Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Still no word on Jak 4, but...

Go down 
+7
The Enkindler
yonny616
Chobo
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
Mecha
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Still no word on Jak 4, but... R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Still no word on Jak 4, but... Empty
PostSubject: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:38 pm

http://gematsu.com/2011/09/south-african-retailer-lists-jak-and-daxter-hd-collection
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:51 pm

A must buy from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Great another collection. =/
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:44 pm

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

Edit: No jak x racing???
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:57 pm

I get negged lmfao.

I don't want a collection, which is basically up-rezzed PS2 ports. I want Jak 4.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
I get negged lmfao.

I don't want a collection, which is basically up-rezzed PS2 ports. I want Jak 4.

Who doesn't? But I think an HD remake of Jak is still very worthy for Jak & Daxter fans. Hopefully they include a lot of extra content like they did the the Halo remake.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Still no word on Jak 4, but... 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 3:29 pm

I, for one, never owned a PS2. So I like that Sony is releasing the collections for those who missed out.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 4:15 pm

chobo500 wrote:
I, for one, never owned a PS2. So I like that Sony is releasing the collections for those who missed out.

In that case get it. It's a very excellent series.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Still no word on Jak 4, but... PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:13 pm

If this is true then we can expect a Jak 4 announcement sometime later on. We got to remember the pattern Sony took with Sly Cooper. Sony released a Collection of Sly on PS3 and there was a teaser for Sly 4 in it. Then Sly 4 got announced at E3, expecting the same with Jak 4.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Jesus christ HD remasters are officially the definition of milking. FUCK THIS i want jak 4 not this horse shit of an idea to make a remake for the 100th time. Seriously. Microsoft, nintendo, sony, konami, ubisoft and whatever the fuck should stop being to damn cheap.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Obviously if they're making it it's to go for the market of J&D fans and people who didn't buy it.
They're not expecting a shit load of cash and it makes the people who do want it happy. So just cause it doesn't fit into some our's criteria of a worthy game, doesn't mean it isn't one.

And we're all jumping to conclusions, maybe it will be like Halo remake with extra content. Artbook, trophies, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:46 pm

I want an HD collection. Never played Jak 2,3,X racing
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:35 pm

I still want Jak 4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Leonidas wrote:
I still want Jak 4.

Naughty Dog has shown interest in making it after Uncharted 3. Hopefully, that is true.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:30 pm

I never liked the other Jax games besides 1. I wanna pick it up....but I dont have a PS3. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Jesus christ HD remasters are officially the definition of milking. FUCK THIS i want jak 4 not this horse shit of an idea to make a remake for the 100th time. Seriously. Microsoft, nintendo, sony, konami, ubisoft and whatever the fuck should stop being to damn cheap.
How are they "milked"? Sony only makes Collections to build up for a announcement and/or hype to a certain game. The Sly Collection, Ico & Shadow of Colossus Collection and God of War Collection(including God of War Origins) are perfect examples of this. Microsoft remade Halo because it's is their biggest franchise but also to build up for Halo 4. Nintendo... well Nintendo does milk Still no word on Jak 4, but... 725796345, I haven't seen Konami do a collection yet, and throw Ubisoft in the same boat as Nintendo. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:47 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
How are they "milked"? Sony only makes Collections to build up for a announcement and/or hype to a certain game. The Sly Collection, Ico & Shadow of Colossus Collection and God of War Collection(including God of War Origins) are perfect examples of this. Microsoft remade Halo because it's is their biggest franchise but also to build up for Halo 4. Nintendo... well Nintendo does milk Still no word on Jak 4, but... 725796345, I haven't seen Konami do a collection yet, and throw Ubisoft in the same boat as Nintendo. Razz
Does MGS HD Collection ring any bells?
Also the Halo remake is an ACTUAL remake, just like Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3, completely remade in another engine, not just high res textures and AA(Anti-Aliasing)

SONY: Hey, look how all these idiots whine over the lack of BC, since they love it so much we're just gonna remake their favorite games in HD so they can play them on PS3 and also help ourselves with moar moneyz.
Konami: Count us in.
Ubisoft: Us too.
Microsoft: U gais are so stoopid, just make an actual remake of those games on a current gen engine and stop trying to exploit people because of the lack of BC.

