Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The worst things about this gen!

Go down 
+17
The Enkindler
Chobo
Stigma
2Sugoi2Die
Jack the Spectre
igame
Pein
Hydell
Pickles1337
Based Sonji
Mikenuge
ghost23
Stoney
Bluenose
TheJubJub5721
NoelX2
Orc
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:00 pm

No good JRPGs on consoles. The best "JRPG" on a console is Demon's Souls, which doesn't play remotely like a JRPG. Atlus needs to hurry their ass up with Persona 5.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:08 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
No good JRPGs on consoles. The best "JRPG" on a console is Demon's Souls, which doesn't play remotely like a JRPG. Atlus needs to hurry their ass up with Persona 5.
Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Odyssey
Valkyria Chronicles
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesperia
White Knight Chronicles
Resonance of Fate

And that's not including the Wii ones.

But yeah, the consoles need more good JRPGs, to match the handhelds.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:16 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Odyssey
Valkyria Chronicles
Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesperia
White Knight Chronicles
Resonance of Fate

all those JRPGS suck except valkyria chronicles
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Pein wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Odyssey
Valkyria Chronicles
Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesperia
White Knight Chronicles
Resonance of Fate

all those JRPGS suck except valkyria chronicles
no u

All of them are good.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm

The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 Activision-call-of-duty-5-military-theatre

Nuff Said.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Overmilking of Overrated Franchises, A.K.A. Call of Duty.
The rise of DLCs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 am

necro-bump.

Playing through an emotional ending like the one in Red Dead Redemption.

"SoftHandsDandyPants would like to play Halo Reach" appears.

Don't do that!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:26 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Odyssey
Valkyria Chronicles
Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesperia
White Knight Chronicles
Resonance of Fate

All of those are shit compared to the JRPGs on the PS2.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:28 pm

OVERMILKING FRANCHISES!!!
Guitar Hero is done. That is what happens when you milk a good franchise. Oh and...TONY HAWK!! WTF is with the stupid skateboard?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:17 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Odyssey
Valkyria Chronicles
Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesperia
White Knight Chronicles
Resonance of Fate

All of those are shit compared to the JRPGs on the PS2.

Ps2 just has Final Fantasy X.

NoelX2 wrote:
OVERMILKING FRANCHISES!!!
Guitar Hero is done. That is what happens when you milk a good franchise. Oh and...TONY HAWK!! WTF is with the stupid skateboard?

You should probably be mad at your friends for buying Guitar Hero and COD.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:20 am

Pickles1337 wrote:

You've clearly never played Persona 3 or Persona 4. SMT Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 are damn excellent also.

Come to think of it, you seem like the kind of guy who'd really enjoy games of the SMT/Persona series.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

You've clearly never played Persona 3 or Persona 4. SMT Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 are damn excellent also.

Come to think of it, you seem like the kind of guy who'd really enjoy games of the SMT/Persona series.

*sigh*Fine. I'll try them out.

Also, Digital Devil Saga? Wut? Japan you so crazy.

BTW what ever happened to that game Atlus was working on? Catherine.

And what about me makes you think I'll enjoy those games? Just curious.

I love you
Back to top Go down
DarthCueball
Merchant
Merchant
DarthCueball

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:45 am

to many shooters. i enjoy shooters but with so many. if i really want to play them ill rent them. the only shooters i will buy is halo, gears, killzone, or a shooter that has something that i could play for hours on end. the lack of jrpgs. the bs of hey "amazing game" is coming out and wii got some amazing dlc on the way for u to pay 9999.99 for it LOL. but why the fuck does there have to be day 1 dlc. its fucking stupid. the fanboys on all sides. 360 rrod, ps3 dead last 4 life, wii is 1st, pc owns minds. why cant people STFU and play games.
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/DarthCueball]
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:59 am

Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

*sigh*Fine. I'll try them out.

Also, Digital Devil Saga? Wut? Japan you so crazy.

BTW what ever happened to that game Atlus was working on? Catherine.

