Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'

Go down 
+11
The Enkindler
Dam_Noir
Hydell
ghost23
RamboOnRedBull
Chobo
Based Sonji
raspymanic
The_Biotic_God
Archduke
yonny616
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' Empty
PostSubject: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Finally some news on the PS4, also Rambo is going to like this. Razz Also I bet ND, SM, & GG are some of the studios that have the privilege to work on the PS4 early.
http://www.develop-online.net/news/38916/Sony-studios-begin-PlayStation-4-projects#after_ad
Quote :
Preliminary work on PlayStation 4 games has begun at several internal Sony studios, Develop understands.
A trusted source connected to the matter has told Develop that various game projects are at very early stages, though didn’t reveal which of Sony’s sixteen first-party studios had been delegated the work.
Few in the games business expect a new PlayStation to launch before 2014 – the next few Christmases will likely see Sony marketing software for PS3, Move and its new Vita handheld.
A Sony spokesperson has declined to comment.
The discovery comes as rival platform holder Microsoft continues work on its next-generation system. Develop has published data from various sources that points to a Christmas 2013 release for the so-called ‘Xbox Next’.
It is a company convention at Sony to remain constantly engaged in R&D work on future platforms – in fact PS Vita development began soon after the release of the PSP in 2005. But Develop has been told that several SCE studios now have teams working on PS4 game concepts that could jump into full production if given the green light.
Many developers believe PlayStation 3, which first launched five years ago and has gone on to sell more than fifty million units, remains a high-end machine.
In a new interview with Develop, Epic president Mike Capps said it would be a “very tall order” to build commercial hardware that is a generational leap forward.
“I mean, PS3 is still very bad-ass,” he said.
What is clear is that Sony is some distance from finalising the technology behind its next generation console, and any early input from internal game studios will be a relief to the development industry.
Last year, Worldwide Studios (WWS) boss Shuhei Yoshida said Sony has learnt from past mistakes and is now asking game developers to help shape future technology.
“We wanted developers in meetings at the very beginning of concepting new hardware,” he told Develop.
In February, SCE chairman Kaz Hirai said Sony was “not deliberating on PS4”.
The company has built a strategy to support consoles with new games for about ten years, and the experienced executive pointed out that PS3 has not even reached its fifth year yet.
In May, Sony's chief financial officer Masaru Kato explained to investors that "future platform" development work has caused a spike in R&D costs.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Going to be beast!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Can't wait. It'll most likely be the first console I get next gen.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Seeing how sony has both a good 1st and 3rd party line-up unlike the others which only have either a good 1st party or good 3rd party line-up it seems that sony has the best future quality wise.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

Stature : 3
southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:05 pm

sony needs to pull out something very special for next gen because if apple have their way then i cant see sony holding its own against an apple gaming device. microsoft will also struggle but has the wallets to compete against such a giant. as for nintendo i think they will become a game development only company by the end of next gen kinda like sega
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm

^^

ROFL YEAH RIGHT. DUDE, YOU MUST BE JOKING.

Nintendo made so much money off of the Wii. Not only that, they already announced their next-gen hardware..... The Wii-U. Apple won't overtake Sony. Why? Sony has the games. Apple is already struggling to compete with Google.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:16 pm

raspymanic wrote:
sony needs to pull out something very special for next gen because if apple have their way then i cant see sony holding its own against an apple gaming device. microsoft will also struggle but has the wallets to compete against such a giant. as for nintendo i think they will become a game development only company by the end of next gen kinda like sega

Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Nintendo made so much money off of the Wii. Not only that, they already announced their next-gen hardware..... The Wii-U. Apple won't overtake Sony. Why? Sony has the games. Apple is already struggling to compete with Google.

well i said at the End of next gen, nintendo has alot amazing of games hell it has the top 30 best selling games of all time but with the wii-u unlike hardcore gamers who will snap up every new hardware every 5 years or so, i just dont see casual gamers in a hurry to buy a wii-u. as for apple it is already starting to dominate the handheld market just loo at 3ds sales, it is not a matter of if but when apple release a console and with its fan base it will sale alot
iphone 4s 4 million buy it in 2 days because of a letter on the end, come on now eye roll
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:37 pm

