Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

#gotem#Haters

Go down 
+10
Hydell
Mecha
Franko
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
BioDemon
Stoney
Pizzy3C
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:59 am

http://kotaku.com/5858098/why-its-stupid-to-hate-call-of-duty

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 am

It's the MP that annoys me. It has the worst community in gaming, even worst that the UFC Undisputed crowd.

I like the SP and detest the MP.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:05 am

Maybe it wouldn't be so hated if activision wasn't fucking greedy and didn't try to fuck gamers over, this article is damage control at its finest.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:20 am

#gotem#Haters 201111171426351068
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 4:02 pm

Really now? Quit hating.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Nope, sorry. COD MP fucking sucks ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

#gotem#Haters Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm going to have to agree with this article.

The game stand alone is pretty solid. If you want to hate anything, hate the company that keeps rehashing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Or we could stop buying it all together so that they don't keep getting the impression that we want a new COD game every year?

If anyone of us was Activision we'd do the same damn thing. At least each COD game has at least 2 years of dev time and is worked on by separate dev teams. MW3 is pretty solid but man Black Ops sucked. I'm not getting the next Treyarch made COD game..
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Or we could stop buying it all together so that they don't keep getting the impression that we want a new COD game every year?

If anyone of us was Activision we'd do the same damn thing. At least each COD game has at least 2 years of dev time and is worked on by separate dev teams. MW3 is pretty solid but man Black Ops sucked. I'm not getting the next Treyarch made COD game..

Same here. Especially how they handled the PS3 port of Black Ops.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

Agree, I had no idea that Black Ops was bad until I played mw3. I only thought Black Ops was good because of my hatred for mw2...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

#gotem#Haters XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:44 pm

I don't love Call of Duty but I've never played a terrible one.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Black ops was bad... the PS3 version proves this with its jumpy frame rate and dull textures
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

#gotem#Haters R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:02 pm

TRF wrote:

MW2 wasn't terrible?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

#gotem#Haters XidKdMN
New York

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
TRF wrote:

MW2 wasn't terrible?
No, it wasn't. I didn't love the multiplayer but Spec Ops was alright and the campaign was kickass.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:23 pm

TRF wrote:
Mecha wrote:
TRF wrote:

MW2 wasn't terrible?
No, it wasn't. I didn't love the multiplayer but Spec Ops was alright and the campaign was kickass.

yeah. MW2 has some MP issues, but the game was mostly great.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

#gotem#Haters XidKdMN
New York

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Duke wrote:
TRF wrote:
Mecha wrote:
TRF wrote:

MW2 wasn't terrible?

I wouldn't say it was great either. I'd give it a solid 7.0.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Duke wrote:
TRF wrote:
Mecha wrote:
TRF wrote:

MW2 wasn't terrible?

MW3 blows MW2 and Black Ops out of the water. I like it even more than COD4.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:15 am

A shitload of damage control in that article and in the comments. And MW2 SP was a fucking mess...you played like 5 different fucking characters and alot of them were just throwaway ones that you didnt even have time to give a shit about.

And the story = zero sense. You crush the ultranationalists in every way in CoD 4, expose them as nuclear terrorists...then suddenly in MW2 they have legitimately taken over Russia...eh....the fuck? And then it gets better...they invade Washington #gotem#Haters 1443829230

First of all...theres no way you could mobilise that much men and material without someone noticing, i know the game made some flimsy excuse for this by having some sort of spy satelite tech stolen by the russians...but there is a thing called spy networks, other NATO nations with their spy satelites...and sheer common sense that alot of Russian aircraft or warships heding towards america might get spotted on the radar before they even fucking leave Europe??

Plus...why the fuck would they invade fucking Washington...again sense = makes none. The game appeals to the borderline retards who would be a victim to this type of shock value in all types of media. Homefront did it right by having the story be the North Koreans wrecked the US military FIRST before fannying around occupying cities and towns.

MW2 SP = Michael Bays videogame wet dream.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

#gotem#Haters StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:42 am

Reaper wrote:
A shitload of damage control in that article and in the comments. And MW2 SP was a fucking mess...you played like 5 different fucking characters and alot of them were just throwaway ones that you didnt even have time to give a shit about.

And the story = zero sense. You crush the ultranationalists in every way in CoD 4, expose them as nuclear terrorists...then suddenly in MW2 they have legitimately taken over Russia...eh....the fuck? And then it gets better...they invade Washington #gotem#Haters 1443829230

First of all...theres no way you could mobilise that much men and material without someone noticing, i know the game made some flimsy excuse for this by having some sort of spy satelite tech stolen by the russians...but there is a thing called spy networks, other NATO nations with their spy satelites...and sheer common sense that alot of Russian aircraft or warships heding towards america might get spotted on the radar before they even fucking leave Europe??

Plus...why the fuck would they invade fucking Washington...again sense = makes none. The game appeals to the borderline retards who would be a victim to this type of shock value in all types of media. Homefront did it right by having the story be the North Koreans wrecked the US military FIRST before fannying around occupying cities and towns.

MW2 SP = Michael Bays videogame wet dream.
Oh so ture. I guessed they tried getting free advertisement by throwing in a bunch of controversy bait for the news networks to bite on.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:20 am

I dont get people that think it's because of the game. Its more of a hate of the lazy studios.

