Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop

Go down 
+5
ghost23
Shigdig
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
yonny616
9 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:48 pm

I agree completely with this, Nintendo is afraid that they'll lose the handheld market to Sony.
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/07/28/playstation-vita-the-real-reason-for-a-3ds-price-drop/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:52 pm

U MAD NINTENDO?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:53 pm

I don't think they're afraid of Sony. They're afraid of the market itself, which is slowly becoming more app-centric.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:56 pm

This could be a great opportunity for Sony to strike if they offer an affordable price for the Vita.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Universe wrote:
This could be a great opportunity for Sony to strike if they offer an affordable price for the Vita.
The Vita is $249 for WiFi and $299 for 3G. That's already the same price or more than the 3DS costs currently.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:48 pm

TRF wrote:
Universe wrote:
The Vita is $249 for WiFi and $299 for 3G. That's already the same price or more than the 3DS costs currently.
That's great.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Universe wrote:
TRF wrote:
Universe wrote:
That's great.
No, it's not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Lol at people that actually think they are afraid of sony. :fuckthat:

one word: APPLE
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lol at people that actually think they are afraid of sony. :fuckthat:

one word: APPLE

Three words: UR IN DENIAL
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:09 am

I disagree. I doesn't really have that much to do with the Vita, but rather Nintendo's own earnings. If you read Nintendo's quarterly earnings, that shit went down the drain and so did their stock. The price drop was aimed to increase consumer demand and confidence in the investors.

And I agree that Apple is much more of a competitor in the handheld market than Sony is. The 99 cents model is just absolutely destroying full price handheld games.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:18 am

They dropped the price because they weren't meeting the numbers they wanted to see. End of, in my opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:31 am

Nintendo dropped price on the 3DS because it was afraid of Vita. It got a great reaction from people at E3 before they announced the At&t partnership for 3G and Nintendo was already slacking in sales. I mean come on the PSP sold 2:1 against the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 pm

yonny616 wrote:
I agree completely with this, Nintendo is afraid that they'll lose the handheld market to Sony.
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/07/28/playstation-vita-the-real-reason-for-a-3ds-price-drop/
Sounds like something that Pyro2000x would say. Lets just over look the fact that Nintendo money went the drain and lets just say that Nintendo is afraid of Sonys next fail attempt to bring console gaming to the handheld market.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 pm

Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Sounds like something that Pyro2000x would say.

Yeah it is totally okay when Sony sold the ps3 consoles at a lost.
What are you talking about? Sony had no other option than to sell the PS3 at a loss. It costed them more to make than what the retail price was, the PS3 wouldn't have sold shit if the price wasn't 500 USD/EURO.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

What are you talking about? Sony had no other option than to sell the PS3 at a loss. It costed them more to make than what the retail price was, the PS3 wouldn't have sold shit if the price wasn't 500 USD/EURO.
Like how Nintendo had no other choice to sell the 3Ds at a loss. Oh you make it sound like a sin when other companies cut the prices of their consoles.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:29 am

Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Like how Nintendo had no other choice to sell the 3Ds at a loss. Oh you make it sound like a sin when other companies cut the prices of their consoles.
No, Nintendo has NEVER sold anything at a loss as far as I know. The PS3 sold at a loss because it was $500-$600 when it came out and it costed $800 to make and the 3DS costs $100 to make while it's going to be priced at $169. So how is Nintendo selling at a loss?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:00 am

yonny616 wrote:
Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

No, Nintendo has NEVER sold anything at a loss as far as I know. The PS3 sold at a loss because it was $500-$600 when it came out and it costed $800 to make and the 3DS costs $100 to make while it's going to be priced at $169. So how is Nintendo selling at a loss?
There are reports that Nintendo are selling their 3DS handhelds at a loss now. Yes it cost $100 to make a 3DS console but you have to consider the cost of the packaging, marketing, labor and the distribution etc. which can exceed over the price to make the handheld system.

Since Nintendo almost lost all of their bananas. It may effect the price of the Wii U that Nintendo originally had planned for it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

There are reports that Nintendo are selling their 3DS handhelds at a loss now. Yes it cost $100 to make a 3DS console but you have to consider the cost of the packaging, marketing, labor and the distribution etc. which can exceed over the price to make the handheld system.

Since Nintendo almost lost all of their bananas. It may effect the price of the Wii U that Nintendo originally had planned for it.
Yes, but Nintendo's loss(Which I believe is BS) is nothing compared to Sony's loss that they're going to have with the PSVita. Everyone knows the PSVita will be selling at a loss for 3 years even Sony knows they'll be selling at a loss.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

Stature : 3
southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:24 pm

i know i dont account for the whole market but PSvita will be the 1st playstation ive ever bought. so if someone as stubborn as me wants it over a 3ds then who knows.......

nintendo - 3DS + WIIU = PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop 3089832172
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:50 pm

3DS sucks. VITA FTW
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop   PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PlayStation Vita: The Real Reason for a 3DS Price Drop
Page 1 of 1