Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)

Go down 
+3
The_Biotic_God
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) Empty
PostSubject: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Hey guys its toxic and i wanted to show my favorite games i played this year and give each of them a review.

The full score is not a mix between the other scores.

So lets started.

Gears of war 3:

Graphics/artstyle: Simply put the best looking game on the 360 BY FAR. Epic has pushed the 360's limit and has shown everyone its potential. As my biggest complaint with the first gears were that they didn't feel like it used to be a habitable planet gears 3 did feel like a planet was really invaded and that there used to be people just living their life. With amazing lighting, details and color. This is the best looking game i've ever played. 10/10

Gameplay: Gears 3's gameplay will feel very familiar. Taking cover, fast pacing, reloading at the right time. Yes it might feel linear and repetitive. However the variety of enemies including little to big enemies from each the locust and lambent are so different and you have to use different tactics to fight them which makes me easily forget the linearity. 9.5/10

Story: A seriously amazing story that will make the biggest gears fans cry. Filled with an amazing cast of characters and so many different plot twists it will simply blow your mind. It easily destroys the whole idea of generic stereotypical characters. 10/10

Replay value: A big campaign with some of the biggest variety in enemies i've ever seen, an amazingly rewarding level system, one of the best multiplayer. Combine it with some of the most addicting features like horde mode and beast mode and you got yourself a game thats worth far more than 60 bucks. 10/10

Overall: This is the perfect 360 game IMO. Whenever you look at singleplayer, multiplayer, storyline, graphics. Epic games nailed every single one of those aspects.

Gears of war 3 gets a 10/10

Infamous 2:

Graphics/artstyle: The graphics aren't really mindblowing but they are good. The lighting and other powers look amazing and are the strongest point of infamous. But the enemies sometimes glitch out. Its not mindblowing but it gets the job done. 8.5/10

Gameplay: The gameplay is easily the main strenght in infamous 2. The idea of having badass superpower in a free roaming city with easy climb mechanics this is one of the most addicting and satisfying game i've ever played. The variety in power is huge and everything feels and plays perfect. 10/10

Story: This is your typical super hero comic story, and that is a very good thing. The cutscene's in comic form is unique and so fucking awesome and makes me wish they made more cutscene's like that and you have 2 different endings which each will shock you as it has some big plot twists. However i couldn't get into the personalities of the characters and the voice acting was....ehhhh. 9.5/10

Replay value: This game has alot of replay value. Having 2 different endings, side missions, and being able to make your own missions. However it won't last that seriously long. 9.5/10

Overall: The game is one of the most addicting games i've ever played as it does not take itself seriously. Besides some poor voice acting and unbalanced enemy placing i say this game is one of the better exclusives the ps3 has to offer.

Infamous 2 gets a 9.5/10

Halo anniversary:

Graphics/artstyle: This is how you should remaster your games. anniversary has been updated and pimped by a new engine from saber interactive to look like modern standards. The graphics however don't look as good as most 2011 games nor even as good as halo reach and the enemy designs look simple. Theres something about the colorfull enviroment i love. 8.5/10

Gameplay: Its amazing how a 10 years old game can still keep up with the most modern games. The game is smooth and fast paced and the enemy A.I is so amazing even better than most modern shooters. The gameplay however does feel kinda outdated. 9.5/10

Story: This is the best story of any halo game. The scripts and voice acting are well done. The explaining of the covenant and their purpose is amazingly great. And god the sudden plot twist of the flood is well placed. However just with infamous 2 i find it hard to really care about the characters. The only character i care about is cortana (i also like guilty spark and johnson but for a comedic effect) 9.5/10

Replay value: With a long lasting campaign, hidden terminals and skull and 7 new maps it will last pretty long. However i still think 40 bucks is a bit to much. 9.0/10

Overall: This is how people should handle remakes. While the game does show its age in level design and other things. Its amazing how well it could still stand against these modern games and i can easily see why people consider halo CE as one of the best shooters for its time.

