Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts

Go down 
+5
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
CernaMLD
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 am

After finally playing the beta, the game was much better than I thought it would be. However, it doesn't quite have that charm as Super Smash Bros. have. But what I will say is that the game does focus more on the fighting rather than just button mashing and relying on items all that time. I mean, the game still has all that, just not as much compared Super Smash Bros. I thought focusing more on the fighting would be a little boring, but it's actually fun. You can tell that the developers wanted something a little different.

All in all, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale may be a Super Smash Bros. rip-off, but it has it's own style and it's own characters. Also it has online.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 am

Played it at a mates house. Not bad from what I played. Doesn't have that awesome fill to it like what you get in SSB but thats just my opinion. I might buy when the price drops.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 am

Just downloaded the Vita version, and I can confirm that it's identical to the PS3 version. You can even play with PS3 players on the Vita as well. It was awesome listening to music on the Vita while playing the game with PS3 players and a friend at the same time. Good thing the PS3 version comes with the Vita version as well. Definitely picking this up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 am

Where can i find it?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:21 am

PSN Store
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:30 am

I can't find it at the PSN store, i've tried to look at games and demo's but i can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:38 am

I think it's only available in North America then. But then again, Padders has played the beta as well, so I'm not sure?
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:35 pm

I actually like it a lot. I suck hard at fighters and try to avoid them as best I can, but playing this on the Vita is pretty addicting. In fact I've been having more fun with it on the Vita than I did on the PS3. I think the only reason I like it so much is because of Parappa the Rapper. It's so nice to have that little rapping dog back. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:57 pm

It's pretty great, but I get Mecha means in comparison to SSBB. Doesn't feel as amazing as playing SSBB. It's only a beta ofcourse. I wish the tutorial enabled you to fight computers without .... well tutoring you. Trying to practice in a real online match is hard as shit.

@ Mecha, SSBB does have online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Yeah, but it's not the same...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 pm

Well in the beta is it practically the same.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:54 pm

I was talking about Super Smash Bros. online.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm talking about that too...

I'm saying SSBB online is nearly exactly the same as the Battle Royale Beta online.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:15 pm

The game is a decent amount of fun. Not great. It seems unbalanced. I noticed that everyone who won in the games I was playing was playing as Kratos. Nobody ever won playing as another character.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Aren't PS3 online games a lot smoother than Wii though?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:17 pm

To be fair, it's cause the people who are playing the beta A LOT and practicing A LOT choose Kratos because he's just overall the biggest badass in the 6 character roster. That's probably why it is Kratos's always winning.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Generally, yeah. SSBB in particular has atrocious online.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:23 pm

I'd like for a match to have one of each character. I played one match where EVERYONE was Kratos, it got real confusing and I would lose my character in the scramble.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:50 pm

I was pretty hyped for the game but I don't think I'm gonna buy it now.

Teckno wrote:
To be fair, it's cause the people who are playing the beta A LOT and practicing A LOT choose Kratos because he's just overall the biggest badass in the 6 character roster. That's probably why it is Kratos's always winning.
No, I think Kratos is genuinely overpowered. His attacks have ridiculous range and he can do a ton of damage. Everyone else is weaksauce with no range on their attacks.

yonny616 wrote:
I'd like for a match to have one of each character. I played one match where EVERYONE was Kratos, it got real confusing and I would lose my character in the scramble.
Plus the camera zooms out way too much. Much farther out than in SSB. I can understand a wide camera if you're playing locally with friends, but when you're online, you don't need to see that much.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Pretty fun from what I've played. Seems very unbalanced though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm

Yea... Kratos is overpowered...

Can't wait till I go Infamous on his ass.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:15 pm

I hope they have New Marais as a stage for the game.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Mecha wrote:
I hope they have New Marais as a stage for the game.

I think they only have one Infamous map and that is Alden's Tower from Empire City.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:22 pm

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:23 pm

new york, fuck yea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thoughts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next