raspymanic wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

well i said at the End of next gen, nintendo has alot amazing of games hell it has the top 30 best selling games of all time but with the wii-u unlike hardcore gamers who will snap up every new hardware every 5 years or so, i just dont see casual gamers in a hurry to buy a wii-u. as for apple it is already starting to dominate the handheld market just loo at 3ds sales, it is not a matter of if but when apple release a console and with its fan base it will sale alot
iphone 4s 4 million buy it in 2 days because of a letter on the end, come on now eye roll
Apple has tried the console market before and they failed miserably, their failure makes SEGA's Dreamcast look like a success. Considering how Apple prices their products it'll be priced $500 or more. Look how well that went for Sony, console users are much smarter than Apple users. If they do enter I can only see something like OnLive for Apple TV and they don't have 1st party. Sony & Nintendo dominate in that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:51 pm

raspymanic wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Well duh the reason the 4S sold is because Steve Jobs recently died. But thats just a fad. This is the last boost apple will get before Steve's death is forgotten and apple goes downhill.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 pm

raspymanic wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Are you fucking stupid? There is a difference between selling phones and selling GAMING CONSOLES. Sony has showed us that fanbase means shit all (i.e PS2 to PS3 era.)

Everyone in their fucking mother has an iPhone. My grandmother has an iPhone. I can't see my grandmother purchasing a gaming console. Many people aren't as reluctant to buying a console as they are to buying a phone.

Also, Google is destroying Apple if you hadn't already noticed. The revenue off Android-used phones is tenfold what Apple is making off of their iPhones. Do you really think that Apple is going to start competing with 3 juggernauts while on the brink of being overrun by Android OS/Google?
Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:04 pm

its just the way gaming has always gone new powerful companies come into play when there is a gap in the market

Atari > sega > sony > apple
comm64 > nintendo > microsoft > ???

it comes down to who has the muscle to go up against apple

Apple = $380 billion
microsoft = $268 billion
sony = $65 billion
nintendo = $51 billion
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:09 pm

^^

Apple is only at $302.47 billion (2011)

Microsoft – $294 Billion

They are virtually identical.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:23 pm

exactly my point people are stupid to asume nintendo and sony are untouchable ive lived through 5 generations and its always the same pattern im not trying to debate its just the way it is. ps3 on paper should of smashed this gen nintendo surprised everyone the gaming maret is very fickle
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:27 pm

No, that was not your point. Your point was that Apple was going to end Sony.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:36 pm

raspymanic wrote:
exactly my point people are stupid to asume nintendo and sony are untouchable ive lived through 5 generations and its always the same pattern im not trying to debate its just the way it is. ps3 on paper should of smashed this gen nintendo surprised everyone the gaming maret is very fickle

Apple has ZERO chance of overtaking Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo in the gaming industry. Period.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Yes it is, Sonys being dominated in all markets
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:09 pm

raspymanic wrote:
Yes it is, Sonys being dominated in all markets

They lost a lot of marketshare but they aren't being dominated. Nintendo isn't even after the same market anymore and the gap between the 360/PS3 sales are negligent at best.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:29 pm

They are dominating Apple in TVs and are the lead in 3DTV sales.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:35 am

Actually Samsung is leading in 3D tvs as for the gap between ps3 and Xbox it is irrelevant becausesony is making profit but is still in debt with ps3 which will change by the end of the year I know.

But look this is the way I see it unless Sony makes serious net profit on ps3 in the next 2 years before ps4 is released then they will find it hard to compete with apples wallet as for the games Sony has an array of amazing 1st party exclusives but sales for them on ps3 have been lacklustre at best.

Nintendo on the other hand have the best game sales ever but when it comes to hardware its mixed feelings up and down they have amazing generations then crap ones, the wii-u feels like its going to be a crap one. Shares drop to lowest in 5 years when it was announced, casual games will not rush out and buy a wii-u which looks like 1 step up from the Wii and nintendos profits are already declining back down again. Again if Nintendo doesn't have the same success with the Wii-u as it did with the Wii then I can't see them being taken seriously ever again by hardcore or casuals. If Nintendo did becomes a games only company then their profits would ten fold without a doubt there would ALWAYS be a Nintendo game in the top ten.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:44 am

Everybody should just stop arguing with this xbox-drone AKA Raspymaniac.

This kid is the biggest MLD fanboy of all time, just go look at the xbox republic and check all of his posts.

Anyways, this news is awesome. Finally some next-gen news Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' 2505020059

And Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' 1443829230 at Apple destroying Sony in the video game market...sad, just sad....
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:10 am

Apple is not going to destroy Sony/Microsoft and Sony/Microsoft is not going to destroy Apple. As far as I'm concerned, they're basically two completely different markets.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:16 am

I love how everyone is against raspy and he still thinks hes right. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:28 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:

:lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:28 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

:lolguy:
:lolguy: :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'   Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Studios 'Begin PlayStation 4 Projects'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next