Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Still no word on Jak 4, but...

Go down 
+7
The Enkindler
yonny616
Chobo
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
Mecha
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:16 am

yonny616 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Jesus christ HD remasters are officially the definition of milking. FUCK THIS i want jak 4 not this horse shit of an idea to make a remake for the 100th time. Seriously. Microsoft, nintendo, sony, konami, ubisoft and whatever the fuck should stop being to damn cheap.
How are they "milked"? Sony only makes Collections to build up for a announcement and/or hype to a certain game. The Sly Collection, Ico & Shadow of Colossus Collection and God of War Collection(including God of War Origins) are perfect examples of this. Microsoft remade Halo because it's is their biggest franchise but also to build up for Halo 4. Nintendo... well Nintendo does milk Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 725796345, I haven't seen Konami do a collection yet, and throw Ubisoft in the same boat as Nintendo. Razz
Lol dude this has to been one of the worst combacks ever....Just because they are trying to increase a hype doesn't mean that they are not still milked out HD remasters for 40 bucks. Because they still are. Its pathetic to release collection with slightly improven resolution for 40 bucks just because they don't have BC. Also theres a MGS HD collection from konami aswell as a zone of the enders collection.

May i suggest http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page for the next time?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:30 am

Duke wrote:
lol I actually like the HD re-releases. They give people a chance to play new games that they missed during the PS2 days. However, the GOW, Lara croft, and PoP re-releases weren't necessary at all. The Konami ones I have no problem with, since they are made by Kojima and will sell like hot cakes.

Having said that,
If you guys are going to complain again when SE re-releases Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, I will personally murder every one of you. Razz KH is the main franchise that needs to be released again. KH3 needs to be made, but SE refuses to do it because they are assholes.

BTW, The Halo CE HD Remake is not neccessary at all. It's running at 648p and will look like crap. The superior version is on the PC, which has MP on it. Microsoft should have made a new IP as an exclusive, instead of remaking a game and adding MP to a ten year old game.

1) It doesn't look like crap. It's the best looking "remake" of a last gen game thus far.

2) The PC version isn't the superior version. It doesn't have the updated art work/graphics. It's not going to have the new maps, co-op, etc. The Halo remake is going to have classic/new MP. BTW I played Halo CE MP on PC about a month ago. Nearly every lobby I got into were hacked. Unlike the PC version, we can expect after-launch support from MS/343i in the form of updates/new content.

3) You praise SE/Konami for making last gen remakes. But when MS does it it's evil? You're fucking ridiculous =/. About a year ago MS dismissed the idea of making last gen remakes. It was only until they saw the demand that they decided to announce one. If you want to play the original Xbox version on the 360 they give the option too. The Halo CEA remake is basically fanfare.

You're a hypocrite. You'd "murder everyone of [us]" if we say anything bad about one remake, but then in the next line you bash MS for making a remake.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:32 am

@Arcana & Leonidas-
I completely forgot about those. Razz
@Toxicmaniac How is it the "worst" comeback ever? I told you why Sony/Microsoft does the HD Collections/remakes of said game. Like Rambo & I said, they release a game to build up for the new game that'll probably release a year later. The God of War & Sly Cooper Collections are examples of this, along with the Dual Packs (PS3 Collections) of Uncharted 1/2 & Resistance 1/2.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:39 am

^

This is still an ongoing argument? I'll just re-quote what I just said.

Quote :
2 reasons why it's considered milking:

1) "More effort"= more time, money, and resources. New/updated game engines require just that. Increasing the screen resolution but leaving every other graphical asset the same is literally effortless. It basically means that the budget costs for remaking that game are incredibly low. They sell those collections for 40 bucks. Put the 2 together. Most of that 40 bucks is pure profit because of the fact that packaging and distribution is the bulk of the development costs.

2) The fact that the PS3 has no PS2 BC emphasizes that the remasters are just cash ports. Sony uses this as the answer to PS2 BC. Let's be honest here. PS2 hardware is incredibly inexpensive now (and has been for years). It'll cost them little to nothing to implement PS2 BC into the PS3s. It literally seems like they're TRYING to find ways to make money off of last gen productions.

-------------------------

Now considering the 2 reasons I just mentioned and compare the average PS2 collection to the Halo CE remake that is coming out. The Halo remake will run on a brand new engine, will have a bunch of brand new modes and maps, will have an instant "classic/new" toggle option for the game's graphics (a task that is very resource/memory demanding). Considering this along with the fact that the 360 IS backwards compatible with Halo CE anyways, it makes the upcoming Halo remake seem more like a gift to the fans more than anything else. I'm not saying MS won't get a lot of profit from their remake, but it seriously does seem like Sony is just trying to exploit the one flaw of their console rather than trying to introduce old games to a new audience.

/my 15 minutes typing this up.

DISCLAIMER: Maybe Sony had a change of heart and decided to do the Jak collections differently than the others. We won't know this until it comes out or we see some gameplay footage. However, what I just said DOES apply to every collection Sony has released thus far.

