me exited about the graphics of UC3.
10/10

Gameplay: The best part of Uncharted 2's gameplay is its non linear lvl design and variety in actions. Mainly i will be talking about Platforming, shooting and stealth. You also god puzzles but that is to easy and short to even mention.

The platforming in Uncharted 2 is very well done. While its not anything new and its obvious that it took idea's from older games it does it far better then games like tomb raider. The controls are smooth as fuck and the camera is always in a great position. Although one complaint is that you often get confused thanks to the lvl design. It hard to see what objects are just background scenery and what objects you need to climb on. Actually thats how i mostly died from.

The shooting in Uncharted is kinda mediocre. Its quite obvious that naughty dog didn't really pay that much attention to it as they rather want it to be an adventure game then a shooter which is understandable. But the aiming feels floaty and the gun physics feel all the same. And i still find it kind off a big deal because shooting is still a big part of uncharted.

Stealth is by far my favorite aspect. Like with platforming the gameplay is smooth and the camera never fucks up. The best part is that unlike real stealth games there is not really a pattern so you can take your enemies down however you want. And if you fuck up you can always shoot those motherfuckers down. Razz

You also got hand to hand combat and while it is kinda clunky and simple it does get the job done.

Basicly as an action adventure game the gameplay is really amazing and far superior over other but as a shooter it needs some work.
9/10

Story: I am most likely gonna get some hate for this but dammit i am just gonna say it. The storyline in Uncharted while it is good it is damn overrated.
Alot of UC fans often critize other games for being cliché but holy damn this game is so damn cliché and takes so many stereotypes from other movies it literally made me roll my eyes.

You got spike's on the wall, collapsing wooden bridges, about 10 times of nathan almost falling because he didn't make the edge but someone quickly grabs his arm, the antagonist saying at the end "you and i are not so different from eachother" >_>

I am also not a big fan of the characters. Nathan Drake is a typical hollywood pretty boy that always needs to make some sarcastic remarks. You got Chloe which is one of my most hated characters now as she is nothing more then a fucking dumb slut with no emotions or morality whatsoever that also makes sarcastic remarks, Flynn which was to obvious that he was going to betray you and makes sarcastic remarks.

Hell if there is one character i like and consider relatable its Elena. Oh yeah did i mention they always make WITTY SARCASTIC REMARKS EVERY GODDAMN MINUTE WHEN YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GODFUCKINGDAMN GAME?

Oh yeah and before rambo is going to bitch about Marcus Fenix and gears this is exactly how i felt with gears of war but with gears of war 3 they have truly developed a great personality.

But it isn´t a bad story. These kind of hollywood storylines are not that often in games so i didn´t mind it that much (atleast if they didn't obviously overdo it) The voice acting is some of the greatest i've heard and the action setpieces make call of duty look like a low budget musical.
8.5/10

Replay value: I gotta say that i haven't played the muliplayer yet so most of my points towards the multiplayer is based on sources.

First the singleplayer is simply so amazing and the gameplay is so non linear that it makes me want to play it over and over again. Actually the only game that ever got me to play a singleplayer multiple times is halo (for different reasons)
You have a shitload of collectibles you will be able to find in the campaign which will keep you busy.
As for multiplayer. You got typical multiplayer and co-op missions. While both kinda do lack gametypes you will be able to play it for a long time as it will give you rewards the more you lvl up. I believe you can go till lvl 40.

Whenever you think this game has alot of replay value kinda depends on how much you like it i guess. For me i think i will be playing it for a long time but i wish it could have more in multiplayer.
9.75/10

Overall: Like i already said this is easily my killer app for the ps3 and one of the best adventure games i've ever played. They could still kinda improve in story and the shooting elements in my opinion but you can see the dedication Naughty Dog has put in this game.

Uncharted 2 gets an outstanding

9.5/10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:31 pm

You forgot to mention the part where Rambo was the one who got you into Uncharted to begin with :happyalone:

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:35 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
You forgot to mention the part where Rambo was the one who got you into Uncharted to begin with :happyalone:

Ah yes thank you rambo i wuv you. :happyalone:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Ah yes thank you rambo i wuv you. :happyalone:

:happyalone:

Oh, and btw, just to stay on topic, I completely agree with your complaints about the film stereotypes in the game.

But since you're also getting Uncharted 3, I'm happy to let you, that UC3 doesn't use those kind of stereotypes. Razz
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:40 pm

I thought the snow levels, specifically the first level, was amazing, it's crazy what a good dev can get out of a 6-7 year old machine.

