Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STFU about the iPhone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

Stature : 3
London, England

STFU about the iPhone Empty
PostSubject: STFU about the iPhone   STFU about the iPhone I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Ever since the 3DS price drop both the fanboys of various handheld gaming systems have flocked to youtube to give us all their 2 cents on why Angry Birds sucks. If you follow gaming on youtube you will probably know what I mean when I say it is 99% Nintendo fanboys talking shit on mobile gaming. Now I am sick of this so I will spell it out to every DS/3DS/PSP/PSVita fanboy out their; they work because they are PORTABLE games.
I find it somewhat ironic that the same people who rag on the Vita for be a portable PS3 can't understand the appeal of Apps. The reason Angry Birds is the biggest game on the planet is because it is perfectly designed for gameplay on the go. The same is true of Cut the Rope and Fruit Ninja. If you give the average casual gamer (the DS core market) a choice between a long, involving well crafted game for $40 and a $1 game that's prefect for bus journeys they're going to pick the later.
The DS sold well because it was an affordable, fun system that every 10 year old kid wanted for Christmas. But to me the 3DS is a 3D PSP with a touchscreen; it's games are looking more and more like PSP games (look at Splinter Cell on both platforms; they're the same!).
I'm not saying handheld gaming is dead. It's just evolving. I think the Wii U/Vita is what the future of gaming looks like; an HD portable system that can stream images to an HD display (think of a reverse Wii U). Although I may have just described Apple TV. Curse you Apple!
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: STFU about the iPhone   STFU about the iPhone I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Very good points sir
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

STFU about the iPhone XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: STFU about the iPhone   STFU about the iPhone I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Angry Birds is fun, but I would honestly much rather play a more in-depth handheld game. Apps are okay if you're in a waiting room or something, but for long air flights, train rides, car rides, camel rides, etc., I prefer something that doesn't lose its novelty after 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: STFU about the iPhone   STFU about the iPhone I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 pm

TRF wrote:
Angry Birds is fun, but I would honestly much rather play a more in-depth handheld game. Apps are okay if you're in a waiting room or something, but for long air flights, train rides, car rides, camel rides, etc., I prefer something that doesn't lose its novelty after 15 minutes.

exactly
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: STFU about the iPhone   STFU about the iPhone I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:19 am

TRF wrote:
I have a console for in-depth games. handhelds were originally created to pass time with addicting games when your outside having a break or something.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: STFU about the iPhone   STFU about the iPhone I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:02 am

TRF wrote:

Yep.
It was this reason why PSP is my favourite handheld of all time in terms of gaming.
I prefer large games with loads of depth and content. Preferably free roam games. I want to get immersed into amazing environments really.
Also I like a good storyline as well.

That being said I still love the Iphone/Ipod Touch/Ipad. There are so many cheap and free apps that are amazing.
For little over £1 I bought a game that is in the style of Oblivion. It's called Aralon. Look what it features:

- Cloud Save: Save your game progress and access it on multiple IOS devices
- Full Retina Display and iPad Support
- Over 30 hours of gameplay
- Gorgeous and dynamic 3d environments
- 3rd and First Person play modes
- Full Day/Night cycle and dynamic lighting effects
- Epic Soundtrack and realistic sound effects
- Customizable characters, including hairstyles, armor, and different faces
- 4 Character Classes
- Unique Skill Trees for each class
- 3 Playable Races: Humans, Elves, and Trolls
- A primary quest and multiple, optional side-quests