Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view Empty
PostSubject: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:44 pm

Quote :
A startup backed by Sean Parker of Facebook and Napster fame is trying to encourage Hollywood studios and exhibitors to wade back into those controversial waters.  Called the Screening Room, the company offers secure anti-piracy technology that will offer new releases in the home on the same day they hit theaters, sources tell Variety

Individuals briefed on the plan said Screening Room would charge about $150 for access to the set-top box that transmits the movies and charge $50 per view. Consumers have a 48-hour window to view the film.

Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view Sean-parker

Most studios are reportedly against it, while J.J. Abrams, Peter Jackson, Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Steven Spielberg all support it. Disney has no interest, though.

Quote :
The endorsement of filmmakers like Spielberg, Grazer, Jackson, Howard and Abrams, who have directed or produced some of the biggest movies in history, will be crucial as Parker and Akkaraju try to convince theater owners and studios to embrace their technology and should help attract additional investors.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Wait, what!? Weren't a lot of directors against this?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:01 pm

Mecha wrote:

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:11 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

What do you mean?

http://www.ew.com/article/2011/10/12/universal-will-not-be-releasing-tower-heist-on-demand
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

What do you mean?

http://www.ew.com/article/2011/10/12/universal-will-not-be-releasing-tower-heist-on-demand

Since when is any director mentioned in that article?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:26 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

What do you mean?

A lot of Hollywood directors were against this. I just don't feel like finding the article for it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

What do you mean?

A lot of Hollywood directors were against this. I just don't feel like finding the article for it.

So why did you "feel" like finding an article that doesn't mention them?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:37 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

What do you mean?

So why did you "feel" like finding an article that doesn't mention them?

I mean, I tried looking for it. But I couldn't find it. I could have tried harder, but I don't feel like it right now, lol!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:37 am

Hey guys, I have a great idea!

Let's stop pirating by giving people the option to watch a movie on release day by allowing them to only have to cough up $200 the first time, and $50 each time after that! Who would want to pirate a movie for free if they can just give up their money! Hell, I don't even think people will go to the significantly more cheaper movie theaters that have better screens and audio anymore!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Teckno wrote:
Hey guys, I have a great idea!

Let's stop pirating by giving people the option to watch a movie on release day by allowing them to only  have to cough up  $200 the first time, and $50 each time after that! Who would want to pirate a movie for free if they can just give up their money! Hell, I don't even think people will go to the significantly more cheaper movie theaters that have better screens and audio anymore!

I wouldn't mind paying 50$ to see a movie if it was some incredible event with exclusive experiences or something, but 50$ for a SINGLE VIEW? On a REGULAR TV? For what?

You may as well wait 4 months and own the film for less than 8, if you wanted to. :/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 4:28 pm

Okay, I found it.....

Kinda weird how studios are now against it, while big name directors support this. When a couple of years ago, it was the other way around. Seriously, WTF!? My brain is full of fuck by this. Have these directors stop believing in the theater experience? I understand people pirate movies anyway, but how exactly does this change anything? This digital area is really scary. If everything becomes digital, then there is no reason to go out anymore.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Mecha wrote:
Okay, I found it.....

Kinda weird how studios are now against it, while big name directors support this. When a couple of years ago, it was the other way around. Seriously, WTF!? My brain is full of fuck by this. Have these directors stop believing in the theater experience? I understand people pirate movies anyway, but how exactly does this change anything? This digital area is really scary. If everything becomes digital, then there is no reason to go out anymore.

It brings back Hollywood's biggest and main revenue source: The DVD-like market that's been dying since 2005.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:11 pm

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/james-cameron-christopher-nolan-speak-out-against-50-premium-vod-plan-20160317

James Cameron and Christopher Nolan speak out against removing theatrical exclusivity and the risk of privacy with this model.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:39 pm

I'm still disturbed that directors like Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson, J.J. Abrams and Ron Howard actually support this. It's mindbending. Why would you as "passionate" filmmakers want to support something that could kill off the movie going experience? Why? WHY!?!?! Not only that, this could be bad for indie films as well. Why the fuck would you do this!? I literally feel reap*.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Mecha wrote:
I'm still disturbed that directors like Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson, J.J. Abrams and Ron Howard actually support this. It's mindbending. Why would you as "passionate" filmmakers want to support something that could kill off the movie going experience? Why? WHY!?!?! Not only that, this could be bad for indie films as well. Why the fuck would you do this!? I literally feel reap*.

It will be shitty for all movies that aren't big blockbuster franchises. Everything from indies to mid-budget to original movies would suffer greatly.

I do doubt it'll happen because all the big theaters have to agree with it, or it'll never come true. I sincerely doubt they will sign their own death-note, since they won't even show movies that have one month shorter release, let alone, zero exclusivity.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:32 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It will be shitty for all movies that aren't big blockbuster franchises. Everything from indies to mid-budget to original movies would suffer greatly.

I do doubt it'll happen because all the big theaters have to agree with it, or it'll never come true. I sincerely doubt they will sign their own death-note, since they won't even show movies that have one month shorter release, let alone, zero exclusivity.

Not to mention, Yonny will be out of a job.

Can you imagine a future where there are no longer any theaters and all the younger generation will go, who goes out to see a movie? The thought of that scares me.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Not to mention, Yonny will be out of a job.

Can you imagine a future where there are no longer any theaters and all the younger generation will go, who goes out to see a movie? The thought of that scares me.

I highly doubt there will be a future with no theaters. People predicted the end of theaters since 1950, and have been proven wrong every decade since.

The thing that theaters need to do to thrive is give people an experience, regardless of the type of movie that people watch. There are more people watching franchise movies than ever (literally!), but fewer people watching any other kind of movie at the cinema. That shows people care, so it's up to the theaters to show people they should care regardless of pre-exisiting brands or not.

That's my take on it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 10:58 pm

If indie films die out because of this, than I'm done with movies. Well... not really. But I don't think I would call myself a film buff anymore if it does happen.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 11:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
If indie films die out because of this, than I'm done with movies. Well... not really. But I don't think I would call myself a film buff anymore if it does happen.

Don't worry. No-one is gonna call you a movie buff now, either.

You have no worries for the future, my child.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 12:08 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Don't worry. No-one is gonna call you a movie buff now, either.

You have no worries for the future, my child.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 3:26 am

The UK Cinema Association CONDEMNS ScreenRoom (YES)!

Quote :
The organisation released a statement saying that the idea represented a “massive risk to the future prosperity” of both the Association’s members and the wider film industry.

The UKCA called for a “collaborative approach” to “development of new business models in the industry”, saying that innovation should be made “through discussion between cinema operators, our partners in film distribution and those with realistic long term value-enhancing ideas, not those offering unsustainable alternatives.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view   Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watch new Films day 1 in your Home for 50$ per single view
Page 1 of 1