Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God of War Ascension New Single Player Details

Go down 
+3
RamboOnRedBull
CernaMLD
yonny616
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

God of War Ascension New Single Player Details PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

God of War Ascension New Single Player Details Empty
PostSubject: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Quote :
Some brand-new details on singleplayer have been revealed.

The game is building on the God of War 3 engine. New material, shades, textures, lighting and other improvements have been made so far with the engine. Expect it to be just as epic as past God of War titles.

The game will be showing off a more human side of Kratos. We have already seen some of the background history in the psp version, this will touch more on it. This prequel will be a bit different then the PSP prequel, since it will be touching on more of Kratos ambitions and what he wants out of life.

Story takes place six months after the slaying of his family. Kratos has already made the deal with Ares and yes, he will have the Blades of Choas. Since this is before all the God of War titles, he will be less buff.

The reason why this title isn’t called God of War 4 is because the title isn’t coming after 3, which is something the team did not want people to get confused with. They wanted players to come in and start fresh with the series. Naming it four would make people believe that they would have to play God of War 1 through 3.

The cyclops that was shown off during the multiplayer is as big as Chronos from God of War 3, if not just a bit smaller.

Concerns over the Multiplayer mode have been shouted all around forums today. The team has assured that no way is the single player being dumb down. Single player has always been their “Bread and Butter” and adding multiplayer is something they are excited about
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm

It's STILL going to be set AFTER he made the deal with Ares? Jesus... That would make the first God of War the 4th one with so many things happening in between.

David Jaffe probably never saw this coming. lol
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

God of War Ascension New Single Player Details Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Man, Ascension will be A-W-E-S-O-M-E-!

Though, I'd have wished they had made it set BEFORE he slays his family.

You know, so he wouldn't be a mindless douchebag :/
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

God of War Ascension New Single Player Details XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:33 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Then there wouldn't be much of a story, and the weapon selection would kinda suck.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

God of War Ascension New Single Player Details Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:05 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Then there wouldn't be much of a story, and the weapon selection would kinda suck.

Kratos gets The Blades of Chaos BEFORE he kills his family, right? He gets them from Ares for selling his soul, if I remember correctly?

Also, I'd have loved to see more of what happened in the time period where Kratos works for Ares.

They just kinda leave that part out of the games.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:38 am

Who knows, they might put that part on a possible God of War Vita game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:08 pm

This game just made me buy a ps3 :truestory:
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:26 pm

I'd like to slay his family in a God of War game. That would be awesome just completely pwning a woman and her child. Plus you know it will cause an uproar and we all know controversy creates cash.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
I'd like to slay his family in a God of War game. That would be awesome just completely pwning a woman and her child. Plus you know it will cause an uproar and we all know controversy creates cash.
Why not just rape them first(Sex minigame, only with screaming this time) and then slay them? I love you
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God of War Ascension New Single Player Details   God of War Ascension New Single Player Details I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God of War Ascension New Single Player Details
Page 1 of 1