And what about me makes you think I'll enjoy those games? Just curious.

I love you

Atlus is still working on Catherine. It comes out sometime this year. It came out in Japan yesterday actually. Also, see if you can get SMT Devil Survivor for your DS.

The reason I think you'd be interested is because
1. You like anime
2. You read on Cracked.com
Sound like perfect qualifications to me

BTW If you happen to be Christian you may be offended by SMT.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Lack of quality games. I'm not a big "RETRO IS THE WAY TO GO" kind of person either. There just haven't been that many good games this gen. I get tired of playing the same damn game over and over. It's why I was so relieved to play SMG and Amnesia. Brought some life into all the fucking shooters.

Oh and sequels. Stop with the fucking sequels.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Lack of quality games. I'm not a big "RETRO IS THE WAY TO GO" kind of person either. There just haven't been that many good games this gen. I get tired of playing the same damn game over and over. It's why I was so relieved to play SMG and Amnesia. Brought some life into all the fucking shooters.

You sure are a different specimen...

Why wouldn't you want sequels? More of what you loved only better (sometimes.)

If there were no sequels, we'd never have Mega Man II, Final Fantasy VII, the best games in the GTA franchise, etc.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Those aren't really this gen games though, save for GTA 4 (which I didn't like that much anyway). Additionally, I don't think those games are really "sequels" per se. GTA and FF games have no correlation, or VERY minimal, to their previous games. XIII-2, for example, is a sequel, but I don't think I'd consider XIII a sequel to XII and so on.

It's more about sequels that are being milked. If a game warrants a sequel then by all means go for it, but milked franchises and series suck. Mainstream games have been scared to think outside the box and do something original. Now all we get is Sequel Shooter #23.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:44 am

^^^ <3 u so much.

I think the reason I'm not hyped for sequels that much is that, they do very little compared to the very first game.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 am

Ihsahn wrote:

amnesia isn't a shooter ._.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Background Character
Background Character
Invincible

USA

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:14 am

The $10 price increase on games. Next gen, games better not be $70. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:37 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Those aren't really this gen games though, save for GTA 4 (which I didn't like that much anyway). Additionally, I don't think those games are really "sequels" per se. GTA and FF games have no correlation, or VERY minimal, to their previous games. XIII-2, for example, is a sequel, but I don't think I'd consider XIII a sequel to XII and so on.

It's more about sequels that are being milked. If a game warrants a sequel then by all means go for it, but milked franchises and series suck. Mainstream games have been scared to think outside the box and do something original. Now all we get is Sequel Shooter #23.

I see what you're saying.

Still, developers like Atlus and Team ICO are developers that dare think out of the box and create amazing experiences when doing so.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Yep, and they're great devs. Can't wait for ICO's next project.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 pm

-Inconsistant hardware and multiple SKU differences.
-Raised retail prices for games
-Not many games featuring offline co-op anymore
-Decline of certain genres (like RTS's and JRPGs...haven't seen a decent one since Lost Odyssey)
-Oversaturation of shooters...Shooters are very fun but we don't need 30 shooters per year.
-Core gaming not generally being the main focus for the big three.. IE...MS being more focused on motion controls and family shit, same with Nintendo, Sony being focused on advertising their console as a general electronic instead of a gaming machine.
-3rd party content being exclusive to one platform...It's annoying please, please stop. The only thing that should be exclusive to certain platforms are games, not parts of them.
-Sub-HD games. HD Consoles were advertised to run games in HD, I don't want blurry ass games that even a Wii can run. I bought an HDTV just to see what Halo 3/COD4 would look like back in 2007 and boy was I unhappy.

Last edited by Sovereign Alan on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthCueball
Merchant
Merchant
DarthCueball

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:30 pm

time to stop playing video games
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/DarthCueball]
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Yep, and they're great devs. Can't wait for ICO's next project.

Can't wait for Last Guardian myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worst things about this gen!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next