Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta

Go down 
+12
2Sugoi2Die
BioDemon
yonny616
The_Biotic_God
Pizzy3C
Hydell
Archduke
RamboOnRedBull
Blixtstorm
Stoney
Based Sonji
Mecha
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta Empty
PostSubject: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 am

I hate to say this, but the Battlefield 3 beta was very underwhelming. I don't even know where to begin? The game felt like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 mix with Medal of Honor. In fact, it feels more like a sequel to Medal of Honor. But why would you want to play something like Medal of Honor when you can go play Call of Duty? After playing the beta I just wanted to go back and play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 again. Oh and don't be fooled by the trailers, EA is probably only advertising footage from the PC version. But the graphics do look a lot better than Battlefield: Bad Company 2 I admit. Also the crawlers are annoying as fuck! You'll see what I'm talking about when you play the game. Despite on how I feel about the beta, I'm sure the full game will be a LOT better. Though the beta doesn't help on getting me hyped about the game. Hopefully, D.I.C.E. improves the beta soon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:38 am

Played it at my cousin. BF3 looks horrible. Texture popping and screen tearing everywere.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:06 am

Saw some footage. Looks like BC2 with gloss. Same girl but now she's wearing lip gloss.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:21 am

Saw a clip on YouTube, game looks very underwhelming on consoles, I knew after seeing all that high end PC footage the console version would look like any other shooter.

FrostBite 2.0 is a next gen engine running on this gens hardware?, pfft, my bollox it is, doesn't look any better than the Unreal III engine, CryEngine 3 or Naughty Dog 2.0.

Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:22 am

I have not to much to complain about the PC version... I guess the consoles just suck ass Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:02 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Saw some footage. Looks like BC2 with gloss. Same girl but now she's wearing lip gloss.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:21 pm

I haven't played it yet. I can't seem to download it, despite owning MoH.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:13 pm

Been saying this for awhile now, BF3 is too much BC2 and not enough BF2.

It literally is just BC2 minus the humour.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 pm

The beta is pretty fun to me. Of course I think all beta's are great. Even bought medal of honor because I loved the beta. After I played the BC2 beta I thought I was in heaven and it was going to be the greatest game ever...

The problems I can see are:
it's difficult to see people laying in prone. It isn't a problem now because everyone's new to it but once people start playing for their precious k/d i'd be surprised to see any foot on foot combat. Plus get the vehicles in there and everyone will try to hide. Speaking of hide when the game starts I always go to the bushes because it's impossible for them to see me, which will be something I hate when more people realize that and start doing it.

There's alot of inconsistency with the bullet damage, it seems like it's 25% for every bullet to the body but a number of times I find my self insta killed by 1 bullet w/ 100% health :/ Shotgun seems useless so far since it takes less bullets to kill. Sniping is unbearable as I've hit a person proned 3 times in the head and couldn't get the kill, other times I'll hit the waist and 1 shot off them spawning :/

It's enjoyable now, probably because nobody knows it and I can dominate, soon as I start losing I'm sure I'll change my tune.

And the graphics are worse than most people thought... Just better than BC2, which is better than I thought they would be...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
I have not to much to complain about the PC version... I guess the consoles just suck ass Razz

Stop defending them for Christ's sakes.

The beta has more framerate issues, screen tearing, texture streaming issues than a lot of the graphical juggernauts on the consoles.

It's a sloppy port by DICE. You can't blame the hardware it's on.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:21 pm

1 word, BETA.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:38 pm

yonny616 wrote:
1 word, BETA.

It's going gold in like 2 weeks. It's a demo being dressed up like a beta.

Skip to :40, it's when the gameplay starts, it just gets worse and worse the longer you watch.

I was laughing so hard I was in tears by the end of the vid.

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
Though the beta doesn't help on getting me hyped about the game. Hopefully, D.I.C.E. improves the beta soon.
The idea of a beta is for players to report issues like glitches, missing textures, balancing issues etc to the game developer. Beta isn't a "YAY I GET TO PLAY TEH GAME BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE!". The only way the game will improve if YOU the player actually report the issues.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Gonna play it tomorrow, graphics better be good or better than it is today.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Padders wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Though the beta doesn't help on getting me hyped about the game. Hopefully, D.I.C.E. improves the beta soon.
The idea of a beta is for players to report issues like glitches, missing textures, balancing issues etc to the game developer. Beta isn't a "YAY I GET TO PLAY TEH GAME BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE!". The only way the game will improve if YOU the player actually report the issues.

Lol, they can't fix all these issues in a couple weeks, this is an over glorified demo anyway, trying to get the CoD kids to switch games, which won't happen with the condition it's in.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Yea, the beta is way too close to actual release for them to fix the many glitches that have ALREADY been spotted in just one day of a limited number of people playing. Just think how much will be discovered tomorrow.

No doubt they will patch this up even after release. It's just a shame though that they are rushing the game just so it can compete with MW3.

A proper beta would be one that is put out months before the game is released so that there is actually sufficient time to drastically improve the code. The Halo Reach, Gears 3, and Uncharted 3 betas are perfect examples of how betas should be done.

Last edited by Old_Spice_Guy on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:10 pm

BioDemon wrote:
Padders wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Lol, they can't fix all these issues in a couple weeks
Did my post mention that everyone at DICE has 6 arms?
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Played for another 10 minutes and everyone was hiding and laying down... Beta sucks...
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:38 am

They added Prone?

:fuuu:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:42 am

chobo500 wrote:

Sad
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:05 pm

I pretty much expected this to happen....

Besides, why would I be playing BF3, when I can just play some Gears 3, Uncharted 3. Dark Souls or Skyrim?
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Screen tearing all the way bro
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:34 pm

The beta is fucking garbage. Campers everywhere I go, left and right with prone. The guns are limited. There is only 1 Map. No vehicles. Screen tearing out the ass on consoles. Glitching everywhere.

WTF were you thinking DICE? This beta is an absolute DISASTER!!!
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:17 pm

played it, it was total shit, i was not expecting it to look so bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta   My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first thoughts on the Battlefield 3 beta
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next