Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?

Go down 
+5
Hydell
TheJubJub5721
Shin_Akuma
The Enkindler
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? Empty
PostSubject: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:44 am

Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? 2qcqidy

Quote :
For the third generation in a row, I would say Sony has emerged as the front-runner in terms of overall software quality and variety. But all three generations got off to somewhat rocky starts; perhaps the worst was the most recent.

I've said it before: the only reason I got the PlayStation 3 on launch day was because I needed it for work purposes. Left to my own devices, I really had no intention of shelling out $600 for a system that didn't have many games I desperately wanted. Blu-Ray hadn't won the HD format war yet, the PlayStation Network was in its infancy stages, and there were some reliability questions. I remembered working at EB during the PS2 launch, and there were definite issues when new owners tried to stand their new systems vertical. Also, let's not forget that PS3 availability was atrocious at launch. I mean, 6 per store in many places?

As it currently stands, I've got about 75 PS3 games, Blu-Ray is the only HD format, the Network remains free and in my eyes, offers just about everything you get with Live, and I've had two PS3s, neither of which hiccuped even once. And if I were to list the top 10 games of the generation, I'd say at least five or six would be PlayStation 3 exclusives. But you know, Sony may not learn from history...they're trying to say they have learned by delaying the launch of the PlayStation Vita for the sake of a lot of launch software.

The question remains, however- do you think Sony will repeat the same mistakes when the PS4 launches? As in, too pricey, not enough games, quite simply not enough features to warrant the price, and an almost complete lack of availability? It'd be hard to believe they'd do it all over again with the PS4, but who knows?

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:22 am

Looking at the PS Vita which does everything the ps3 should've done (reasonable price, big launch line-up, easy to port on)

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 am

Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:48 pm

didnt sony lose a buttload of money because of the ps3? They shouldn't even make a ps4 imo
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:53 pm

They better not...I hope...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:03 pm

I doubt the would make the same mistakes...its been costing them dearly all this gen.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:58 pm

It's a multi billion dollar company, their analysts would never allow another failure like the PS3 launch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Not going to happen. Sony learned from their mistakes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Also, one of the main reasons it was so expensive was because Blu-Ray was relatively new and very expensive to produce, I mean, some of Blu-Ray players where priced over a 1000 euro when the PS3 launched, now you can get one for around 80 euro or so.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:07 pm

It shouldn't be hard for Sony to build an inexpensive and powerful machine for next gen. I don't think Sony will lose money but I don't think they'll have a monoply like they did with the PS2 either.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Its like the PS3 was more of an experiment to test the water with so to speak, to see if the public would take to the idea of Blu-Ray as a medium.

It paid off, Blu-Ray is the only HD medium and it will not be nearly as expensive next gen to manufacture consoles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?   Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Sony Make The Same Launch Mistakes With The PS4?
Page 1 of 1