Halo anniversary gets a 9.0/10

The dishwasher vampire smile:

Graphics/art design: The art design is AMAZING. It really shows a dark and lonely gothic like setting and really gives the cutscene's style. However due to its collorless design the lvls feel linear and generic. 8.5/10

Gameplay: The gameplay is pure over the top bloody hack and slash badassness. The controller layout fits perfect for the combo's and dodging abilities and god how amazing it feels when you do a "fatality" on him. But as it doesn't take that much skill to button mash it does get kinda boring after a while. 8.5/10

Story: The story is actually pretty good. The dark and gritty settings and the amazing cutscene's really show off what the heroes need to go through and it kinda gives them a personality. Its not a massive blockbuster story and its easily forgettable but its good for an XBLA game. 8.0/10

Replay value: There is some replay value. You got 2 campaigns, alot of collectables and modes like arcade and infinite mode are fun. However like i said the gameplay gets very boring easily and you end up doing the same thing over and over with each mode and that is just hacking and slashing your way through enemies 7.5/10

Overall: This game is a hell lot of fun especially for its cheap price. The gameplay and dark design will really immerse you into the game. However don't expect it to have a long lasting appeal.

The dishwasher gets a 8.0/10

In part 2 i will review saints row 3, skyward sword and modern warfare 3 which i will play at my cousin (and don't worry my review will be fair)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:24 pm

"Story: A seriously amazing story that will make the biggest gears fans cry. Filled with an amazing cast of characters and so many different plot twists it will simply blow your mind. It easily destroys the whole idea of generic stereotypical characters. 10/10"

Granted, I've never played the game, but I still find an 10/10 to seem kinda extreme and too high a score IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:20 pm

So far this year I've played:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3) 10.0
2. Portal 2 (PS3) 10.0
3. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3) 9.5
4. Dead Space 2 (PS3) 9.5
5. Batman: Arkham City (PS3) 9.0
6. Saints Row: The Third (PS3) 9.0
7. Infamous 2 (PS3) 9.0
8. Gears of War 3 (360) 9.0
9. LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3) 9.0
10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360) 9.0
11. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3) 8.5
12. Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (360) 8.5
13. Minecraft (PC) 8.5
14. Bulletstorm (360) 8.5
15. L.A. Noire (PS3) 8.5
16. Killzone 3 (PS3) 8.0
17. Mortal Kombat (PS3) 8.0
18. Resistance 3 (PS3) 8.0
19. Sonic Generations (360) 7.0
20. Stacking (PS3) 7.0
21. Venetica (PS3) 6.5
22. DC Universe Online (PS3) 6.0
23. Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (360) 5.5

Last edited by TRF on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:39 pm

You fucking liar. There is no way you have 8 PS3 games. Besides, not like you have the time considering the fact that all you use your game consoles for is Netflix.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
You fucking liar. There is no way you have 8 PS3 games. Besides, not like you have the time considering the fact that all you use your game consoles for is Netflix.

Can someone please demod this troll?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:01 pm

my top games so far:

Uncharted 3 10/10
Portal 2 10/10
Infamous 2 9.5/10
LA Noire 8.5/10
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 8/10
Killzone 3 8/10
Rage 8/10

I also bought a lot of games this year that were from previous years.
Going to get Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelations next.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:33 pm

TRF wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

Ahhh the irony.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:43 pm

TRF wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

It sucks when the troll gets trolled right?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TRF wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

It sucks when the troll gets trolled right?
When who gets what? All I know is that you're herting my fellings.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Mods setting an example I see.

I'ma have to agree with the average voice acting on Infamous 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mods setting an example I see.

I'ma have to agree with the average voice acting on Infamous 2.
I liked it, but it could be because I'm already familiar with the characters.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:26 pm

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Ps3) 7.5
Gears Of War 3 (360) 9.0
Bulletstorm (360) 8.5
Dead Space 2 (360) 9.0
Child Of Eden (360/Kinect) 9.0
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360) 10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)   Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toxic reviews some of his favorite games in 2011 (part 1)
Page 1 of 1