Last edited by Leonidas on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Still no word on Jak 4, but... XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Just because a developer puts more effort into a remake than another doesn't make it any less milked. If you consider God of War Collection to be milking, then guess what? So is Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. The only difference is that with Halo, the graphical quality was taken a little step further.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:09 am

TRF wrote:
Just because a developer puts more effort into a remake than another doesn't make it any less milked. If you consider God of War Collection to be milking, then guess what? So is Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. The only difference is that with Halo, the graphical quality was taken a little step further.
You talking to me or Leo?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 am

yonny616 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
MGS? ZoE? Silent Hill?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Still no word on Jak 4, but... XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:15 am

yonny616 wrote:
You talking to me or Leo?
I'm just making a general statement since this seems to be a hot topic around here.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:34 am

TRF wrote:

2 reasons why it's considered milking:

1) "More effort"= more time, money, and resources. New/updated game engines require just that. Increasing the screen resolution but leaving every other graphical asset the same is literally effortless. It basically means that the budget costs for remaking that game are incredibly low. They sell those collections for 40 bucks. Put the 2 together. Most of that 40 bucks is pure profit because of the fact that packaging and distribution is the bulk of the development costs.

2) The fact that the PS3 has no PS2 BC emphasizes that the remasters are just cash ports. Sony uses this as the answer to PS2 BC. Let's be honest here. PS2 hardware is incredibly inexpensive now (and has been for years). It'll cost them little to nothing to implement PS2 BC into the PS3s. It literally seems like they're TRYING to find ways to make money off of last gen productions.

-------------------------

Now considering the 2 reasons I just mentioned and compare the average PS2 collection to the Halo CE remake that is coming out. The Halo remake will run on a brand new engine, will have a bunch of brand new modes and maps, will have an instant "classic/new" toggle option for the game's graphics (a task that is very resource/memory demanding). Considering this along with the fact that the 360 IS backwards compatible with Halo CE anyways, it makes the upcoming Halo remake seem more like a gift to the fans more than anything else. I'm not saying MS won't get a lot of profit from their remake, but it seriously does seem like Sony is just trying to exploit the one flaw of their console rather than trying to introduce old games to a new audience.

/my 15 minutes typing this up.

DISCLAIMER: Maybe Sony had a change of heart and decided to do the Jak collections differently than the others. We won't know this until it comes out or we see some gameplay footage. However, what I just said DOES apply to every collection Sony has released thus far.

Last edited by Old_Spice_Guy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:35 am

^

Fuck yeah XBOX!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:03 am

lol I actually like the HD re-releases. They give people a chance to play new games that they missed during the PS2 days. However, the GOW, Lara croft, and PoP re-releases weren't necessary at all. The Konami ones I have no problem with, since they are made by Kojima and will sell like hot cakes.

Having said that,
If you guys are going to complain again when SE re-releases Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, I will personally murder every one of you. Razz KH is the main franchise that needs to be released again. KH3 needs to be made, but SE refuses to do it because they are assholes.

BTW, The Halo CE HD Remake is not neccessary at all. It's running at 648p and will look like crap. The superior version is on the PC, which has MP on it. Microsoft should have made a new IP as an exclusive, instead of remaking a game and adding MP to a ten year old game.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Still no word on Jak 4, but... Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:10 am

If they make a Jak & Daxter collection, then that might mean that they are working on a Jak 4.

Why, you ask?

Look:

GOW Collection - GOWIII

Metal Gear Solid Collection - MGS: Rising (Rumored)

ICO Collection - The Last Guardian (Hopefully)

Sly Collection - Sly 4

What do all these games have in common?

They all had a "Collection", and within a year after the "collection" released, they made a new sequel to the games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still no word on Jak 4, but...   Still no word on Jak 4, but... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Still no word on Jak 4, but...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next