Oh, and watch out, Lykos might come in and ruin the party ...... "but teh brickz"

Razz
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Hey guys its toxic and now that i have finished uncharted 2's campaign i decided to give a review of it. At first i was doubting if i should buy it because i am normally not the type to suddenly buy a game without playing a demo of sort. But i can easily say that this is now my favorite exclusive franchise on the PS3. (sorry infamous 2 Razz )

:fuuu:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:10 pm

You forgot the part where It won basically every GOTY in 2009 and shitted on all other games that year. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:37 am

Duke wrote:
You forgot the part where It won basically every GOTY in 2009 and shitted on all other games that year. Razz

Except for Assassin's Creed II which was a masterpiece in gaming.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:47 am

I need this game...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:22 pm

This is why I don't get why people like Uncharted 2 better. And these are the same people who kinda criticize the game. However, Uncharted 3 story and characters has more depth compared to the previous games. Like we get a little more into Nate's background and his relationship with Sully and Elena is stronger. Not to mention, Marlowe is a much more interesting villain than Zoran. Probably the only problem with Uncharted 3 story was that it left too many loose ends. It didn't tie up nicely as a trilogy. But that's okay because Uncharted isn't suppose to end with a trilogy. The characters will only continue to grow as the story develops.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:29 pm

^ Uncharted 3's story was by far the best one out of them all
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:48 pm

You know I would love to sit here and nitpick Uncharted 3's weak story but I don't feel like arguing right now, maybe later. Razz

I'll say this though, neither game has a particularly "strong story" but Uncharted 2 has a better one. Uncharted 2 is a better game too. Personally I would give UC2 an 8/10 and UC3 a 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:56 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
You know I would love to sit here and nitpick Uncharted 3's weak story but I don't feel like arguing right now, maybe later. Razz

I'll say this though, neither game has a particularly "strong story" but Uncharted 2 has a better one. Uncharted 2 is a better game too. Personally I would give UC2 an 8/10 and UC3 a 7/10.

Its easy to give a so-called opinion and say what's better and what's not. But can you at least defend your opinion and say why it's better?
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:00 pm

It did leave some questions open. Like is Nathan Drake Drake's real name? Will Drake and Elena get engaged? Or are they?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Chobo wrote:
It did leave some questions open. Like is Nathan Drake Drake's real name? Will Drake and Elena get engaged? Or are they?

Don't forget about...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mecha on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:12 pm

What Mecha said.

Plus, how is the story any better in UC2?.....if anything, UC2 barely even has a story compared to UC3.

Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:13 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
You know I would love to sit here and nitpick Uncharted 3's weak story but I don't feel like arguing right now, because I can't. Razz

:fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:26 pm

I also forgot to mention that in Uncharted 3, it actually makes a lot more sense on why Nate is looking for what he's looking for. Where as in Uncharted 2, it is like just like another typical Indiana Jones type story.

Seriously guys, if you're going to say Uncharted 2 (story) is better than 3 then at least explain why.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Damn calm your tits. I don't feel like debating really because this is Toxic's thread and I don't want to ruin it.

Uncharted 2 had a more consistent story line and had better pacing. It seems like ND tried to make the story in UC3 deeper but ended up leaving plot holes, plus it had way too many cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm not being clam? Razz

I'm not trying to debate. I'm just asking why you like Uncharted 2 better than 3 is all. While I would love to disagree with you, I still respect your opinion. Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Mecha wrote:
This is why I don't get why people like Uncharted 2 better. And these are the same people who kinda criticize the game. However, Uncharted 3 story and characters has more depth compared to the previous games. Like we get a little more into Nate's background and his relationship with Sully and Elena is stronger. Not to mention, Marlowe is a much more interesting villain than Zoran. Probably the only problem with Uncharted 3 story was that it left too many loose ends. It didn't tie up nicely as a trilogy. But that's okay because Uncharted isn't suppose to end with a trilogy. The characters will only continue to grow as the story develops.

The problems I had with the story was that they spent Uncharted 2 developing the character of Chloe and a good part of Uncharted 3 developing the character of Cutter, and they both just completely disappear in the second half of the game. I felt no closure with either of their character arcs as I felt they were both good characters.
You can also tell that Naughty Dog built gameplay sequences first and then tried to wrap story moments around it. Look at the entire ship sequence. Amazing piece of gameplay, but did nothing at all to advance the overall storyline of finding the treasure. That's basically an hour where the storyline was stagnant in a 10 hour long experience which is unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:39 pm

UC2 has a very cliche story...I haven't played UC3 but I can tell that there is a lot more character development judging by the trailers.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 pm

I love Uncharted 3 to death, but the story kinda sucked, and, as Stigma said, it left a lot of questions, a few being:

Spoiler:

I'm sure there are more things I left out. Maybe Stigma remembers some others.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:27 pm

I love how they made Charlie look like he appeared in the previous games, when in reality he didn't. Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 725796345
At first I was like... who the fuck is this guy? I don't remember him from the previous Uncharted games? Its as if Naughty Dog added him just so they can plan prequels. But I do hope we see more of Charlie in future sequels. Even though his character wasn't well developed.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:29 am

Both gamer are superomgroflwtfbbq awesome.
Uncharted 2 is my favorite game of all time.
Uncharted 3 was awesome too, the only reason i prefer Uc2 is, that the story feels... smoother . Fuck i dont know the right word in english Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 1443829230 .
Maybe i will give a better explanation later on, but im in a hurry right now :oops:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews Uncharted 2   Toxic reviews Uncharted 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toxic reviews Uncharted 2
Page 1 of 1