And about the whole "Sony is just using the collection to boost hype." That's all fine and dandy. But seriously? They're expensive as hell for last gen games. Even the Gears of War dual pack was like 30 bucks. And that's a collection of recent games. I honestly doubt they brought up collections for the sole purpose of increasing hype for their games. I mean come on...40 bucks for three 5 buck games.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:51 am

How many fucking times do I have to say it? THEY ARE MADE SO THAT THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GAMES OR HAVE NEVER OWNED A PS2 OR XBOX CAN STILL EXPERIENCE THEM!

are they unnecessary? yes.

are they nice to have for those who never played them? yes.

do they make studios more money? yes.

Is is milking? Absolutely!
(It doesn't matter if one company puts more effort into their re-make or not, It's still milking)

Are people OK with it? yes and no.

If you have already played the games in the collection or own them already, DON"T BUY IT! No one is forcing you to re-buy the games you have already played. they are for people who never had the games in the first place or want to re-play them for nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:54 am

chobo500 wrote:
How many fucking times do I have to say it? THEY ARE MADE SO THAT THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GAMES OR HAVE NEVER OWNED A PS2 OR XBOX CAN STILL EXPERIENCE THEM!

(It doesn't matter if one company puts more effort into their re-make or not, It's still milking)

If you have already played the games in the collection or own them already, DON"T BUY IT! No one is forcing you to re-buy the games you have already played. they are for people who never had the games in the first place or want to re-play them for nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:56 am

yonny616 wrote:
@Arcana & Leonidas-
I completely forgot about those. Razz
@Toxicmaniac How is it the "worst" comeback ever? I told you why Sony/Microsoft does the HD Collections/remakes of said game. Like Rambo & I said, they release a game to build up for the new game that'll probably release a year later. The God of War & Sly Cooper Collections are examples of this, along with the Dual Packs (PS3 Collections) of Uncharted 1/2 & Resistance 1/2.
No you told me why you think its not milking at all. While it still is milking and cheap. I don't care if they do it to hype up a game it is still milking. Theres no excuse for not having BC and then desperatly sell 40 bucks HD remasters.

Quote :

You don't seem to get that BC is for the people that never got to play it. Thats why they made BC in the first place. But no sony has to sell remasters for 40 bucks. Im not gonna accept the fact that sony and most 3rd party companies are acting greedy with the "lets make a remaster to" idea.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:01 pm

chobo500 wrote:

I'm not complaining about the idea of remakes. I just think if they don't have that extra polish, they should be a bit cheaper than 40 bucks. I'd buy those PS2 collections easy if they were 15-20 bucks. If the Halo CE was the same game except up-rezzed then I wouldn't buy it even if it was 15 bucks.

The issue here is value for your money. Not whether they are ethical or not.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Just lock this thread. We are getting nowhere arguing like idiots

@ alan. Halo: Ce remake looks awful. Early 7th gen games look much better. Ur in denial.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks for ruining another thread Alan. BTW, what does this have to do with Halo? If you're just going to be negative towards Sony don't bother leaving a comment at all.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Mecha wrote:
Thanks for ruining another thread Alan. BTW, what does this have to do with Halo? If you're just going to be negative towards Sony don't bother leaving a comment at all.

That is all.
LMFAO you are like the biggest hypocrite in the universe mecha. Like you have never ruined a thread or tried to make a topic that creates a flame war. Atleast alan knows what hes talking about.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:

That is all.
LMFAO you are like the biggest hypocrite in the universe mecha. Like you have never ruined a thread or tried to make a topic that creates a flame war. Atleast alan knows what hes talking about.

I gotta go with toxic. Mecha, you have been arguing with alan in basically every single thread on this forum. You have ruined more threads than anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Mecha wrote:

That is all.

Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 1443829230

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
(long-ass rant)
You don't think Microsoft is banking on the fact that drooling Halo fans will buy a game they can already play? It's still milking. On one hand, Sony is re-releasing games with minimal additions on a console that can't play the original versions of those games. On the other hand, Microsoft is re-releasing a game with added bells and whistles on a console that people can already play the original on. They're both banking on something: Sony on the fact that people can't play the originals, and Microsoft on the fact that drooling Halo fans will pay for a game they've already played (and can play on the Xbox 360 in its original form). In both cases, I see it as them taking advantage of their userbase.

To be fair though, I'd rather play a remake like Anniversary, since that is a true remake, rather than just an HD port of a PS2 game, but that still doesn't change my opinion on the matter.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:34 pm

^

Y u no read my long ass rant?

You can say both are milking it.

BUT The Halo remake isn't as extreme. They actually did put effort into the remake. MS isn't FORCING you to buy the Halo remake because you can just buy the original for much cheaper. You don't have that same liberty with the PS3. If you want to play a PS2 game, they make you either buy the remastered version if it exists (Basically the same exact game with NO bells and whistles) or they make you get your own PS2.

That's what I mean by exploitation. Sony is just using the system's flaws to make extreme amount of profit out of last gen production.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
^

Y u no read my long ass rant?
I did, I just didn't feel like quoting the whole thing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Still no word on Jak 4, but...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2