Instead of making Call of Duty 4.2 (MW3) they should have dont serious improvements instead of just rehashing the same old bullshit year after year.

Atleast back in the days when CoD was a WW2 game they didnt rehash things as much and made good games. CoD died for me after CoD 2 was released and that is 6 years ago.

COD3 BR1: Rehash of COD2 by Treyarch
COD4 MW: Rehash of a mod for COD2
COD5 WAW: Rehash of WW2 using COD4.
COD6 MW2: Rehash of COD4, the COD2 mod.
COD7 BLOPS: Rehash of COD6 with a weapons mod.
COD8 MW3: Rehash of COD4.

Six years and six games later and they all suck and all rehashed... They could have released patches to COD4 for all this really...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

#gotem#Haters R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:40 am

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:04 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The MW3 graphics are meh. Better than Black ops though.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:36 am

Reaper wrote:
True, but it was the most action packed story mode ever. Which is what American males only care about. Just watch our movies...
Reaper wrote:
You didn't crush it, you killed the leader. Leaders die all the time, life goes on and a new person steps up. They didn't take over Russia, they killed an American soldier and left him behind in the airport which pissed Russia off and they went to war thinking that terrorist act was the U.S. gov.
Reaper wrote:
Plus...why the fuck would they invade fucking Washington...
They're the occupying country and had already taken the east coast borders...
Reaper wrote:
Homefront did it right
Because they're not COD...

Remember Reaper it's a video game and a fictional story line.

I didn't bash Resistance for having monstrous technologically advanced machines created by aliens getting destroyed by a single human being who's weapons don't hold a candle to alien weaponry.

I didn't bash Red Dead Redemption for having me take down armies of outlaws, and real armies by myself, taking over fortresses, and overthrowing the Mexican government only to have a mob half the size of what I'd normally see kill me at the end.

I didn't bash every final fantasy ever because they have all sorts of magic and abilities to control fire, water, wind etc. and having me fly all over the screen in battles, but I still have to travel by trains and automobiles. the fuck?

And nobody else has...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
Reaper wrote:
True, but it was the most action packed story mode ever. Which is what American males only care about. Just watch our movies...
Reaper wrote:
You didn't crush it, you killed the leader. Leaders die all the time, life goes on and a new person steps up. They didn't take over Russia, they killed an American soldier and left him behind in the airport which pissed Russia off and they went to war thinking that terrorist act was the U.S. gov.
Reaper wrote:
Plus...why the fuck would they invade fucking Washington...
They're the occupying country and had already taken the east coast borders...
Reaper wrote:
Homefront did it right
Because they're not COD...

Remember Reaper it's a video game and a fictional story line.

I didn't bash Resistance for having monstrous technologically advanced machines created by aliens getting destroyed by a single human being who's weapons don't hold a candle to alien weaponry.

I didn't bash Red Dead Redemption for having me take down armies of outlaws, and real armies by myself, taking over fortresses, and overthrowing the Mexican government only to have a mob half the size of what I'd normally see kill me at the end.

I didn't bash every final fantasy ever because they have all sorts of magic and abilities to control fire, water, wind etc. and having me fly all over the screen in battles, but I still have to travel by trains and automobiles. the fuck?

And nobody else has...

You can have action with substance aswell, CoD in general just fails at this and just goes for the mindless action and generally comes over as something for your American males to wank over...hence the Duty Calls piss-take.

It clearly states in MW2 that russia was ruled by the Ultranationalist government, they unveiled like statues of that Zhakayev fella and all that.

It still makes no sense that they try to occupy a city, if they were to really invade they would be bombingand air striking for days and it would be against military targets not godamn landmarks...it all reeked of a cheesy disaster movie and was clearly just for shock value.

I'm glad Homefront isn't CoD...the Dev actually put some thought into their campaign and had America severely weakened economically and THEN the North Koreans invade and scattr the military. But thats what you get when the story is written by an actual writer and not a twelve year old.

I don't bash Resistance because its a sci-fi shooter, they can get away with alot more simply due to the meaning of the genre. And its entirely realistic in the fact that the humans capture Chimera weaponry and reverse engineer it. Its been done throughout our history.

I don't bash RDR simply due to the fact i havent played it.

I don't bash FF again simply due to the fact i havent played it.

CoD differs in that ive played nearly all of them but the last few iterations have just become so retarded and predictable with practically no differences from each other that its just sad and NEEDS to be bashed. Criticism is the key to improving your game but it just doesnt happen with CoD. People need to stop excusing for it. Its the same game every year just change the enemies between Russians and Middle east terrorists. Its got to the point where it literally is Madden of Duty, just update the guns by adding a couple of extra scopes and new gun camo and hey new 60 dollar game.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=MW3+Modern+Warfare+2.5+claim&oq=MW3+Modern+Warfare+2.5+claim&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=7441l11927l0l12103l21l19l2l0l0l0l135l1680l9.8l17l0

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

#gotem#Haters Empty
PostSubject: Re: #gotem#Haters   #gotem#Haters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

#gotem#Haters
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next