Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The worst things about this gen!

Go down 
+17
The Enkindler
Chobo
Stigma
2Sugoi2Die
Jack the Spectre
igame
Pein
Hydell
Pickles1337
Based Sonji
Mikenuge
ghost23
Stoney
Bluenose
TheJubJub5721
NoelX2
Orc
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

The worst things about this gen! Empty
PostSubject: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:41 pm

What is the worst aspect/s of current gen systems to you?
To me, it's the lack of immersion. Now you must be thinking, "wtf... games are way more immersive this gen", but it's not that, it's just that the moment you go online, someone always invites you to chat. And I've got nothing wrong with chatting but when I'm gaming I feel it takes away from the immersion really.. you're just reminded that it's just a game and I hate that..

What is your least favourite aspect?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:01 pm

The lack of awesomeness...for me of course. If you dont know what that is...just dont ask.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:05 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
The lack of awesomeness...for me of course. If you dont know what that is...just dont ask.

Lack of shmups?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:20 pm

More focus on multiplayer pisses me off. Remember when multiplayer was just a side dish? Now most games strive to be the next Call of Duty. Good thing there are devs like Bioware and Bethesda...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:28 pm

All the damn shooters.. GAH! The worst things about this gen! 21888
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Lykos wrote:
To me, it's the lack of immersion. Now you must be thinking, "wtf... games are way more immersive this gen", but it's not that, it's just that the moment you go online, someone always invites you to chat. And I've got nothing wrong with chatting but when I'm gaming I feel it takes away from the immersion really.. you're just reminded that it's just a game and I hate that..

What is your least favourite aspect?

Go to preferences ; Online status to "Offline"

Got to Notifications ; Turn off notifications i.e Achievements, friends coming online.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Yearly franchise releases, sometimes even multiple releases per year.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:38 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
More focus on multiplayer pisses me off. Remember when multiplayer was just a side dish? Now most games strive to be the next Call of Duty. Good thing there are devs like Bioware and Bethesda...
All good points. I do love multiplayer, especially when it's Halo in which I generally find it's campaigns dull. But I prefer focus on single player, especially on games like Oblivion :)
Though it's gonna be awesome that Two Worlds 2 will be a bit like Oblivion and have multiplayer as well!

Stoney wrote:
Go to preferences ; Online status to "Offline"

Got to Notifications ; Turn off notifications i.e Achievements, friends coming online.

Thanks but will I still be able to play games online in spite of this?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 am

^^^ Yes. You can go online, it's just your status is changed.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 am

Console failure Sad I only got 3 years out of my fat before it died.

- My ps2 still works, i have had it for 8 years

PS3 fat & XBOX (the first one)
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 am

Lykos wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Lack of shmups?
No no no no. The lack of originallity I meant. There are some examples right now but not like the kinds in the N64 era. Iggy's Reckin Balls is a combination of racing and platforming. SSB is a party fighting game which is amazing!
Oh and, there are shmups in this era....even if I have to import them. The worst things about this gen! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:57 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Lykos wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Lack of shmups?
No no no no. The lack of originallity I meant. There are some examples right now but not like the kinds in the N64 era. Iggy's Reckin Balls is a combination of racing and platforming. SSB is a party fighting game which is amazing!
Oh and, there are shmups in this era....even if I have to import them. The worst things about this gen! 2505020059

Mass Effect
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Fallout 3 (RPG/FPS)
Borderlands
Portal

NO ORIGINALITY O_o
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Lykos wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Lack of shmups?

Mass Effect
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Fallout 3 (RPG/FPS)
Borderlands
Portal

NO ORIGINALITY O_o

Bioshock as well.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:36 am

Patches. It was pretty embarrassing when I found out that players in Red Dead Redemption multiplayer had invisible weapons. It feels like I'm paying for a damn beta.

Decline of Japanese games( especially JRPG's) and survival horror games.. The Japanese make the most fucked up, original, and funnest games. Starting this gen, everyone started going for those "gritty", obviously inspired by Hollywood, games where you play as a faceless dude gunning down countless aliens,terrorists, and mutants.

Fuck.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 am

Pickles1337 wrote:

Decline of Japanese games( especially JRPG's) and survival horror games.. The Japanese make the most fucked up, original, and funnest games. Starting this gen, everyone started going for those "gritty", obviously inspired by Hollywood, games where you play as a faceless dude gunning down countless aliens,terrorists, and mutants.

Fuck.

Yes because grinding for 10 hours in Final Fantasy 13 is so damn fun and entertaining...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:26 am

ghost23 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

Fuck.

Yes because grinding for 10 hours in Final Fantasy 13 is so damn fun and entertaining...

lol good point you have there.

Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:18 am

ghost23 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

Fuck.

Don't really care about Final Fantasy since it started going downhill after X.

Funny how people enjoy grinding in Minecraft though.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 am

Too much attention given to casuals this gen.

Too much emphasis on multiplayer and campaign gets little attention to story etc.

Yearly releases like madden and cod that see little to no improvement or sometimes even take a step back from their predecessor.

Sequels being hyped to the fucking moon because they are the first in their series to be next gen and then they fail miserably (GTA4, Mercenaries 2)

Devs not using the full potential of the console for multiplat games, Black looked better on the original Xbox than the PS2 because the devs put extra work in to use the power of the system. Yet this gen everything has to look the same accross all platforms -__-
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 pm

games that need to be single-player but at the last minute,the developers throw multiplayer for it..examples assassins creed brotherhood (eventhough the multiplayer is okay, i think acb should be just single-player,dead space 2,i heard mass effect 3 is going to have multiplayer,bioshock 2 etc.)
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Pein wrote:
games that need to be single-player but at the last minute,the developers throw multiplayer for it..examples assassins creed brotherhood (eventhough the multiplayer is okay, i think acb should be just single-player,dead space 2,i heard mass effect 3 is going to have multiplayer,bioshock 2 etc.)

If ME 3 has MP, then it's obvious Casey Hudson and the boys at Bioware are being forcefully abused up the rectum by the head honchos at EA. I'll be disgusted if they use up valuble space that could be used for the SP.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:52 pm

The worse thing about this gen is how people keep complaining so much about this gen Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The worst things about this gen! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Lykos wrote:
Now I know what to do more often.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

The worst things about this gen! StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:20 am

Games with 2 at the end.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:33 am

TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Now I know what to do more often.

Razz you better not or i'ma get chuck Norris on yer ass!!!
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:55 am

Stoney wrote:
Pein wrote:

If ME 3 has MP, then it's obvious Casey Hudson and the boys at Bioware are being forcefully abused up the rectum by the head honchos at EA. I'll be disgusted if they use up valuble space that could be used for the SP.

they probably will..look at dead space 2..if i remember the multiplayer was announced september and that was five months before the game was released while the game has been announced almost the beginning of last year..no wonder ign said that the multiplayer sucked..i just hope bioware doesn't do this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst things about this gen!   The worst things about this gen! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worst things about this gen!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next