Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film Empty
PostSubject: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 2:12 pm

Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film 14590411

Quote :
Though Batman V Superman is doing very well at the box office, there's a chance Warner Bros. execs are still concerned about the negative critical reaction to Zack Snyer's Man of Steel follow-up.

One of the main problems a lot of people seemed to have with the film was a perceived lack of "fun", and many felt more humor and levity were needed to make it an altogether more "joyous" movie-going experience.

Well, the studio may well have taken this on board, as BMD reports that reshoots are set to get underway this week on Suicide Squad, with a view to lightening the tone considerably. Apparently they're not planning to insert jokes left and right, and are simply "beefing up fun character moments and interactions."

The second trailer (the one with Bohemian Rhapsody) went down very well with fans, but according to BMD's source, pretty much every joke from the film was crammed in to those couple of minutes, and the rest of the movie is about as dark as you'd expect a story about a team of maniacs, killers, rapists and cannibals to be.

Suicide Squad has a lot of potential for some great black comedy, so if this is true it's not necessarily a bad idea - though I maintain not every CBM should aim to be fun, and I'll never be able the comprehend the portion of fandom that seems obsessed with molding these films to fit their notion of what a capeshit movie "should" be.

But hey, that's just me! Let us know what you think in the comments section.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:07 pm

WB isn't even confident in its own DC movies. Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:21 pm

Well, at least they are listening to some of the fans. Even though Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice wasn't even that dark, just bleek is all. I just hope they don't try too hard to be like Marvel.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:26 pm

Mecha wrote:
Well, at least they are listening to some of the fans. Even though Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice wasn't even that dark, just bleek is all. I just hope they don't try too hard to be like Marvel.

Fans didn't like BvS? Noooooooo!!1 Those were the critics that Disney paid off!!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:28 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Fans didn't like BvS? Noooooooo!!1 Those were the critics that Disney paid off!!

Some people over at IMDb still believe that too. Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film 3202469658
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Some people over at IMDb still believe that too. Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film 3202469658

I know, right! lol!

I can't believe the damage control of people on IMDb. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:43 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I know, right! lol!

Can't really blame them. Having so much hype for many years over a movie, and then for it to turn out so disappointing can cause a serious case of denial.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I know, right! lol!

Can't really blame them. Having so much hype for many years over a movie, and then for it to turn out so disappointing can cause a serious case of denial.

Imagine if tomorrow, on April fools, Disney announces they paid too much to critics during BvS' premiere. It'd be the greatest april fools ever, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:50 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I know, right! lol!

Imagine if tomorrow, on April fools, Disney announces they paid too much to critics during BvS' premiere. It'd be the greatest april fools ever, lol.

Or if Disney announces they have bought off DC. :)
Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:50 pm

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film Z5OZZzH
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film   Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suicide Squad undergoing reshoots to add more "fun" to the film
Page 1 of 1