Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making your PC faster.

Go down 
+5
Mikenuge
NoelX2
TheJubJub5721
Orc
Blixtstorm
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Making your PC faster. Empty
PostSubject: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:13 am

Some simple things to do in order to make your PC faster:

Step 1:

System Disk Clean-up

This will help your PC is to clean up its harddrive, and is is found in the properties of the Disk. You will get extra space on the disc aswell.

Step 2:

System Disk Defragment

Disk defragment is an easy way to make the HDD faster on the PC by placing files on better places. This will optimize load speeds and boot up time.
You can find it under Properties and under the tab called: Tools

Disk Defragments can be scheduled for day.

Step 3:

Msconfig

To increase the boot up speed of your PC can easily be done with the msconfig. You can find this by typing msconfig in the start menu. You can also find it in the System32 folder inside the Windows folder.

This is the system configuration for your PC. Select the tab called "Start-Up" this will choose the programs that will start when you turn on the PC. Now you will have to unselect every program you dont want to start when you turn the PC on. For example Skype or Live Messenger.

Depending on how many programs you have running in the start this could boost the PC start up time by several minutes depending on the PC.

Step 4:

Uninstalling

Yes, uninstalling programs is good for your PC. Toolbars and maleware will install on your PC almost every month and accumulate after some time. This programs will run in the background causing your PC to run slower. Some people just remove the folder and hope that they are gone, and this is one of the most common errors as the programs still work.

In order to uninstall a program select the Computer screen and press the button on the bar called "Uninstall or change program". This can also be found in the Control Panel.

Step 5:

Driver updates

As the time goes on the developers will research better working and faster software for your parts and can be found on their websites. This also goes for programs and Windows. As an example, by driver updates you can get marginal to high frame-rate increases to certain games, Crysis is an example. When using a older 8800 series card you can get up to 20-40 FPS in change just by updating the drivers and the game.

Update your PC as often as you can. This will help you on a smoother experience.

Step 6: (Over-course)

Bios updates

The bios is the software that runs the motherboard or any other hardware. It can only be changed in a DOS environment. In order to do this you will need to find out your exact name of your motherboard. After that you need to download updates from the website that made your motherboard, for example Asus or Gigabyte.

Once you have downloaded the new bios file you will need a clean USB and transfer the file on to it.

Restart the computer with the USB plugged in and enter bios mode, this is done before the Windows loading screen and the key to enter it may vary depending on the motherboard or bios maker you have.

Inside bios you have to "flash" your bios to the new version. This will often be found under a bios flash in the utilities section of the bios.

That is some things you can do...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:16 am

Cheers. I actually haven't defragmented in ages. I will definately do it at some point. :)
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:18 am

Lykos wrote:
Cheers. I actually haven't defragmented in ages. I will definately do it at some point. :)

The more you do it the better, I have both my PC's running a defragment once a week.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:19 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Lykos wrote:

The more you do it the better, I have both my PC's running a defragment once a week.

Well I've not done it in perhaps a year and a half? Maybe more? Razz
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Yeah, I really gotta defrag soon...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Also if you have an awful pc that isn't fit for gaming

Get CCleaner, it does regular disk clean ups but I think its more effective for some reason.
Like I do a regular clean up. Then I do ccleaner and it still finds more stuff to get rid of.

Also Gamebooster free version. Cancels all unnecessary running processes so you get a good consistent framerate when gaming.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Lol Im still confused.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:46 pm

get a SSD
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:27 pm

I Defrag once a month. liek a boss
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:51 am

Franko wrote:
I Defrag once a month. liek a boss

+1
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:20 am

I run my OS off a SSD, so I don't need to defrag. Making your PC faster. 2505020059
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:49 am

Isn't updating the BIOS a bit dangerous?
I've heard that if the power goes down while updating the BIOS, the MotherBoard will be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:57 am

Leonidas wrote:
Isn't updating the BIOS a bit dangerous?
I've heard that if the power goes down while updating the BIOS, the MotherBoard will be destroyed.

If you know what you're doing, its not dangerous. You can't really predict or take into account the power going out so you might as well do it.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:02 am

ghost23 wrote:
I run my OS off a SSD, so I don't need to defrag. Making your PC faster. 2505020059

Making your PC faster. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTozjGwd-6y6tQXkqWqjrpeTDl67azmb5sc69u4dd1_38tC41E-
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Mikenuge wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Making your PC faster. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTozjGwd-6y6tQXkqWqjrpeTDl67azmb5sc69u4dd1_38tC41E-

dumb welfare PC wasted on shitty ass BC2 Making your PC faster. 725796345 Making your PC faster. 725796345
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making your PC faster.   Making your PC faster. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making your PC faster.
Page 1 of 1