Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday

Go down 
+7
ghost23
The_Biotic_God
Orc
Hydell
The Enkindler
Archduke
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday Empty
PostSubject: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:16 pm

As we enter the fall season and approach this year’s onslaught of awesome titles, there’s a lot for gamers to be excited about. With a plethora of blockbuster games on the horizon there’s really no better time to go out and pick up a gaming console if you don’t already have one. If you’re reading this article, then chances are you have already have invested in some gaming hardware, but in the event that you don’t and you are either in the market to pick up a console for yourself or a loved one, I’m here to steer you in the right direction. While the Xbox 360 may have a pretty compelling lineup of software and a robust online service, the PlayStation 3 is a far better investment.

Don’t believe me? Take a look at the five reasons I’ve provided below and then mull it over.

5. 3D Gaming

Okay, I know what you’re thinking… 3D is either too expensive or just completely lame. In the case of the latter, I would say that you likely haven’t experienced a quality game built specifically with 3D in mind. Believe me, if you haven’t seen Uncharted 3 running in 3D, then you have no idea what you are missing out on. And as far as the former complaint – regarding the price – don’t forget that Sony is releasing an affordable option for consumers with the upcoming PlayStation 3D display that will come packed with a pair of glasses, the latest entry in the Motorstorm franchise and a 1080p 24 inch display all for $500. While the screen size a bit on the small side, it is still a fantastic way to experience all that this industry’s groundbreaking technology
has to offer.

4. Free Online

Yeah, I know that PlayStation fanboys have been beating this point into the ground since the PlayStation Network launched, but it doesn’t change the fact that free is a far more compelling price tag than $60. Many will make the argument that Xbox Live is worth the price of entry, and that may have been true a couple of years ago, but as time has gone on, the PlayStation Network has evolved into quite a compelling service that can hold its own with the likes of Xbox Live. And don’t even get me started on PlayStation Plus, a service that provides subscribers with some killer deals in addition to free games every week.

3. Blu-ray

Don’t underestimate the power of Blu-ray. While digital content has become quite popular over the past couple of years, disc based media isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and Blu-ray is the undisputed format of the future. The first time you watch a Blu-ray movie in all of its high definition glory, you’ll never want to go back to the shoddy image quality that you get from up-scaled DVDs and streamed content. Plus, today’s games are getting larger, requiring a lot more storage capacity on a disc. DVDs simply can’t carry all of the content required to play some of today’s biggest games so they have to come on multiple discs. While swapping discs may seem a bit trivial, when given the option, I’d take one disc over three any day, and I’m sure you would too.

2. Affordable Price Tag

Picking up a PS3 is now more affordable than ever, with a $250 price tag for the 160GB version, a whopping $50 cheaper than the 250GB model of the Xbox 360. Considering that the hardware packed into the PlayStation 3 is superior to the competition, there is no doubt that the PlayStation 3 is the better value. With a more powerful processor, Blu-ray drive and much more reliable hardware, Sony’s console is hands down better than the Xbox 360. There isn’t much more I can argue on the matter, as the facts speak for themselves.

1. Robust Lineup of Exclusive Titles

If you’re looking for exclusive content, then the PlayStation 3 is the console for you. With Uncharted 3 set to launch later this year and expected earn a whole bunch of Game of the Year awards, the PS3 is one heck of a compelling platform. Let’s also not for get about the fantastic backlog of games including Resistance 3, Killzone 3, God of War 3, InFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain… do I need to go on? The fact is that Sony has a number of talented developers working on games that will only be playable on the PlayStation 3 and if you don’t want to miss out on them, you’ll need to pick one up. You think that sounds good, just wait until 2012 with the launch of Twisted Metal, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and many more.

Well there you have it. Convinced? Either way, share your thoughts in the comments below.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:20 pm

I agree with this article. The 360's life cycle is just about done and the PS3 has way more better games to play on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:32 pm

No link, No belief.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:20 pm

5 Reasons not to purchase a PS3 this holiday.

5. 3-D really is lame and pointless.

4. Sony wont email me a new password to play online despite me requesting one multiple times FIVE MONTHS AGO.

3. Blu-Ray player for $70 now.

2. Affordable price tag? Five months later i still cant afford one.

1. No exclusive titles this year are jumping out at me as Z0MG MUST BUY!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Lol the robust line up of exclusive titles is the only one i actually give a shit about. And it should be the only reason to pick a ps3 over a 360 because the massive line up of exclusives is just phenomenal. But seriously why the fuck should i care about blu-ray and fucking 3D. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lol the robust line up of exclusive titles is the only one i actually give a shit about. And it should be the only reason to pick a ps3 over a 360 because the massive line up of exclusives is just phenomenal. But seriously why the fuck should i care about blu-ray and fucking 3D. :fuckthat:

Because Pyro2000x will kill you.....lul.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 pm

1. is the only valid reason. xbox is getting no games.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:07 pm

So uh Mecha how much did Sony pay you to post that? You tool.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Lykos wrote:
1. is the only valid reason. xbox is getting no games.

:megusta:
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Once again, you are assuming that Uncharted 3 will win multiple game of the year awards despite the fact that you have never played the campaign and you've only seen a five minute demo.

All the other points you mentioned have been talked over and over since launch with the exception of 3D gaming which no one cares about.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:38 am

^^

With the exception of affordable price tag as well, but I don't see someone changing their mind about a 360 for $50 less.

Also, where does it say that UC3 will win GOTY?
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:07 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

With the exception of affordable price tag as well, but I don't see someone changing their mind about a 360 for $50 less.

Also, where does it say that UC3 will win GOTY?

"With Uncharted 3 set to launch later this year and expected earn a whole bunch of Game of the Year awards"

Anyways.
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
So uh Mecha how much did Sony pay you to post that? You tool.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:44 am

Yeah, reasons #4 and #1 are the only reasons I'd buy a PS3. And by the way, how is "reasonable price tag" a reason to buy a PS3 over a 360 when you can find a 360 for dirt cheap?
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 am

Who the fuck cares?

Seriously this post was not intended for people like us who are members of a gaming forum.

I think it's safe to assume we've all already made our decisions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Yeah, I think this thread was made just to stir up fanboyism.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:44 pm

Duke wrote:
Well duh its posted by mecha....
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Duke wrote:
Well duh its posted by mecha....

Mecha: UNLEASH THE TREY BROTHERHOOD!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday   5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons to Purchase a PS3 Over an Xbox 360 this Holiday
Page 1 of 1