Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies Empty
PostSubject: Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies   Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 6:49 am

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/quentin-tarantino-talks-superhero-films-true-detective-casting-and-more-270

Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies Quentin-tarantino-vulture-interview

Quote :
I’ve been reading comic books since I was a kid, and I’ve had my own Marvel Universe obsessions for years. So I don’t really have a problem with the whole superhero thing right now, except I wish I didn’t have to wait until my 50s for this to be the dominant genre. Back in the ’80s, when movies sucked — I saw more movies then than I’d ever seen in my life, and the Hollywood bottom-line product was the worst it had been since the ’50s — that would have been a great time.

I tried to watch the first episode of season one, and I didn’t get into it at all. I thought it was really boring. And season two looks awful. Just the trailer — all these handsome actors trying to not be handsome and walking around looking like the weight of the world is on their shoulders. It’s so serious, and they’re so tortured, trying to look miserable with their mustaches and grungy clothes. Now, the HBO show I loved was Aaron Sorkin’s The Newsroom. That was the only show that I literally watched three times. I would watch it at seven o’clock on Sunday, when the new one would come on. Then after it was over, I’d watch it all over again. Then I would usually end up watching it once during the week, just so I could listen to the dialogue one more time.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies   Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 8:41 am

First PTA, and now QT. :-)

Also can't believe shit like True Detective gets views, but not Hannibal. :/
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies   Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 12:03 pm

I wonder which character would fit Tarantino. I think Deadpool would be a nice fit, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies   Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 12:44 pm

@yonny616 Nah. Heroes For Hire would be PERFECT for Tarantino.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies   Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Mecha wrote:
First PTA, and now QT. :-)

Also can't believe shit like True Detective gets views, but not Hannibal. :/

Is TD really that bad? I've only seen the trailers and some footage from the first one's season. It was just a mess that tried too hard to be "cool", in my opinion. Couldn't care about it any less.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies   Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 2:36 pm

@RamboOnRedBull All I know is that the second season is getting pretty mixed reviews. Also I don't like how they change the cast and crew for each season. That's stupid. People are only watching it now because of the brand name that hasn't even proven itself.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies   Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull All I know is that the second season is getting pretty mixed reviews. Also I don't like how they change the cast and crew for each season. That's stupid. People are only watching it now because of the brand name that hasn't even proven itself.

Yeah, I noticed the hate for Season 2. It seems to be going downhill.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies   Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 3:14 pm

@RamboOnRedBull And each season is pretty small too. 8 episodes per season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies   Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tarantino despises True Detective, Praises Superhero movies
Page 1 of 1