Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3DS Price Drop

Go down 
+7
Chobo
Shigdig
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
yonny616
BioDemon
JosefK
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

Stature : 3
London, England

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:48 am

A nearly $100 drop less than 6 months after launch. Thoughts
(Apologies if someone already covered this)
(link- http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/07/28/wow-that-was-quick-3ds-drops-to-169-99.aspx)
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:54 am

Called this, the vita is going to have it a lot tougher now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am

I also heard something about 20 free virtual console games coming to the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 pm

I think it's pretty funny. I mean c'mon Nintendo the Vita isn't even out yet!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

3DS Price Drop PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Yeah it's pretty pathetic by Nintendo and shows you how much they fear the PS Vita and didn't expect it to come out at $250.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Yeah it's pretty pathetic by Nintendo and shows you how much they fear the PS Vita and didn't expect it to come out at $250.

Are you serious? Pathetic? It's called being competitive.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Stoney wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

^This, its called business.
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:23 pm

@Stoney
No it does show that there afraid. This is a bad move, Nintendo has really jumped the gun on this one. What happens when the PSVita gets a price cut? Or god forbid the 3DS STILL doesn't sell? By doing this as early as they did Nintendo have put themselves in a worrying position.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:26 pm

JosefK wrote:
@Stoney
No it does show that there afraid. This is a bad move, Nintendo has really jumped the gun on this one. What happens when the PSVita gets a price cut? Or god forbid the 3DS STILL doesn't sell? By doing this as early as they did Nintendo have put themselves in a worrying position.
I doubt that both 3DS and PSVita will sell great. The smartphone gaming industry took over the handheld gaming industry.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

3DS Price Drop XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

3DS Price Drop ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:36 pm

I still doubt the 3DS will sell good but it probably will have a slight increase in sales. I think the 3DS was just a complete fail to be honest. But you never know, Nintendo might have taken the right decision after all.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

3DS Price Drop 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:57 pm

This is a dangerous move by Nintendo. With the price cut in effect, they will be selling the 3DS as a loss.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1184703p1.html
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

3DS Price Drop PaKTSrO
Earth

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Stoney wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Yes I'm serious, it shows that Nintendo is scarred and worried that the PS Vita will beat the 3DS and that they'll finally lose in the handheld market which has been dominated by Nintendo since it began. This is called being afraid of the competition by jumping the gun, not competitive.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:19 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Stoney wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Yes I'm serious, it shows that Nintendo is scarred and worried that the PS Vita will beat the 3DS and that they'll finally lose in the handheld market which has been dominated by Nintendo since it began. This is called being afraid of the competition by jumping the gun, not competitive.
Lol PSVita beating the 3ds in sales..... 3DS Price Drop 457301478 3DS Price Drop 457301478 3DS Price Drop 457301478 3DS Price Drop 457301478 3DS Price Drop 457301478 So far the PSVita looks better but no fucking chance mate.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

3DS Price Drop XidKdMN
New York

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Stoney wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

It's not being competitive because there's nothing to compete with yet. It's pathetic. Nintendo overpriced their handheld while delivering very few games, and now they're paying for it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

3DS Price Drop PaKTSrO
Earth

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Stoney wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Lol PSVita beating the 3ds in sales..... 3DS Price Drop 457301478 3DS Price Drop 457301478 3DS Price Drop 457301478 3DS Price Drop 457301478 3DS Price Drop 457301478 So far the PSVita looks better but no fucking chance mate.
You need to read better dude, I said Nintendo is scarred and worried that PSVita will beat them in sales I never said it will happen because I'm not Dr. Manhattan lol. It's fact the launch line up for PSVita is superior than the 3DS launch line up and after E3 everyone was impressed with Sony because it was affordable and Sony is known for overpricing their electronics. Nintendo wasn't expecting Sony to release something at a affordable price which EVERYONE was asking for.
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

@Toxicmaniac
You have to admit this is Sony's best chance to beat Nintendo in sales. Most casuals see the 3DS as another upgrade to the DS and a lot of Nintendo's handheld audience have gone to the Apple. The Vita is clearly a new product that appeals to folk who want to play Call of Duty on the go and hardcore gamers alike.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Can we please stop with this "salez" talk?
It's getting old.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:17 pm

@Leonidas
Sorry but this whole thread is about sales and industry. I agree sales aren't that important but they are the focus of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm

TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

It's not being competitive because there's nothing to compete with yet. It's pathetic. Nintendo overpriced their handheld while delivering very few games, and now they're paying for it.

Pre-emptive measures, my friend. Smart move by Nintendo. Either way, handhelds are still shite, unless you're on the go.
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:37 pm

@Stoney
Yeah but Nintendo did this way to early. It makes them look weak that they dropped the price like this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:56 pm

JosefK wrote:
@Toxicmaniac
You have to admit this is Sony's best chance to beat Nintendo in sales. Most casuals see the 3DS as another upgrade to the DS and a lot of Nintendo's handheld audience have gone to the Apple. The Vita is clearly a new product that appeals to folk who want to play Call of Duty on the go and hardcore gamers alike.
Thats exactly not what makes handhelds sell. Handhelds became popular because they they had easy to pick and play up casual games like most smartphones have now.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

3DS Price Drop XidKdMN
New York

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Stoney wrote:
TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Pre-emptive measures, my friend. Smart move by Nintendo. Either way, handhelds are still shite, unless you're on the go.
Dropping the price by $80 only months after the handheld launched is not preemptive measures taken against Sony, it's a pathetic attempt to get more customers to buy a product without any software backing.
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:51 pm

@Toxicmaniac
Most people who buy handhelds for a 'pick up and play' experience (5 minuets on a bus) already have smartphones to play minigames, look how well Angry Birds is doing. The PSP has sold well, christ, it outsold the 3DS 2 to 1 this quarter. People like the idea of a portable hardcore experience.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:00 pm

It's pretty cool that the people who didn't buy the 3DS after the price drop will get 20 games for free.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3DS Price Drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Price Drop   3DS Price Drop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3DS Price Drop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next